Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-10-04, 01:21 AM   #61
superklye

Default Re: Doom³: "Resurrection of Hell" Scans (Includes... Bullet Time??!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Oh god please don't tell me CoD2 will be on the buggy as **** Source engine. Playing Bloodlines is hell because of the Source taint.
It's not the engine's fault, it's crappy game designers fault for having an entire extra year to perfect that game and not doing it.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 01:35 AM   #62
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
It's not the engine's fault, it's crappy game designers fault for having an entire extra year to perfect that game and not doing it.
Bloody hell, OF COURSE it's the engines fault [granted some of the bugs are Troikas fault but not all of them]. HL2 and Bloodlines have some of the SAME god damned bugs. Stuttering, graphical corruption at 1600x1200 [upper left starts displaying random garbage, only way to fix is reboot comp], random memory leaks, random rapage of frames, sometimes will go from 250+ to 20 for no apparent reason. The list goes on. HL: Source also has these problems. It's an engine thing.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 02:05 AM   #63
superklye

Quote:
Bloody hell, OF COURSE it's the engines fault [granted some of the bugs are Troikas fault but not all of them]. HL2 and Bloodlines have some of the SAME god damned bugs. Stuttering, graphical corruption at 1600x1200 [upper left starts displaying random garbage, only way to fix is reboot comp], random memory leaks, random rapage of frames, sometimes will go from 250+ to 20 for no apparent reason. The list goes on. HL: Source also has these problems. It's an engine thing.
Apart from the initial and post-quick save stuttering, I have no problems. I have no problems in HL:S either, nor have I had any of these other bugs that apparently happen to everyone, everywhere while playing Source games.
Old 12-10-04, 02:09 AM   #64
holmes

hmm.. although the first two levels of HL2 seemed fun (I haven't played it in a few weeks), the overall bugginess of the game was very annoying,. Luckily Doom3 had no such problems...

The Rig
ASRock 970 Extreme3 AM3+
AMD Athlon II x2 260
DDR3-1600 (2x2GB) Kingston HyperX
Western Digital caviar 1TB
ECS GeForce GT 220 1GB
Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX case
Corsair 750W PSU
holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 07:19 AM   #65
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I haven't heard any rumors yet... the game I wanna see is Soldier of Fortune 3

Ghoul 3 Damage engine...
Roger that!!! - Sadly Jakup Raven Software are rather busy with Quake4 at the mo - I do hope they jump Straight into making SOF3 on the Quake4 engine with Ghoul 3 Technology!!!! when there finished with Q4.

That would be Awesome dude.
Old 12-10-04, 07:20 AM   #66
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Default Re: Doom 3 Expansion will have Bullet Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
Should name it "helluva time" coz they'll have one tryin to explain it to it's fanbase.
As though they need to
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 11:51 PM   #67
Spyke
Foxie

Send a message via AIM to Spyke Send a message via MSN to Spyke Send a message via Yahoo to Spyke

I would love to see a RTCW Sequel build on the doom3 engine myself. id already scrapped the RTCW Expansion, it would be great to see a new RTCW Sequel.
12GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 8-8-8-24-1T DDR3-1600 | Onkyo TX SR-707 | 70" Sharp Aquos LCD | KEF Audio 5.1 C3/C6LCR/C7
Workstation:
Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4GHz | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | GTX 480 @ 800Mhz | Koolance VID-NX480 | Lian-Li V1200B | Corsair HX1000
EK NB ASUS HP | Watercool HeatKiller 3.0 | Feser Extreme X-360 | 2x160GB Intel X25-M SSD RAID0 | 4x2TB WD20EARS RAID10
12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-24-1T DDR3-1600 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Pioneer DVR-212D | Gentoo Linux
Dell 3008WFP | JohnBlue JB3 | CityPulse DA2.03e II DAC | KingRex T20U w/ Modded Auricaps & PSU | Glow Audio Sub One
Server:
Quad Socket Opteron 8356 (16 cores) @ 2.3GHz | Supermicro H8QMi-2 | Supermicro 2U Chassis | Redundant 1200W PSU
32GB 2GBx16 DDR2-667 ECC | 4x 300GB Cheetah SAS RAID10 | Adaptec 5805 512MB w/BBU | Colocated | Gentoo Linux
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 12:18 AM   #68
Kev1

I thought COD2 was using the Doom3 engine?
Kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-04, 01:12 AM   #69
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1
I thought COD2 was using the Doom3 engine?
I didn't even know COD2 had been announced?
Old 12-18-04, 01:37 AM   #70
AngelGraves13

Quote:
I play HL2 at 1600X1200 and I don't get any of those problems. Runs like a charm now actually since they fixed the stuttering.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 01:01 PM   #71
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life
I play HL2 at 1600X1200 and I don't get any of those problems. Runs like a charm now actually since they fixed the stuttering.
Turn on fraps [and AA/AF] and have a run through the canal water map. Then try to give a reasonable explanation as to why your frames will jump from 200 to 20 when looking at a simple water shader [around 14 instructions]. Also, exit the game, time how long it takes to get out of memory. Do the same thing with D3.

Also how long do you play in one sitting? Typically most of these problems didn't start occuring until my 4-5th hour of gaming [beat the game in 3 sittings]. The graphical corruption only occurs the second time I'm playing the game without rebooting my system. If you have a gig of ram you probabley won't notice the memory leaks unless you open up taskmanager and check it from there. The only time they affected me was on exit, taking 30+ seconds to exit the game. Considering the same thing happens in Bloodlines, it's just plain annoying. Now when I hear a game is running on Source I think of it as a negative. Hopefully CoD2 will be running on the D3 engine [probabley considering Source will be ancient by 2005].
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 05:35 PM   #72
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Turn on fraps [and AA/AF] and have a run through the canal water map. Then try to give a reasonable explanation as to why your frames will jump from 200 to 20 when looking at a simple water shader [around 14 instructions]. Also, exit the game, time how long it takes to get out of memory. Do the same thing with D3.

Also how long do you play in one sitting? Typically most of these problems didn't start occuring until my 4-5th hour of gaming [beat the game in 3 sittings]. The graphical corruption only occurs the second time I'm playing the game without rebooting my system. If you have a gig of ram you probabley won't notice the memory leaks unless you open up taskmanager and check it from there. The only time they affected me was on exit, taking 30+ seconds to exit the game. Considering the same thing happens in Bloodlines, it's just plain annoying. Now when I hear a game is running on Source I think of it as a negative. Hopefully CoD2 will be running on the D3 engine [probabley considering Source will be ancient by 2005].
Damn, I don't have time to play for 4 to 5 hours. My arse will get sore and I'll need to eat, go to the men's room, and so on. I play until I beat one level. A level a play seems fair. I do the same with books...a chapter a read.

EDIT: SAT 06:55 PM

Half-Life² does not run slowly during the Water Hazard levels anymore.
Also, both Doom³ and Half-Life² quit at command, and they don't keep eating up memory. Then again I have 4Gbs of memory, so you're asking the wrong guy. I don't think I could run out of memory, at least not for another year?

Last edited by AngelGraves13; 12-18-04 at 09:00 PM.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote