Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-05, 12:54 AM   #97
superklye

Default Re: Counter-Strike: Source Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Tru dat superklye. GC's servers are great ping (as long as you don't lag it down) and they provide a language and TK free server. The [H]ardgaming servers are very good as well. I like to see my stats after I play for a while. Looks like my stats went down a bit tonight
I'm down in like the bottom 20 now
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 09:58 AM   #98
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
If you dont take it seriously, sometimes the randomness of CS can be pretty funny!
truer words have not been spoken

if you let it get to you it gets frustrating.. but cs:s can also be amusing...

I've been taking screenshots with all the most ridiculous character death models i can find
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 11:39 AM   #99
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Dang it... I am telling you guys to go to War is Hell gaming!
I played for a bit this morning on that server and it was fun. WinMX seemed to be lagging my connection pretty bad though, so I'll try it again when I exit that proggy. I did manage to get ahead 22:16 before I was asked to leave because my ping was getting out of hand.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 12:52 PM   #100
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
truer words have not been spoken

if you let it get to you it gets frustrating.. but cs:s can also be amusing...

I've been taking screenshots with all the most ridiculous character death models i can find
I have a blast everytime I play. Even when I'm getting my ass handed to me theres always a funny spray, some camper, or a guy dying in an uber 1337 yoga pose to keep me amused.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:55 AM   #101
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Some of the things I have seen are crap though. Like being shot when you can't even see line of sight on the other guy - and this is not through a crate either. I don't know what the game is doing there, but it's bologne.
I have seen this happen a lot too. Saw it way back on the original CS. I usually notice it when there is a big ping difference between me and the other person. My best gess is that that MY pc was drawing what it thought was the correct view of the world however the server still thought I was in a different spot and thus scored the kill. I base that off my work with Unreal. Now unreal and CS are wolds apart but I would imagine the over all client server interaction is simular. The client view of the word is only accurate up till its last update from the server. Everything else is a predicted guess by your PC. Sometimes its very close to the server...other times is wrong...remember the server is boss here.....

Quote:
I have also seen things when spectating that make no sense... People scoring hits and kills when their cross hairs are not on the target. Ridiculous. Luckily that doesn't happen that often but I have seen it and it isn't my imagination.
Again this is not the most accurate view of the world. My understanding is the client view is a few frames off on purpose. I seldom see a kill in spectator that looks legit

Quote:
For the record, I hate the AWP. I could easily get ahead in kills if I used it but I refuse to. I am with most of the others on that one, including the auto snipe - pussy guns IMO. Sorry if that offends you, but I have my opinion.
I agree. However its probably more realistic. If this was the real world and a person gets hit with a round from the real life AWP, that person would have a rather big hole in them and in no way would they be combat effective... But real world is not the game world..so meh

Quote:
Here's another example of nonsense. A friend of mine, who I was playing with, put almost a full clip into me with his AK47 from crouched position. All the time taking fire I swiveled around, leveled my SMG on him, and killed him. Sorry but I should not have been the winner there. The game cheaped him.
Oh I have had that happen to me all the time. I however am on the other end. I get the better position. I get supprise. Then I wind up dead. I want to say its all the games fault...however my skill..or lack there of is probably the biggest factor But oh yea I know that feeling all too well!!
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:33 AM   #102
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Here's another example of nonsense. A friend of mine, who I was playing with, put almost a full clip into me with his AK47 from crouched position. All the time taking fire I swiveled around, leveled my SMG on him, and killed him. Sorry but I should not have been the winner there. The game cheaped him.
Its much easier to deliver a headshot on someone who's in a crouched position due to the way the hitboxes adjust. Be careful not to aim + crouch all the time, especially in close quarters battles because a headshot is very easy achieve.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:38 AM   #103
ynnek

don't forget rifles can shoot through all corners, except for metal..
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:40 PM   #104
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Its much easier to deliver a headshot on someone who's in a crouched position due to the way the hitboxes adjust. Be careful not to aim + crouch all the time, especially in close quarters battles because a headshot is very easy achieve.
This may be the way the game works - but it is completely unrealistic. Someone way off in the distance strafing back and forth firing with a pistol should never be able to deliver a headshot and kill me when I'm crouched and firing back with a rifle. Yet it happens. And it's nonsense. That whole exchange I provided an example above (with my friend and the AK) is just as ridiculous.

I know it's a game and it can never be fully realistic... But as a tactical shooter I kind of expect a bit more out if it in that regard.

The game is cheap and hacked but I still enjoy it for the most part. They need to fix some things though and they sure seem to be taking a while. The hitboxes are crack cocaine and the hackers need to go - people with speed hacks still show up quite frequently. And it's uber lame.

The game, even with it's faults, is still rather addictive.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-05, 12:18 AM   #105
superklye

I ran into my first speed hacker last night and the guy was terrible. He ran up to me fast as lightning and I took him down with the MP5 in his face. Tool.
Old 01-21-05, 01:43 AM   #106
superklye

Best 'nade ever:

It's dust2, I'm at B in the wall crevice with my Sig (not the autosniper, the other one) and I'm just hanging out, waiting for a CT to come by. Nothing happens for like 30-40 seconds and I got bored.

I pull out the trust HE Grenade and casually toss it toward the wall that gives away to the big wooden doors next to the underpass...RIGHT AS AS CT COMES THROUGH.

"That was one holy hand grenade" was his only remark after I killed him.
Old 01-21-05, 03:01 PM   #107
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
The game, even with it's faults, is still rather addictive.
I swore I would never play CS again and gave up a year or two ago...yet here I am...finding out I still suck...but having fun on CS Source...doh
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 03:56 PM   #108
superklye

I love this game so much, as enfuriating as it is and as many times that I just F10 out in fury, I always come back for more