Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-04, 04:11 PM   #145
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

[sarcasm]Thanks for ruining the game for me! I haven't finished Zelda WW yet, and now i know it sucks before i do finish it! Bastard...[/sarcasm]

lol j/k. although i still haven't finished it yet.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 08:40 PM   #146
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Just curious, how long did you play the game? Unless you're one of those masochistic MMORPG players who like 10-hour xp grinds to gain a single level, WoW isn't just a walk in the park once you get past the noob zones.

"True fantasy" best describes my view of World of Warcraft through its creative art design and excellent, extremely deep back story. There are several plot threads within the game itself as well which unfold over time, and players take an integral role in them which, to me, is very immersive. I don't know much about the story behind Everquest 2 so I can't really comment, but as far as art direction goes I find it hard to believe that anyone would prefer EQ2 over WoW.

It sounds to me like you had your mind made up before you ever played the game, just like everyone who refused to play Zelda: WW because of the cel-shaded graphics. Not that WW didn't suck, it did, but not because of the graphics.

I played the game at the beginning of closed beta for about a month maybe alittle more. WoW has the warcraft story and in that its all great but I find EQ2's background alot richer. I played EQ1 for 4+ years and being able to make the connection is awsome, not only that like WoW, there is so much background in EQ2 some people just cant grasp it. Just sit there and talk to the Iksar in thier district, they will go on and on about thier past and how much they hate other races. Heck some races wont even speak to me because of the race I am... they just make insults.
Old 12-23-04, 09:16 PM   #147
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Yeah, I'm officially back to eq2(I feel like J.Kerry flip-flopping lol). Wow just isn't doing it for me.
Old 12-24-04, 05:33 AM   #148
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Yeah, I'm officially back to eq2(I feel like J.Kerry flip-flopping lol). Wow just isn't doing it for me.
WoW just happens to be where my friends have moved. So I am sticking it out there. Both are enjoyable games though. Seems I am enjoying WoW slightly more though.

Guess I just like the warcraft universe?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 07:55 AM   #149
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
WoW just happens to be where my friends have moved. So I am sticking it out there. Both are enjoyable games though. Seems I am enjoying WoW slightly more though.

Guess I just like the warcraft universe?
Yes they are both enjoyable. Wish I had time for both but being the nature of these games and the time dedication to play them, that's not going to happen.
Old 12-24-04, 08:53 AM   #150
kanon14

I buy both games on the first day of their release. I have 2 characters in EQ2 and both are in early 20 lvls and one chatacter in WoW also at ealry 20 lvl. Obviously I've spent more time in EQ2 than WoW but that's because EQ2 released earlier than WoW. actaully i've spent about the same amount of time playing both after the release of WoW, and that was done purposely because I want to get a hold of both games and see which one really attracts me. After a month of play time I must say EQ2 is the game for me.

Someone says the graphics of a game is not important because we'll see pass that very soon and gameplay is the most important thing. I sorta agree with that. Becasue gameplay is what really we are playing, not grapgics. However, if I don't like the graphics, it's very hard for me to enjoy the gameplay. ANd I want to point out one important point: if a game has good graphics, but bad gameplay, would you still play it? I know I wouldn't. EQ2 has good graphics (and remember, good artwork is purely subjective) AND good gameplay. I admit there is some flaw in it atm but so does WoW and not to forget the game is only in its seconf month.

So please stop saying that EQ2 has only good graphics but no gameplay (or even bad graphics and bad gameplay) because ask anyone you want to and see if they'll play a game with bad gameplay or/and bad graphics; I'm sure the answer is NO. If you think it's bad, then that's fine it's your opinion.
kanon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 08:54 AM   #151
kanon14

btw i'll be cancelling my WoW account once my 2nd month is due
kanon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 08:57 AM   #152
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I think in the end it boils down to how much time you have, I'm simply not a fan of a game that requires hours and hours to get anything done at all. I just get bored and bugger off and do something else.

Old 12-24-04, 09:36 AM   #153
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I think in the end it boils down to how much time you have, I'm simply not a fan of a game that requires hours and hours to get anything done at all. I just get bored and bugger off and do something else.
Well both games cater to low play time gamers. You can accomplish alot in smalll amount of playing in both games, sure you wont get the levels as fast in EQ2 as in WoW but you can get the gear and money at a fast EQ2 pace (The pace in which you get better gear in each game is different, what can be considered fast in EQ2 could be slow in WoW).
Old 12-24-04, 03:10 PM   #154
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk

Then you'll like neither game.
Old 12-25-04, 02:52 AM   #155
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon14
I buy both games on the first day of their release. I have 2 characters in EQ2 and both are in early 20 lvls and one chatacter in WoW also at ealry 20 lvl. Obviously I've spent more time in EQ2 than WoW but that's because EQ2 released earlier than WoW. actaully i've spent about the same amount of time playing both after the release of WoW, and that was done purposely because I want to get a hold of both games and see which one really attracts me. After a month of play time I must say EQ2 is the game for me.

Someone says the graphics of a game is not important because we'll see pass that very soon and gameplay is the most important thing. I sorta agree with that. Becasue gameplay is what really we are playing, not grapgics. However, if I don't like the graphics, it's very hard for me to enjoy the gameplay. ANd I want to point out one important point: if a game has good graphics, but bad gameplay, would you still play it? I know I wouldn't. EQ2 has good graphics (and remember, good artwork is purely subjective) AND good gameplay. I admit there is some flaw in it atm but so does WoW and not to forget the game is only in its seconf month.

So please stop saying that EQ2 has only good graphics but no gameplay (or even bad graphics and bad gameplay) because ask anyone you want to and see if they'll play a game with bad gameplay or/and bad graphics; I'm sure the answer is NO. If you think it's bad, then that's fine it's your opinion.

Call me crazy but I agree and I like both games. I recently bought both games to see which one I would like and I am having a hard time deciding on which one to keep and play for the long haul. EQ2 takes longer to learn at first but once you do get the hang of it you discover how deep of a game it is.

Wow on the other hand is easy to get into and soloing is not as big of an issue as in EQ2. I also like that there is no penalty for death though I wouldn't mind if they had a minor one either since I am used to EQ2's death penalty aka.....death tax. In the end it's going to be hard for me to decide on which one to keep and investime with because both games have good game mechanics abliet one having a good and simpile gameplay system and and the other having a more complex but just as good gameplay system.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-04, 03:30 AM   #156
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Yes they are both enjoyable. Wish I had time for both but being the nature of these games and the time dedication to play them, that's not going to happen.

Blah you ship jumper. Well being a rogue in WoW is very very enjoyable. Much more so than I enjoyed EQ 2 with. Just alot of the rogue abilities. Wow. Just wow
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote