Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-21-04, 12:07 PM   #121
|MaguS|

Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

No need for name calling, people have there own opinion. Some are dead set on it no matter how much you try to convince them otherwise. I have learned not to argue with Blizzard fans since they all for some reason think everything they release is instant gold...

I personally have not enjoyed a Blizzard title since WarCraft 2.
Old 12-21-04, 12:15 PM   #122
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
lol, keep digging, I've yet to read your comparison on the 2 except for the art of the 2 games.
There you go. This is how we "discuss" things.

Anyway, my opinion of the art is really my only argument against EQ2 as I didn't play it long enough to get a good feel for the game. I'm certainly not paying $30 a month to decide which one I like best, however, and I only have enough time to play one MMORPG anyway, so I went with World of Warcraft.

Quote:
Which is personal preference anyways
Which I very specifically said, if you'll actually read my post.

Quote:
So, lets hear it, link your eq2 character while you're at it,
No can do, it was a Beta character. So it's not in the database. As I said before, I didn't like EQ2 at all from playing it for a total of -> 45 minutes <- so I can't really comment on the finer points of the game. I'm not about to spend hours on something that doesn't even interest me in in the first. But since I know so little about EQ2 aside from first impressions, I have nothing more to say about it.

Once again you are missing the point. I wasn't attacking you for not liking WoW or for liking EQ2. The post I responded to was the one in which you made quite a few ridiculous comments about WoW (like how no one ever groups - one of the most ridiculous ones). The only conclusion I could draw is that you have not played the game enough to really understand how it works. That's fine, but you were talking out your ass about it, which was misleading and false.

For your information, it is extremely easy to find a group and meet players who are willing to help you with quests. It's never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get a 5-person group together for ANY task. You have obviously not participated in any PvP raids, which are an absolute blast. You criticized the Herbalism skill which is specifically designed to be used with the Alchemy profession (which is clearly stated in the manual). There were a few more things you said, but you get the picture. I get very aggravated when people make comments out of ignorance and try to pass themselves off as legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtmagus
I have learned not to argue with Blizzard fans since they all for some reason think everything they release is instant gold...

I personally have not enjoyed a Blizzard title since WarCraft 2.
Nothing wrong with that. Read through the thread and tell me where I criticized him for not liking World of Warcraft.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 12:18 PM   #123
|MaguS|

The comment you quoted was not directed at you but more of a generalization that is the Blizzard Community, Even if you are a fan.
Old 12-21-04, 12:30 PM   #124
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09

Once again you are missing the point. I wasn't attacking you for not liking WoW or for liking EQ2. The post I responded to was the one in which you made quite a few ridiculous comments about WoW (like how no one ever groups - one of the most ridiculous ones). The only conclusion I could draw is that you have not played the game enough to really understand how it works. That's fine, but you were talking out your ass about it, which was misleading and false.

For your information, it is extremely easy to find a group and meet players who are willing to help you with quests. It's never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get a 5-person group together for ANY task. You have obviously not participated in any PvP raids, which are an absolute blast. You criticized the Herbalism skill which is specifically designed to be used with the Alchemy profession (which is clearly stated in the manual). There were a few more things you said, but you get the picture. I get very aggravated when people make comments out of ignorance and try to pass themselves off as legitimate.

Where have I said I disliked WOW. At first I was turned off by it, as I prgressed I found myself liking it dispite the negatives(mind you with both games is distracting) I pointed out. Like I said, I've been finding myself playing wow over eq2 the last week because it's easier to jump in to the game after a late night at work and just craft, gain exp by soloing or just finishing a quest. It's also in comparison to eq2 a very polished, finished game. It plays flawless(although I can't sign in now after this new patch). I'm waiting to make my final opinion on which one to play after SOE releases thier new patch(which was suppose to be today, wasn't).

I don;t play on a PVP server so I have no comment on that aspect of the game. Have been trying to just get a feel for the game without that distraction for now(although dealing with annoying duals when trying to quest). As far as the herbalism issue, it wasn't the trade I was actually putting the most effort in. I donated mos of my time to tailoring(which is making me some nice coin). You're right, I didn't read the manual right off the bat but do when in countering a issue. I did however after writing that first response with herbalism read up on it and inbtween that on your frist post to my post figured out it goes hand in hand with Alchemy. I'm going to unlearn that trade and go to skinning.
Old 12-21-04, 12:55 PM   #125
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Where have I said I disliked WOW.
You didn't. Hence, I am NOT attacking you for it, since you never said you didn't like it. You don't have to justify why you like/dislike the game to me. For all I care you could hate the game because of the weak avatar customization.

