Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-19-02, 06:18 PM   #1
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Send a message via ICQ to ReDeeMeR
Default Splinter Cell joke

Ok wtf link

I clearly remember those retards saying that *with the latest nvidias Geforce 4 Ti4600 you will be able to achieve every eye candy SC will have at high frame rates blah blah* and looky looky Gf4Ti4600 aint the targeted card anymore, woohoo now you have to ghet Geforce3DFX to play theyr shiat @ decent fsp with them stoopid 'soft shadows' and 'thermal vision'

Plus the game is done, but they wont release it, you know why? cause MS payed them up for "exclusive" sticker what a load of bs

PS: Wtf I also saw they said something Xbox being superior to PC and idiotic stuff like that lmfao!

Capitalism @ it's best.
ReDeeMeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-02, 07:35 PM   #2
Smokey
Team Rainbow

wait until the game is out! Most console ports to the pc DO have LESS eye candy because of minimum spec pc system, live with it.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-02, 07:55 PM   #3
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Stfu! From what I know it wasnt intended as console game in a first place, so it's a PC port to console game.

And my point was about the whole ****ty Geforce3DFX story, that it's gonna be the only card that you'll see *all* effects wich were promised to run on Geforce 2-3 Ffs!
Old 11-19-02, 10:26 PM   #4
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Stfu! From what I know it wasnt intended as console game in a first place, so it's a PC port to console game.

And my point was about the whole ****ty Geforce3DFX story, that it's gonna be the only card that you'll see *all* effects wich were promised to run on Geforce 2-3 Ffs!
No STFU

I read the article and it didnt state that all the eyecandy will be only avalible on the GF-FX.

Quote:
Splinter Cell for the PC has been reworked and upgraded. It will, from now on, be a perfect port of the Xbox version with every last advanced graphical feature remaining intact.

Worried that this may be exclusive to GeForce FX purchasers, we asked whether this only applied to some kind of OEM package deal, or whether or not only certain NVIDIA cards would be capable of exploiting the game to its fullest potential. No, we were told. Splinter Cell will be Xbox perfect so long as you have the next-generation video card to handle it, whatever video card that may be (Radeon, GeForce, Parhelia, Xabre even).
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Old 11-20-02, 02:00 PM   #5
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Erm, whoops posted wrong link(t'was late )

There link

But they both suck and yeah they both basicaly tryin to tell that SC wont run "Like it was meant to" on other then Geforce3DFX.

Quote:
“The strengths of the GeForce FX GPU will allow gamers to experience Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell exactly the way the designers intended,” said Jay Cohen, vice president of publishing at Ubi Soft Entertainment. “Gamers will be able to participate in the stealth action by crouching in dynamic, soft shadows and they can use glow effects and thermal vision to carry out their missions undetected.
Ofcourse this is all bull casue screenshiats were taken long before(I think launch of Geforce3?) with thermal vision in it's full glory, but this bs lie marketing just sucks imo.
Old 11-20-02, 06:25 PM   #6
alex.burm

will the sh!tbox (woops, xbox) be upgraded to use the gf fx card? shouldnt be too difficult...
alex.burm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-02, 10:55 PM   #7
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Erm, whoops posted wrong link(t'was late )

There link

But they both suck and yeah they both basicaly tryin to tell that SC wont run "Like it was meant to" on other then Geforce3DFX.

Ofcourse this is all bull casue screenshiats were taken long before(I think launch of Geforce3?) with thermal vision in it's full glory, but this bs lie marketing just sucks imo.
Its just marketing crap as you siad If SplinterCell on the pc didnt have shadows and the likes like the Xbox, its wouldnt be much of a game now would it