Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-04, 05:49 PM   #25
Downside

Default Re: Everquest 2. I think I may have a partial solution to stuttering.

Personally I blame them both, but put the most blame on NVidia, not because they are probably more at fault, but because they put TWIMTBP or whatever logo on the thing. They are still hyping the crap out of that logo, so it should actually mean something. If they are going to let a dev company put that on it's box, then they should be taking a hand in making sure it runs better on thier latest gen hardware than on the competitions 2 or 3 year old models.

That or Sony shoudl pull it and put whatever ATI's partner program logo is on the box/intro screens.
Downside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 08:42 PM   #26
|MaguS|

You know whats even better, Nvidia is having a drawing and giving a copy of WoW away! You would think they would be giving a copy of EQ2 away since they are in partnership... guess we know what that logo means now... jack crap...
Old 12-04-04, 09:03 PM   #27
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
You know whats even better, Nvidia is having a drawing and giving a copy of WoW away! You would think they would be giving a copy of EQ2 away since they are in partnership... guess we know what that logo means now... jack crap...

WoW and EQ 2 are both in Nvidias TWIMP campaign.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-04, 07:29 PM   #28
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Well.......

I picked up a X800 XT today while Chrismas shopping. Haven't seen any retail since launch, happen to look over and catch a single one left in a display case so I snatched it. Knowing I'm going to be devoting a lot of my time to this particular game more then any other game I just want a nice experience.

I'll report back for those who are curious if it runs better on team reds side. If it don't, it goes back.
Old 12-07-04, 06:13 AM   #29
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I'm sad to say the 6800gt is going up on the selling block. I have no paitence to wait for a fix and the difference between the X800XT and the 6800GT is night and day in THIS game.
Old 12-07-04, 08:52 AM   #30
mustrum

Shows once again that the program is "The way it'S meant to be payed" and not played.
Nvidia seems to give a you know what about performance. The just put a sticker on the box and that's it.
For a short while i regretted that i switched over from a x800. Fraps reporting 100+ FPS while i played HL2 (the ATI game) made me happy again though.
EQ2 is the game i play most atm but it's only one game and the bug will be fixed hopefully soon.
Gigabyte 8800 GTS G92 (800/1944/2050)
mustrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-04, 03:57 PM   #31
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrum
Shows once again that the program is "The way it'S meant to be payed" and not played.
Nvidia seems to give a you know what about performance. The just put a sticker on the box and that's it.
For a short while i regretted that i switched over from a x800. Fraps reporting 100+ FPS while i played HL2 (the ATI game) made me happy again though.
EQ2 is the game i play most atm but it's only one game and the bug will be fixed hopefully soon.

Don't jump so fast like me. Now that I got a few hours in.... The X800Xt all be it faster(in that game) is buggy as hell in that game. The whole process was a nightmare from installing the drivers to trying to get the game run right with AA amongst other graphically errors. Talk about 4 years of ATI flashbacks that lead me here to team green. And the whole IQ controversity, please....

Needless to say the X800 is back at the store. The 6800GT is back in the system with a brand new NV5 silencer strapped to her back

Just going to be patient and weait for that fix.
Old 12-08-04, 01:23 AM   #32
nrdstrm

Wow...ChrisRay you are a legend. Your fix was posted at EQII.com in the "Technical Help" forum and it got stickied as a temporary solution. At Nvidia.Com forums, when the tech replied to the thread about EQII, he mentioned your fix as a temporary solution and said they are working on it. Good job man!
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-04, 09:07 AM   #33
Nuvian

aye good job,to bad it didnt fix my problems,good thing it did help some ppl so...hopefully SOE or NV will come up with a fix to this.
Mem:OCZ DDR2 2048MB Platinum XTC
GPU:POV GeFORCE 8800GTX
PSU:Seasonic S12 600W
Sound:X-Fi Xtreme Fatal1ty Prof
Screen:BenQ FP241W
Nuvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 08:16 AM   #34
Ghosthunter

This just started for me 2 nights ago..and had no issues with the game before that.

Running p4 2.8c, 1 GB ram, 6800 GT latest drivers..everything runs smooth except when I am in the tradeskill instance.

Happened to me twice last night, where literally I just froze, my chat froze, and I can barely move, I was able to move but it took 30 seconds to move one step.

I dont know if it is network lag, graphic lag.

I can eventually alt-tab but takes long time to respond..if I wait about 5-7 minutes then eveyrthing comes back to normal, and all the chat I missed I see scroll really fast in the chat window. It is like EQ2 is on pause then unpaused.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how to fix it?
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 03:35 PM   #35
Tigerj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
This just started for me 2 nights ago..and had no issues with the game before that.

Running p4 2.8c, 1 GB ram, 6800 GT latest drivers..everything runs smooth except when I am in the tradeskill instance.

Happened to me twice last night, where literally I just froze, my chat froze, and I can barely move, I was able to move but it took 30 seconds to move one step.

I dont know if it is network lag, graphic lag.

I can eventually alt-tab but takes long time to respond..if I wait about 5-7 minutes then eveyrthing comes back to normal, and all the chat I missed I see scroll really fast in the chat window. It is like EQ2 is on pause then unpaused.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how to fix it?
This used to happen to me also, but seem to stop so far this week. Fo rme what was happening was my CPU was spiking to 100% and it would lag. Once it caught up, everything moved fast forward and my CPU usage for EQ drop to about 80%. It happen a lot in the Tradeskill area and outside at times. I have an AMD 2800+ Barton with 1.5GB of Ram also.
Tigerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 03:38 PM   #36
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT