Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-14-04, 01:56 PM   #1
rebus

Default With nvidia driver 6629 Screensaver (DPMS) turns off the monitor even when working

Hello,
For a long time I am experiencing problems with xwindows turning off my monitor even when I am just typing something on a keyboard or moving the mouse.

When using the default "nv" driver from xorg everything is allright, but after installing the nvidia driver it seems that something bad happens with the inactivity monitoring of the xserver. After some while after login (10 minutes), the screen goes blank and it repeats in regular intervals.

Just after the monitor wents poweroff, when I stroke some key or move mouse the monitor powers up again. No great impact, but this is really annoing. Sure I can switch DPMS off, but I preffer to have it running.

I don't think I have ever seen this poweroff when running some GL game (ET, doom).

These problems started when changing from XFree86 to xorg (Fedora Core 2).
Just now I am using Fedora Core 3 (fresh installation) with xorg 6.8.1 and gnome 2.8. But this problems were common also on the FC2.

Now I have Geforce FX 5200, but I used to see this even when using the TNT2. Drivers I use just now 6111 and 6629 (but it also happened for 5336 5341 6106 in Fedora Core 2).

Please anybody knows what needs to be done for the screensaving to work properly? I would like DPMS to switch off the monitor when I am not using keyboard and mouse, but I also want it to let the monitor running when I am typing something.

Thank you

Michal Ambroz
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (3.0 KB, 137 views)
rebus is offline   Reply With Quote