Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-05, 12:53 AM   #85
superklye

Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
Another thing they need to update is the Hitboxes. majorly out of wack with that one.
hitboxes...? You mean the areas on player models where damage is decided?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 06:36 PM   #86
Riptide

Am I the only one that seems to be a little suspicious of this game, or rather some of it's players?

Seriously... There are people that go up say 15-1 and get head shots seemingly within a fraction of a second pretty much every single time they see you. How can anyone be THAT accurate? It just seems a little suspect to me. I'm not sure they're cheating or what, but I suspect something strange is going on there. I just don't buy that they can really be that much more accurate than everyone else to the point of it being almost ridiculous.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 06:54 PM   #87
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

some people ARE that good...

when I was playing regularly, it was pretty easy to get kills... now with the noob friendly hitboxes, its so much easier to get headshots unfortunately...

there are certainly hackers out there who blatantly cheat and you'll see them all the time..

btw what servers do you normally play on? I try and get in a few hours a week... mainly over the weekend but also a few over the week

lemme know... will try and get in a game or two with you...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 08:00 PM   #88
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Goto www.hardgaming.com and play on some of their servers. Once you get done playing, check out your stats. I'm up to 286 right now.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 08:05 PM   #89
Riptide

I play a fair amount... but I can't seem to get any better at it. I usually barely break even and it's a struggle to come out ahead. Quite often I'll get down 1-6 or worse right away. That's usually when people keep getting me with headshots, sometimes before I even have a chance to fire a shot. Now THAT is frustrating, and way to common. I'll be sitting there kneeling and they'll come running around and pop me before I can do anything. I hate that. I've also had people shoot me and I couldn't see them, which is a bunch of crap becuause that is completely unrealistic.

A friend of mine pointed out something. He got killed once by some guy with a pistol who was quite a ways off and strafing back and forth. Guess what... that would never happen in real life.

Aye, the game is fun but only some of the time. I'm starting to think I might want to shelve it until they fix all the crap with it. Start playing tournament again instead.

I don't play on any server in particular, though if you e-mail me a few IPs I'll add them to my favorites.
Old 01-15-05, 08:37 PM   #90
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

you'll get used to it rip... you have to remember to strafe and pop off the shots when during the strafe you are stationary... much accuracy @ that point and easy for you to get shots off while the other guy is still adjusting

things you think are crap are basically things that more advanced players have been doing for a while... ie pop out from corner... fire off a coupla shots... dodge back...

wrt crouching... I would advise against it during rushes... most people rush round the corner with their weapons @ your head height... you'll die most of the time unless you hear them and pop em right as thy come round before they get a round off

try out some different stuff... you'll be top of the standings soon enough

I am still getting back in the groove... I used to kick ass with the awp... am trying to get back into it...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 09:16 PM   #91
Rakeesh

Yeah I noticed in CS:S that it is so much easier to get headshots. Half the time I can swear I didn't even hit somebody in the head and I still get a headshot.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 10:15 PM   #92
Riptide

I will sometimes strafe, but only at close range. At long range I will usually crouch. I never crouch during a rush, that wouldn't be rushing.

Some of the things I have seen are crap though. Like being shot when you can't even see line of sight on the other guy - and this is not through a crate either. I don't know what the game is doing there, but it's bologne.

I have also seen things when spectating that make no sense... People scoring hits and kills when their cross hairs are not on the target. Ridiculous. Luckily that doesn't happen that often but I have seen it and it isn't my imagination.

For the record, I hate the AWP. I could easily get ahead in kills if I used it but I refuse to. I am with most of the others on that one, including the auto snipe - pussy guns IMO. Sorry if that offends you, but I have my opinion.

Here's another example of nonsense. A friend of mine, who I was playing with, put almost a full clip into me with his AK47 from crouched position. All the time taking fire I swiveled around, leveled my SMG on him, and killed him. Sorry but I should not have been the winner there. The game cheaped him.

Old 01-15-05, 10:38 PM   #93
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

If you dont take it seriously, sometimes the randomness of CS can be pretty funny!
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 10:41 PM   #94
superklye

Gamers Coalition has some great servers...six_storm and I frequent one of them. I believe he posted the IP earlier in this thread.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 12:17 AM   #95
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Tru dat superklye. GC's servers are great ping (as long as you don't lag it down) and they provide a language and TK free server. The [H]ardgaming servers are very good as well. I like to see my stats after I play for a while. Looks like my stats went down a bit tonight
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 12:26 AM   #96
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Dang it... I am telling you guys to go to War is Hell gaming!

HERE! http://www.warishellgaming.com/ . It is a very good server with some good regulars.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote