Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-21-04, 08:33 AM   #109
killahsin

Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

it is not impossible to solo to that level, you can infact solo all the way to cap via questing if you wish.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 09:08 AM   #110
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Lightbulb Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

You can solo in EQ2 also...I've soloed about 15 of my 32 levels, ranging from lvl 12 to lvl 30, it's not hard at all. Xp is decent and it's safe, no having to do Mission Impossible-style shard recoveries in Runnyeye heh. EQ2 wil also be introducing a lot more solo content in today's patch.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 09:12 AM   #111
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
What Main Quest? *Confused* the entire games a giant quest
Bah you know what I meant
Old 12-21-04, 09:37 AM   #112
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09

You obviously know very little about the game or are being intentionally dishonest. Absolutely nothing you said is representative of the game in any way. Either you haven't played the game at all and are making it all up, or you have played the game and are so blatantly absent-minded that you failed to understand even the most basic requisites of gameplay. No matter which it is, you are not at all in any position to be commenting on the game. This is not "fanboy-ism" on my part - what you said is completely ridiculous. It's not at all different from saying this:

Well, considering I have the games, this is a open forum, the thread title is" World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2", played both of the games, have some time invested in both games, I'm quit in titled to give my comments on both of these games, reguardless if it hurts your little feelings.

The problem is you're a complete fanboy who hasn't played both and has no opinionated comparison on both games. I't ok, your stock in Blizzard isn't going to drop because I gave my .02$ on an open forum. Stick to your biased prefessional site reviews, that have a night of playing justifying their scores and you'll feel better.

If it will make you feel any better and stop the temper tantrum. Depending on if EQ2s huge patch release this week(supposly) doesn't fix performance issues I'm going to stick with wow until those fixes are fixed. Tissue?
Old 12-21-04, 11:15 AM   #113
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Well, considering I have the games, this is a open forum, the thread title is" World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2", played both of the games, have some time invested in both games, I'm quit in titled to give my comments on both of these games, reguardless if it hurts your little feelings.
Wow, what a stupid response. My feelings on the matter have nothing to do with it - your comments were off base and indicative of the fact that you don't have a clue how to play the game, much less any authority to talk about it. Apparently you missed the point, but that doesn't surprise me.
Quote:
The problem is you're a complete fanboy who hasn't played both and has no opinionated comparison on both games. I't ok, your stock in Blizzard isn't going to drop because I gave my .02$ on an open forum. Stick to your biased prefessional site reviews, that have a night of playing justifying their scores and you'll feel better.
No, I played both games and I like the Blizzard one better. I stated my reasons why already, I don't feel the need to repeat myself. It's not at all "fanboyish" of me to point out gigantic flaws in your post, because you were misrepresenting the game. For example, if I were to say, "Everquest 2 is a First-Person Shooter with Platform Elements", I would be misrepresenting Everquest 2. Now, if I were to say, "When I play Everquest 2 it looks like someone who ate a lot of spinach took a dump on my screen", or "The character models in Everquest 2 look like they were created by an autistic 5-year old", I would be stating my opinion of the game which of course is valid. If you were to say, "I don't like the cartoony graphics of WoW," or "I don't like playing games that are good, so I don't like WoW" it would be fine. But what you posted was just plain retarded, and I felt that I should point that out for those who have not played the game yet.
Quote:
If it will make you feel any better and stop the temper tantrum. Depending on if EQ2s huge patch release this week(supposly) doesn't fix performance issues I'm going to stick with wow until those fixes are fixed. Tissue?
The only thing I have to cry about is the slight possibility that I'll have to interact with you in the game someday. I'd prefer if you didn't crap up the WoW servers, there's enough stupid noobs running around saying "WH4T D00 1 D00 W1TH TH1S SW0RD!!11!! OMGZ LOLZ KTHXBYE". But then again you probably haven't figured out how to use the chat function yet so I suppose I'm good in that regard. Go to hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killashin
it is not impossible to solo to that level, you can infact solo all the way to cap via questing if you wish.
And I didn't say that I was. I said it was impossible to solo an INSTANCED DUNGEON.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 11:52 AM   #114
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

The above response proves my point on the mentality of maturity content that I've witnessed playing wow. Thanks for proving my point on that fact.
Old 12-21-04, 11:57 AM   #115
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
The above response proves my point on the mentality of maturity content that I've witnessed playing wow. Thanks for proving my point on that fact.
Yes, because my conduct on an unrelated message board is representative of the entire World of Warcraft community.

How disappointing. I was hoping you could come up with some counter-points or attempt to defend your previous statements in some way. Instead you deflect and walk away with your tail between your legs.

Ironic that the guy calling me immature responds with inflammatory remarks and sarcastic smileys. If you don't like it when someone calls you on your bull****, don't post misleading or false information about something. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's always best to keep your mouth shut!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 12-21-04, 12:01 PM   #116
|MaguS|

Quote:
And I didn't say that I was. I said it was impossible to solo an INSTANCED DUNGEON.
All zones can be instanced in EQ2, it just doesn't create the new instance untill the original or previous version is at max load, only common ones right now are the newbie and teen combat area's. I can solo in Wailing Caves perfectly fine. If you ment instanced zone dedicated for a quest then duh since probably that quest was designed to require a group to accomplish it.

Soloing is ok but not everything in the game (heck I don't believe even 50% of it) should be accesible by it. MMORPG's are mainly about community, soloing is an option but saddly many people have made it a way of life and demand for the entire game to give that option even during times when it shouldn't be possible (aka soloing Epic or Boss mobs).

I personally play EQ and EQ2 for the community, I love grouping and talking to people. It makes the time in the game pass by so much quicker. It just makes the game alot more enjoyable for me.

Old 12-21-04, 12:04 PM   #117
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtmagus
All zones can be instanced in EQ2,
Oh good lord in heaven.

IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT, it is impossible to solo INSTANCED DUNGEONS.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 12-21-04, 12:04 PM   #118
|MaguS|

Whoops my bad, lol.

Guess thats what I get for skimming the thread instead of actually reading it.
Old 12-21-04, 12:05 PM   #119
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

No problem! Most people don't even bother admitting that they weren't really reading the thread. Hats off to you!

Didn't mean to snap at you, I just get exasperated talking to morons like the one above.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 12-21-04, 12:06 PM   #120
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Ironic that the guy calling me immature responds with inflammatory remarks and sarcastic smileys. If you don't like it when someone calls you on your bull****, don't post misleading or false information about something. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's always best to keep your mouth shut!

lol, keep digging, I've yet to read your comparison on the 2 except for the art of the 2 games. Which is personal preference anyways and can be judge blindly off pictures. So, lets hear it, link your eq2 character while you're at it, im curious how far you got and who you used. It'll be on the data base even if it's been cancelled. Stays there for a few months.

Added rubbish:
Quote:
Yes, because my conduct on an unrelated message board is representative of the entire World of Warcraft community.

How disappointing. I was hoping you could come up with some counter-points or attempt to defend your previous statements in some way. Instead you deflect and walk away with your tail between your legs.
Yes, for whatever reason you do. On the servers I play on and in comparing the two games the overall maturity levels, eq2 seems to pull the older, more mature crowd. I have yet to witness sale spam, large amounts of off bases chit chat, repeated lfg spam, players acting like idiots, etc in eq2, . I can't say the same about wow. It's just one aspect, deal with it.

Whats there to counter? You've yet to expand on your views of Eq2. I've gave my negative opinions on both games. Funny how you accept one but can't choke down the other. Neither game is perfect dispite what you may think.

Last edited by Tyr-Sog; 12-21-04 at 12:17 PM.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote