Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-05, 01:49 PM   #73
superklye

Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Yeah, GC likes to play Dust and Dust 2 a whole lot. I guess you gotta just roll with the server. I takes you that long to connect? You're not using dial-up are you? I'm using cable and it takes about 1 whole minute to connect. But once I'm connected, it's very fast from there out. Well, I'll be on and off all day. Hope to see you on there.

For any CS:S players on NvNews.net forums, check out:

66.150.107.91:27015 GAMERSCOALITION.COM -- RECRUDESCENCE
no, it took that long for a slot to open up for me to get in.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 03:28 AM   #74
superklye

Oh hells yeah. I played for almost 3 hours straight tonight and I have gotten so much better. I had roughly 60 kills total (not one on map) and about 100 deaths...still not 1:1, but much better than 9 kills and 200+ deaths I would normally have.

It was good to see you in there, six_storm, before you took off. I even got to kill you once.
Old 01-13-05, 09:27 AM   #75
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Oh hells yeah. I played for almost 3 hours straight tonight and I have gotten so much better. I had roughly 60 kills total (not one on map) and about 100 deaths...still not 1:1, but much better than 9 kills and 200+ deaths I would normally have.

It was good to see you in there, six_storm, before you took off. I even got to kill you once.
Soak in it man, cuz it won't be like that for long lol. I was doing extremely well last night also! I had a good streak being a T for a while, but once I went back over to a CT, everything changed for the better. I wish people would make more balanced maps. I hate when my team gets raped!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 09:41 AM   #76
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I'm getting back up to speed and discovering some local servers here which are decent...

still annoying with the whole one shot wonder effect that has been introduced with the headshots......... really really annoying honestly speaking...

those hitboxes need to be fixed and FAST... any ol noob can pop off a HS w/o any skill...

also if both ct and t sides weapon lists could be identical wrt weapons placement (ie the awp is different for ct and t on the list) it would make things easier for the buyer like me who likes to purchase things the old fashioned way (ie B + 4 + 5 or 4 + 6 or whatever it is)
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 10:52 AM   #77
Pimp!

b43b82b83b84b83

lol sadly i can do it in like 1.5 seconds but yeah the awp thing is quite annoying, and wish they would make the ak and m4 same numbers (making scout the same numbers as well)
Pimp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 11:04 AM   #78
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

yah i used to play a heck of a lot of CS back in the 1.x days... gave up on it right around when 1.6 was coming out...

getting back into it and its a heck of a lot of fun now with the source elements and the havok physics

the models and everything looks nicer and the game plays great, but the annoyances, minor but still bothersome
Old 01-13-05, 12:46 PM   #79
jbirney

yea head shots. I seem to get killed so many times by what I think is BS head shot. Then I remember how many BS heads shots that I shot that killed the enemy... so I guess its ok for now. But I do agree they need to fix it a bit more. And that dam shotty. I have seen people "snipe" with it.... I also gave up playing CS after 1.3 something ish. I have found CS:Source a blast to play with all of the little things it does (like seeing the gernade models on the players).
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 01:21 PM   #80
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Soak in it man, cuz it won't be like that for long lol. I was doing extremely well last night also! I had a good streak being a T for a while, but once I went back over to a CT, everything changed for the better. I wish people would make more balanced maps. I hate when my team gets raped!
Yeah, that's one of the thing that annoys me about some of the maps...it is so unbalanced for one side. Take Dust 2 for instance: short A takes you right past a doorway that the CTs can just snipe all day through. Long A has TWO sets of those doors which is just ridiculous. It's hard enough for the terrorists because they have to set the bomb and keep it from being deactivated...do we really need to have to go through these one person channels to get slaughtered? Making it a LITTLE more open would be great.

And that hole-in-the-wall that overlooks B and the under-way over to A is such an unfair advantage for the CTs, too.

Meh, the maps are still fun and I'm still having a blast. I wish we would play more office and less Dust/Dust 2. It was Dust and Dust 2 until 2:15am last night after you left.

Old 01-13-05, 01:21 PM   #81
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirney
yea head shots. I seem to get killed so many times by what I think is BS head shot. Then I remember how many BS heads shots that I shot that killed the enemy... so I guess its ok for now. But I do agree they need to fix it a bit more. And that dam shotty. I have seen people "snipe" with it.... I also gave up playing CS after 1.3 something ish. I have found CS:Source a blast to play with all of the little things it does (like seeing the gernade models on the players).
My roommate's brother can snipe with the shotty. It has got to be the single most annoying and frustrating experience ever.
Old 01-13-05, 01:40 PM   #82
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

amazingly you can inflict more damage @ range with a shotty than an ak or a colt I have discovered on some maps...
Old 01-13-05, 11:30 PM   #83
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Yeah, Valve needs to balance the gun damage thing out. I've noticed that since I first started playing. Well, I reformatted my PC this afternoon and reinstalling CS:S alone has been taking ALL NIGHT. It's really just the updating but it's been doing that for about 4+ hours now. Thanks a lot Valve!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 12:42 AM   #84
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Another thing they need to update is the Hitboxes. majorly out of wack with that one.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote