Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-11-05, 03:22 PM   #61
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

Sorry about that. The problem for me is that the CT and T skins are very identical. I looked around and some people are having the same problem. Their forums are very slow over there and they haven't posted anything. One solution is that you replace them with custom skins of your choice. I dunno, like you said, their web site is a POS and I really don't want to fool with it. I uninstalled my fusion pack until I can get some things like that straightened out.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 03:33 PM   #62
superklye

so you think that maybe we can keep the gun models/textures but replace the CT/T models with something else? That would be really sweet if it was true...
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 03:33 PM   #63
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

yah they are very similar..

I am hoping for more/clearer distinguishable skins sometime in the near future...

I am also hoping they sort out the hitboxes... the random headsots issue is quite irritating... skill should be rewarded... not noobness
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 03:39 PM   #64
superklye

yeah! exactly! I was raping this guy with an AK last night and he fired his glock once and bam...dead from a headshot. I hit him at least 10 times and I had Kevlar and helmet on! what the hell?!
Old 01-11-05, 03:49 PM   #65
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Gonna try to d/l this pack tonight after work. Anyone know which textures are associated to the player models? The default models are hard enough to differentiate in lower lit areas on some maps, certainly don't need some custom pack making it even worse. Can't wait to see these new weapon models though.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 04:14 PM   #66
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Anyone know which textures are associated to the player models?
That's what we are trying to figure out. superklye, I saw you trying to connect to the server I was just playing on. What happened? I'll be playing later on tonight. Later.
Old 01-11-05, 04:54 PM   #67
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
That's what we are trying to figure out. superklye, I saw you trying to connect to the server I was just playing on. What happened? I'll be playing later on tonight. Later.
Which server was that? Gamers Coalition? I go there pretty much all the time. They have great ping and the no swearing keeps it a friendly environment. We were just playing a really, really ****ty map and I quit. It looked like some crappy usermade map.

EDIT: heh...I was putzing with AA and had it set to 16x which was TERRIBLE performance. Then I tried 8x and it still sucked. Finally, 8xS and that was also bad. I went back to 4x and got back in.

What's your name in-game?
Old 01-11-05, 10:03 PM   #68
six_storm

Yeah, Gamer's Coalition is an awesome server. The only thing is that when people accidently get in the way of fire, you get yelled at for TKs. I hate FF. My in game name is "nV | six_storm". I'll try to find you next time I play (here pretty soon).

Old 01-11-05, 10:07 PM   #69
superklye

awesome...I'll be in there around 11CST probably. I was playing for about an hour earlier but after getting killed by the same guy (acid-flux) in the same spot in cs_italy under the same circumstances 11 times in a row, I had had enough.

I was CT and had the M-16 (or the Colt whatever it is in-game) and I always ran down the left fork, up the stairs to the little house dealie right there and every time, I would shoot0 him ten or so times in the upper-chest and face and he would pop me with a single headshot with a desert eagle EVERY TIME.
Old 01-11-05, 11:14 PM   #70
six_storm

Haha. CS:S is screwy like that. When you go on their, check your rank. I'm always 30 from last place lol. Oh well, I haven't played it too too much.
Old 01-12-05, 12:47 AM   #71
superklye

I played for about an hour tonight...I didn't see you in there. I was like 2743/2850 or something. Not the worst but waaaaay far from the best.

I got very upset again when, again, situations like the above happened over. and over. and over again.

It also took about 20 minutes to get into their server. All I wanted to do was play cs_office and I couldn't get in while they were playing. I got stuck with cs_aztec and cs_dust2 for the whole time. sigh.
Old 01-12-05, 08:32 AM   #72
six_storm

Yeah, GC likes to play Dust and Dust 2 a whole lot. I guess you gotta just roll with the server. I takes you that long to connect? You're not using dial-up are you? I'm using cable and it takes about 1 whole minute to connect. But once I'm connected, it's very fast from there out. Well, I'll be on and off all day. Hope to see you on there.

For any CS:S players on NvNews.net forums, check out:

66.150.107.91:27015 GAMERSCOALITION.COM -- RECRUDESCENCE