Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-03, 10:18 AM   #85
alhazred

Send a message via AIM to alhazred
Default readme

yeh, thanx. thats already been posted earlier in this thread. I've tried it along with everything else thats been suggested.
alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-03, 12:28 PM   #86
alhazred

Default hi

hello? anybody home?
Old 05-16-03, 01:32 PM   #87
bwkaz

Hi... ?

I don't know if you were "hello"'ing to me, but if so... yeah, I did see your reply, and no, I don't have any other ideas. I don't work at nVidia (yet... j/k), either -- I know a couple of people have gotten that impression, don't know if you're among them or not.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-03, 07:39 PM   #88
alhazred

haha, no i wasnt refering to you...i never thought you were an nvidia employee. im trying to post in the thread regularly though to keep it on the top of the forum and hopefully GET THE ATTENTION of an nvidia employee, so thank you for the help it would be nice if others with this problem would do the same because this bug is REALLY starting to piss me off, as is the fact that nvidia chooses to ignore it. mmmm, a radeon is looking better and better with every startx.
Old 05-19-03, 08:32 PM   #89
bwkaz

OK. Just wanted to be sure...
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 08:21 AM   #90
Morgul

Unhappy Same problem

I have exactly the same problem when using driver version 4363 with a GeForce 3 Ti 500, it tooks approximately 3 minutes and 45 seconds to leave the black screen to show the Nvidia logo and continue the XWindow satrtup, and with driver version 2960 it tooks only about 3 seconds.
Morgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-03, 08:32 AM   #91
Morgul

Post XWindow log file

I include here the complete X Window log file (without changing verbosity level).

With 2960 driver version, I also get the messages that talk about invalid modelines, and that doesn't make it as slow as with 4363.

Regards,
Morgul
Attached Files
File Type: log xfree86.0.log (19.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 05-21-03, 08:12 AM   #92
Alexey

Send a message via ICQ to Alexey
Default X frosen on NVIDIA 4363 with GF4MX440

Hi !!!
I have a similar problems as describes above in thred. But I wait a 10 minutes ( yes, it a funny ) and no result - I have a screen with "crazy" character ...

I use 8RDA mobo and GF4MX440 on Mandrake 9.0.

Can we help me ? I have some questions:
1. How to flash new BIOS on my video-card and where get newest BIOS ?

2. I need special BIOS for my card or I can get universal BIOS for this NVIDIA GPU ? (I have GF4MX440 but don't know exactly who is real producer this card)

2. Do I really need flash new BIOS on my mobo to resolve it trouble ? I use BIOS from 03/05/2003

My XFree86.log always stop on line (you can see all file in attach):

(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "800x600"

I try to do ALL (except set MIDI IRQ 10, see below) !!!! but nothing help me (set "Reserved" for IRQ and other, that I can find on this server)

But only ... It recommendet set 10 IRQ to MIDI ... I have MIDI disabled on my BIOS as a sound at all. Do I need enable all sound setting or it enough enable only MIDI for set 10 IRQ to MIDI

And ... I hope NVIDIA help us

Sorry for my English
Attached Files
File Type: log xfree86.log (22.2 KB, 146 views)
Alexey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-03, 11:30 AM   #93
Morgul

Question Updating the BIOS

Is it reliable to update the graphic card's BIOS? Will that solve the problem? Will my graphic card continue to work well under Windows with an updgraded BIOS and without updating Windows' video drivers?

Regards,
Morgul
Old 05-22-03, 11:36 AM   #94
alhazred

Default bios

i have a visiontek gf3 card and AFAIK its not possible to update the bios...if someone knows of a way id be very interested to hear about it.
Old 05-22-03, 11:56 AM   #95
Alexey

Send a message via ICQ to Alexey
Question bios on video-card

I also want to know how to flash BIOS on video-card ...
It is possible at all ?

if suppose it possible - what did it give us ?
Alexey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-03, 09:16 AM   #96
Morgul

Cool Problem solved

I've solved the problem in my computer!!!! Now it starts quicker than ever or, at least, as quick as usual.

What have I done? (will you probably ask).

Well, I only sit a while to read the problems' FAQ inside NVidia drivers' package's README file, the solution to our problems is there, believe me.

The only thing I had to do was to edit the XF86Config file, adding a line like the following:

Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "DFP, TV"

into the section named "Device". After doing that XWindow startup wasn't slow anymore, and I have NOT needed to update my graphic card's BIOS.

You can obtain more info about that option reading the README file I've talked about above. The line that I added works fine to me, but you will have to change it if you usually (I do) don't use a monitor (CRT, LCD, TFT or whatever), but a TV or some other kind of display device.

I hope this will be useful to you.

Regards,
Morgul