Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-05, 03:12 PM   #157
Riptide

Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

No doubt I'd rather have people using the Scout than the AWP/autosnipe. That said, my point still stands. I suck and yet I got three kills the first time I used the weapon and they were ALL one shot kills. Either I got very lucky and they had no armor (maybe) or the weapon does indeed do a huge amount of damage in one shot.

But yes, again, I'd rather face someone w/a scout than an autosnipe/AWP. Getting around behind them and surprising them is not always possible so they aren't necessarily easy to counter even if you know what you're doing.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 02:57 AM   #158
jolle

I usually end up with 40 HP after being shot by scout..
I think that is when fully armored, and often enough that is all I need to take the sucker out.. hehe. not always tho, sometimes i run away like a chicken and kill someone else
no im kidding.. i really suck..
Old 02-24-05, 10:04 AM   #159
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Well, guys, looks like we are getting 2 NEW MAPS tommorrow! YAY! I'm glad that Valve is taking the time to give us new maps every month. Tides wasn't all that great after playing it a few times but compound and train look pretty neat. Ive never played train before so it's all new to me!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 10:33 AM   #160
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Here's the deal with the AWP. You can get a n00b in there that buys the AWP and he'll get all of these one shot kills.
There are plenty of other games that have had one-shot one-kill weapons. Its part of the game. U just have to learn how to deal with it is all.

Quote:
Why not make it more challenging and use a scout, especially for all the snipers out there. Or why not get a good rifle and RUSH!?
I have seen people that are better with a scout than with AWP. Me included. But if your going to elminate all gunes that noobs can use, take out all the snipers, then the shootys, followed by the AK/M4 *****s, followed by the tmp/p90 fools, and pretty soon your down to just knives.

Quote:
Some, actually a lot, of CS:S players need to get some variety going in their game.
Agreed with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Bah. All the sniper rifles are a PITA. They are not easy to get around either. I don't buy that it's a piece of cake to take someone out who is camping with one of them. A lot of times that involves flanking them and depending on where the rest of their team decided to run off to - that may not even be possible.
Well that really depends on the setup. Agreed that some snipers that are good and it will be hard to flush them out. But again using flash, smoke and other tatics you do have a chance. And besides its not a one shot one kill all the time. I have survied plently of AWP shots in my day. Of course I was left with only a few HP and the next time I was hit by anything I was dead. But yes on some maps you can out flank a sniper with minimual effort.
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 11:22 AM   #161
Riptide

Sure on SOME maps. And even then it may not be simply minimal effort. If he has any other of his team members nearby or in your route - you might be screwed. Even w/smoke or flashes. Getting to the sniper unharmed is often the hardest part of taking them out.

The AWP is almost always a one shot kill and while I agree that a noob with it will be less handy than a vet - they are still much more potent with that weapon than someone who is new using an M4 IMO. The kill boards back me up on that - AWP *****s are always way up on the kill list. Well nearly always anyway.

One shot kill weapons are always much more n00bish than spray and pray IMO. The M4 and the Galil are spray/pray but are IMO less pussy than one shot kill guns.

BTW, I don't think they should remove any of the weapons from the game. But we can still call the people that do practically nothing but use the AWP/autosnipe a pussy if we want. Free speech.
Old 02-24-05, 12:27 PM   #162
jbirney

Riptide,
I guess we will just have to disgree on this. But yea free speach!
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 12:38 PM   #163
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirney
There are plenty of other games that have had one-shot one-kill weapons. Its part of the game. U just have to learn how to deal with it is all.
Either that, or find a server that doesnt allow AWP/Autosniper..
I found one I frequent now, pretty tight rules that are enforced to the letter.
Downside is if you slip and swear, your out..
on the plus side, all the jerks, morons, idiots, jackasses, wiseguys, Campers (Awp or other) and generally annoying people gets filtered out by Ban...
Old 02-25-05, 11:15 AM   #164
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Yeah, I hate campers. I only camp unless I know I'm going to get rushed or I'm the only one left on my team against 3 or more enemies running around. THAT'S ABOUT IT. Even with a scout, I run around like a maniac! BOO YA!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-05, 11:37 AM   #165
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

auto sniper is way too accurate, little kickback and the ultimate noob weapon... the servers I play on do not allow it...

awps are ok but while I can live with the all mighty power, it does not penalise the player enough to use it...

compare it to ET for example and the sniper and the rocket launcher...

zoom should take longer and there should be a WAY higher movement penalty with it... I am not going to complain too much since I use the weapon too and can snipe a little (not as good as when I played cs everyday but getting there) but it is seriously unbalanced...

that and the auto-shotty/headshots from range that I don't even get half the time with colt's/ak's... and keep in mind over 1/3rd of my kills are hs's typically...

colt/ak is pretty much guaranteed headshots if you can aim properly in short/med range... long distance is a little trickier (depending on map) but the splatter pattern of the shotty's seems to knock you dead so easily @ range its ridiculous...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 01:24 PM   #166
Riptide

I had some guy get me with a headshot today from range with a pistol WHILE he was running. I call BS. He's either a cheater or he flat out lucked out. His crosshairs wouldn't even have been collapsed for Christ's sake! Ridiculous.
Old 03-01-05, 02:58 PM   #167
0rk.p0rk

This game freezes for me. I'll be walking around aiming, etc, and then it just stops. It starts again after like 7 seconds.
0rk.p0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 03:07 PM   #168
|MaguS|

Try turning Fastwrite off...