Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-22-05, 02:01 PM   #145
Riptide

Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

Where have you been playing six_storm? I haven't seen you around since that one day. I've been playing on [H]'s server as well as WarIsHell a lot. If they are full I go find something else but those are my two main spots.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 03:49 PM   #146
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I've been playing on the [H] servers a lot. I forgot how many there were but I usually play the servers that play Office and Dust2. Those are my favs. Aztec is retarded so I don't play that. If you sign on to your friends list, look me up as andrewscott2010. I should be online.

Yahoo Messenger: six_storm
AOL IM: bufflilbug
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 03:59 PM   #147
jolle

I find myself only playing on servers that has disallowed AWP and autosnipers..
gameplay gets more fun that way, there is still scout but IMO Scout = AWP without trainingwheels, if you kill someone with scout you pretty much deserve it.
And getting killed by scout doesnt piss me off, AWP does hehe.. only weapon I get annoyed from getting killed by..
Old 02-22-05, 08:48 PM   #148
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

what about autosniper (aka noob cannon)? That sure as hell pisses me off when a flurry of bullets come towards me coz 8 or 9 players on the other team do nothing but camp and rain hell on anyone coming through.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 09:59 PM   #149
Riptide

Yes, autosnipe and AWP are pussy guns. Even the scout really isn't all that tough to master. I know. Yesterday I bought one on accident. I had never even used it before but I managed to kill 3 people at range before someone got me the very first time I'd even touched it. Considering I'm usually not all that hot with even the M4 - that's a bad sign IMO.
Old 02-22-05, 10:51 PM   #150
six_storm

I'm definitly loving the M4 and the Scout more than any gun. Too bad I get n00bed all the dang time!
Old 02-22-05, 11:00 PM   #151
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I am god with the M4A1. At long distance i can headshot people with em, punch rounds through their armour in quick succession... T's don't really like me on Dust very much...
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 09:01 AM   #152
jbirney

Again I just dont understand why people complain all of the time about the AWP. The weapon is used in many places today by military and police:

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn06-e.htm

It is said that the rifle is designed to kill a polar bear in one shot

And yes I know real-life != Great game play. But again there are many ways deal with an AWP users. I mean CS is not the first nor will it be the last game to have a one shot on kill weapon.

I do agree that the auto snipe and the shotty need to be slighly town down a bit...
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-05, 12:16 PM   #153
six_storm

Here's the deal with the AWP. You can get a n00b in there that buys the AWP and he'll get all of these one shot kills. Trust me, it SUCKS getting n00bed. I hate to get shot down by some n00b with an AWP. Why not make it more challenging and use a scout, especially for all the snipers out there. Or why not get a good rifle and RUSH!? Some, actually a lot, of CS:S players need to get some variety going in their game.
Old 02-23-05, 12:19 PM   #154
|MaguS|

Difference with a NOOB with an AWP and a Pro with an awp is accuracy. If your quick and not a NOOB you should be able to take down any person with an AWP aslong its not someone who is specialized with it. Poeple who KNOW how to use the AWP will be hard to fight even in close range, they know how to spin and even run/jump without missing with it. A NOOB would just plant himself somewhere and hope you come into his sights...
Old 02-23-05, 12:54 PM   #155
Riptide

Bah. All the sniper rifles are a PITA. They are not easy to get around either. I don't buy that it's a piece of cake to take someone out who is camping with one of them. A lot of times that involves flanking them and depending on where the rest of their team decided to run off to - that may not even be possible.
Old 02-23-05, 03:32 PM   #156
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Yes, autosnipe and AWP are pussy guns. Even the scout really isn't all that tough to master. I know. Yesterday I bought one on accident. I had never even used it before but I managed to kill 3 people at range before someone got me the very first time I'd even touched it. Considering I'm usually not all that hot with even the M4 - that's a bad sign IMO.
yeah but you STILL have to hit people in the head for the "1 shot 1 kill" thing, might do the trick in the chest if he isnt wearing armor aswell..
Its alot less frustrating then getting AWPed where you only have to point the weapon in the general direction of the enemy and pull the trigger...
Scout can be very deadly in the right hands, but atleast there is a honest effort behind it in contrast to AWP..
And on servers with AWP and Autosnipers disallowed, you dont get nearly as many Scouters as you would have AWPers and AS:ers, perhaps 1 per team every other round on avrage, as oppsed to every other player with AWP hehe..
And when Snipers are that Scarce its endurable..