Quote:
I don;t play on a PVP server so I have no comment on that aspect of the game.
Good point, I do play on a PvP server and I PvP a lot, so I tend to forget that a lot of people play on the Normal servers.
Quote:
As far as the herbalism issue, it wasn't the trade I was actually putting the most effort in. I donated mos of my time to tailoring(which is making me some nice coin). You're right, I didn't read the manual right off the bat but do when in countering a issue. I did however after writing that first response with herbalism read up on it and inbtween that on your frist post to my post figured out it goes hand in hand with Alchemy. I'm going to unlearn that trade and go to skinning.
Again, fair enough. I was just mad about seeing someone without a whole lot of experience with the game making *ignorant* (re: not stupid) comments about some of the finer points of the game. If you want to find a group, it's pretty easy to get some people together - just use the /1 channel and say something like "LFG [whatever quest]" and you'll find that a lot of people (if a lot of people are in that area) will respond. Grouping, while *technically* not necessary to level, is extremely helpful, fun, and rewarding. For example, the Gnomeregan instance is filled with level 28-33 Elite mobs. There is no way that any solo character could successfully clear the instance. You'd die before you got past the first group. Gnomeregan contains a load of quests and rare item drops that make it extremely worth getting a group together to explore, however, so it is very desirable to get a group together and clear it out. But at level 19 you wouldn't have any exposure to the instanced dungeons (except maybe the Deadmines), hence my getting mad. Like I said, it's all well and good if you just plain don't like the game, but don't say stuff like "grouping isn't important".

Anyway, I should have been more calm in bringing it up in the first place, so I apologize for my rudeness.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 04:51 PM   #126
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I have learned not to argue with Blizzard fans since they all for some reason think everything they release is instant gold...
I hold such a high opinion of Blizzard because they really haven't released one bad game.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 05:11 PM   #127
ChrisRay

IMO if you want the best quality/people players and are actually interested in the enviroment. Play on a RP preferred server. Both Sony/Blizzard have them. Been playing on a RP preferred server for WoW and I am very very impressed with the quality of people.

People. Please settle down in this thread. Just because you dont agree. Theres no reason for hostility. I love both games. Though leaning towards WoW because thats where my friends are headed.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 06:49 PM   #128
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I just played and cancelled EQ2. After playing wow you realize what a finished game is, EQ2 isn't. Not to mention todays patch and the little chrismas theme bonus in wow. You realize that the devs are in to the game just as much as their customers. I have 3 months(well 4 including free month) paid and I'll see where the game will go. See where SOE goes also in support.

Chrisray, I see the purple RolePlaying people running around eq2 all the time, whats that about? Why does it differ, how does it?

Old 12-21-04, 06:55 PM   #129
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I'm getting WOW because a load of my friends are getting it, I love that kind of gameplay and I won't have to spend 27 hours a day trying to level my char.
Old 12-21-04, 07:12 PM   #130
|MaguS|

Go play Horizons...
Old 12-21-04, 07:20 PM   #131
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Well WOW is bugged for me as it is hundreds of people right now. Blizzard is offering zero support on the issue right now because they are too worried adding snowballs and Xmas lights to the realms. If you buy WoW there is a possibilty it

-wont install -it took people actually having to find the open beta to get the game, because their installer wont work for them off the included CDs. This happened to me and it is EXTREMELY annoying. I did take the game back and the second set didnt work either.

-constant 131-132 errors -when WoW gets any type of tiny error the game crashes to desktop. I get regular crashes about every 5-10 minutes.

The game runs fine for most people, but if you arent one of them expect NO help from Blizzard on the matter, simply because they already have your money.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 08:21 PM   #132
ChrisRay

Quote:
I just played and cancelled EQ2. After playing wow you realize what a finished game is, EQ2 isn't. Not to mention todays patch and the little chrismas theme bonus in wow. You realize that the devs are in to the game just as much as their customers. I have 3 months(well 4 including free month) paid and I'll see where the game will go. See where SOE goes also in support.

Chrisray, I see the purple RolePlaying people running around eq2 all the time, whats that about? Why does it differ, how does it?

It doesnt mean anything really. supposively a flag that denotes RP. But it really makes nary a difference..
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote