Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-04, 01:30 PM   #37
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

One half of people will like EQ2 other half will like WoW , why all this fighting who is better they both two different games and great in its own way.

One is world of "Warcraft" made from cool game WarCraft as we all know Orcs vs Humans other is Story of Norrath EQ series, they look as they suppose to they can't look different , even though they both MMO they should not be compared , magazine reviewers are wrong and very bias.
Old 12-11-04, 04:38 PM   #38
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I dunno man, I got a few hours in(lvl 8) now with WOW and it's just not sucking me in. These are my first 2 MMOs though so I really don;t have nothing to campare them against. Just the 2 and IMO wow pales in comparison to EQ2 in every which way. I guess they just cater to 2 completly different crowds.
Can you please give me a short (or long if you like ) comparison between the two, and in what ways WoW pales in every which way to EQ2? I'm genuinely interested .

Cheers
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-04, 09:38 PM   #39
gravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
Few pics of Qeynos area , not max detail , actual settings i play at [/url]
IMO, EQ2 doesn't look that nice. The characters look like they were cut out of a picture and pasted onto a nice painting. It just doesn't look right.
Old 12-13-04, 11:35 PM   #40
-=DVS=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
IMO, EQ2 doesn't look that nice. The characters look like they were cut out of a picture and pasted onto a nice painting. It just doesn't look right.
Care to show us what looks right ? this is a game like every other game not a movie

Could any fan of WoW show anything better ? becouse these don't look impressive at all.

Last edited by -=DVS=-; 12-13-04 at 11:54 PM.
-=DVS=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 08:28 AM   #41
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
Can you please give me a short (or long if you like ) comparison between the two, and in what ways WoW pales in every which way to EQ2? I'm genuinely interested .

Cheers
Bare with me if this is a complete mess but been busy with work and I only have a few to answer you.

With wow I just feel like I'm playing a cartoonie platformer. From the artstyle to the physics of the game. There's a fraction of the selection of classes. No diversity in classes, everyone looks the same throughout your world. You go in to a armor shop, 3 merchants working and they all look like identical triplets which look exactly like me. Armor and outfits are bland. Dated technical graphics(hense the reason it runs so smooth). The animation is horrible IMO. The way the characters walk, jump, battle is just to cheesy. Just not my style. IMO the ticket to the atmoshere of this game is the music. Very well done.

EQ2 is detail, it's like the simulator of MMOs. From the minute you start the game you can see the depth of it. Character classes are many to choose from and character creation is the deepest of any game. You'll be hard pressed to find another player looking exactly like you or a npc for that matter. Some(99% those who haven't played) say eq2 has no atmosphere, I'd have to disagree. All be it not super colorful(only thing wow got going for it), it's is extremly rich with detail and very alive(even at medium settings which i play). Leaves falling from trees, schools of fish, cats chasing mice in the cities, dogs chasing cats, heards of deers, mobs running through towns and npc fighting them off, flocks of butterflies, flora that interacts with you be moving out of the way when you run through it, moving skys and plenty more. Then on top of the livelyness it's super detailed. Beautiful textures that bring the game alive. Stone that creates the castles look like real stone, bark on the trees is beautfully done, ever changing stone pathways, beautful in game lighting, armour that look like armor. Spell effects are amazing and absoluty gorgous when casted, characters have facial expressions that change with mood and battleing, Music and sounds that complemnet the mood well etc, etc, etc, . Then there's the depth argument, again playing both eq2 when this department, there's just so much more with the amount of abilities of skills, different crafting systems and the way you go about crafting, grouping stragities, etc. You're not going to get the appreciation out of a picture you saw on the net, not only do the picture of eq loose tremendous amount of iq, you have to see the game in motion to really appreciate it.

btw, both of these games are my first 2 MMOs so I'm not a fanboy of either. I wanted to play both early on knowing that with this type of game you may end up playing it for years. So I wanted to make sure I played the right one before getting to involved and wishing I had played the other.

I'll be cancelling wow once my free month is up in the game. I just find myself enjoying eq2 much, much more.
Old 12-14-04, 09:56 AM   #42
|MaguS|

Here are some of my EQ2 Shots... Very High Settings... EQ2 probably has one of the biggest zones I have ever seen, The commonland is HUGE. Im talking about it can fit 100 people easily and yet you can be there for an hour without seeing anyone else...

Last edited by |MaguS|; 07-15-11 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 10:42 AM   #43
lmetza

Send a message via AIM to lmetza

anyone here play on the Toxxulia server.
Send me a tell to one of my characters: Scarumanga and Acidia

I followed a IGN performance guide and its got my useing AF 4x in eq2 and somehow i gained 4-5fps, seriously.
I Followed the mid-range guide. Its located here if u wanna check it out for yourself: http://eq2vault.ign.com/View.php?vie...ct_id=9&id=208

Also how much do the 66.81 drivers improve eq2? I have them downloaded but im unsure as to whether i should try them out or not.
lmetza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 11:13 AM   #44
Tasan

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-04, 12:39 PM   #45
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Settings are not even halfway. Don;t know how to thumbnail, sorry.

Old 12-14-04, 01:17 PM   #46
lmetza

Send a message via AIM to lmetza

Has anyone given the Omega drivers a go with this game useing the performance driver?
lmetza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 03:19 PM   #47
-=DVS=-

Thanks for WoW better pics , what i found on Official website and some magazine reviews suck , they can't take quality in game pics , WoW looks just like Warcraft same artstyle pretty cool , good action game im sure.

Aye EQ2 is build for the future thats why you can't have group battles with those high details everything is bumbmaped with shadows and dynamic lights. Texture realy high res ect. Once you doing major raids no more good graphics system can't handle it .

Anyway to each its own. Neither game is bad IMHO.
Old 12-14-04, 04:27 PM   #48
|MaguS|

I play just fine at Very High settings in raids and groups...