Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-02, 04:48 PM   #13
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by pelly
I am here...sitting on the sidelines chuckling to myself...

How ridiculous this whole thing truly is...

Well I find it interesting that the thread starting this only got moved here well after it had started and you had posted.

I also find it interesting that you basicaly flamed me as a "troll," but have refused to answer any of my substantive queries about it since - in fact all you've seemed to do so far is dodge the issues:

- Are you allowed to flame posters like you did to me? If so, are others allowed to flame you back? What is the official policy regarding this sort of thing?

- Why haven't you updated the original "news" item which now apparently - at the very least - has sufficient counter-speculation showing your news item to be false?

Pelly, do you think you can answer these questions? I believe they're fair ones, in light of your recent conduct....
Old 11-19-02, 05:03 PM   #14
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

If you would have read his post just one thread down from this one, all your questions would be answered. To spare you the effort :

Joe Cool...you won't see an update for a number of reasons....

1) It is old news...it was speculation....labeled as speculation....and ( in everyones case but your own )...treated as speculation.

2) I have been busy covering other topics, such as the introduction of the GeForce FX with true DDR-II implementation ( designed to use it from the start...aka: actually designd around longer burst lengths )

3) You've wasted enough of my time...

Someone, please cart this Dead Horse away...the smell is getting to me...
Old 11-19-02, 07:03 PM   #15
pelly

Unfortunately, I have been foolish enough to waste a great deal of my time trying to "reach" that guy...I think forcing a supermodel to eat a pound of Spam would be an easier task...

Regardless, I'll bring you guys the time of your life...We can and will get this done...and once we do, it'll be an absolute blast!

I'll keep you posted once things get back on track...thanks for understanding guys!

Old 11-19-02, 07:46 PM   #16
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by jbirney
Yes they did. See B3D or Rage3D for a reply from ATI.
a post in a forum is an official response?

Quote:
If pelly's willing to post such stuff on the main news page, and then criticize ATI for it, then a denial from an actual ATI engineer should at least get the same coverage. But there's been no acknowledgement of this at all.

Fair is fair, after all....
one came from a website and the other a forum

Old 11-20-02, 12:03 AM   #17
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

joe cool..how would you feel if someone did something similar at rage3d forums. they would get flamed to death. please have the same courtesy.

11118 3DMarks
Old 11-20-02, 12:27 AM   #18
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

It's nothing new here. I'm getting used to things getting moved with no traces on this forum. Everything dealing with this subject has been moved where nobody would look and the "Moved To" headers have been deleted to make it even harder to find. Seems to be a common practice here. I'm not trying to be argumentative but pushing things under the rug is just low. If you can't take criticism about your posts then don't post them. I certaintly have to take everything thrown at me.
Old 11-20-02, 12:33 AM   #19
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

no..its like placing a topic about videogames in the linux forum. this is website feedback and it belongs there not nvidia graphics or whereever it was.

11118 3DMarks
Old 11-20-02, 01:20 AM   #20
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Oh, come on. I agree, it should be moved to this forum but deleting all the links to it guarantees over 99% of the forum members will never see it. And with the guarantee that the news will not be updated (because it's old...my head hurts...people can find the other side out on their own) with the other side of the story means everyone goes away thinking "ATI=bad! How dare they cheat." This is a classic practice called propaganda.

Old 11-20-02, 05:24 AM   #21
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by pelly
Unfortunately, I have been foolish enough to waste a great deal of my time trying to "reach" that guy...I think forcing a supermodel to eat a pound of Spam would be an easier task...

Regardless, I'll bring you guys the time of your life...We can and will get this done...and once we do, it'll be an absolute blast!

I'll keep you posted once things get back on track...thanks for understanding guys!

See? He avoided my points yet again. Nothing about his obligation to update his news post. Nothing about the official policy about flaming. All he did was throw more abuse my way.

These are very simple and easy to answer questions pelly - are you going to ever update your erroneous news post or not? And what is the official nvnews policy on flaming in the forums?

Are you going to answer these? Is anyone at NvNews going to answer these?

Or do you guys just duck and run when the going gets hot?
Old 11-20-02, 05:33 AM   #22
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
a post in a forum is an official response?
The original news post was itself based on speculation from another place that had an unknown source. That's actually less reliable than the source the update came from.

Quote:
one came from a website and the other a forum
The original news post was itself based on speculation from an unknown source. That's actually less reliable than the source the update came from.

pelly or someone at nvnews has a journalistic and moral obligation to post an update showing this.

After all, if they're willing to post mere speculation that ATI lied about what they demonstrated, and then are criticized for it, then any information countering this from someone who appears to be an engineer at ATI should get at least the same consideration.

Period.
Old 11-20-02, 05:39 AM   #23
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Oh, come on. I agree, it should be moved to this forum but deleting all the links to it guarantees over 99% of the forum members will never see it. And with the guarantee that the news will not be updated (because it's old...my head hurts...people can find the other side out on their own) with the other side of the story means everyone goes away thinking "ATI=bad! How dare they cheat." This is a classic practice called propaganda.
Don't forget too that for quite a while it stayed in the forum I posted it, and nvnews was quite fine to leave it there as long as pelly was having fun hurling abuse my way.

So the timing as well as the handling of it is very suspicious.
Old 11-20-02, 06:46 AM   #24
StealthHawk

give it a rest. the mods aren't up 24/7, maybe they didn't look at the thread until later or something.

you know what? i actually agree with you. there should definitely be an addendum to the post with a link to the engineer's response. however, and this is a big however, you're just taking this way out of context. if you have a problem, why not just email Pelly or Mike and talk to them calmly about it instead of throwing a tantrum in public

Closed Thread