Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-02, 08:59 PM   #13
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Here's the thing...there was no discussion at that point any more. Constructive criticism is fine (and welcome), but when everyone starts talking in cricles, bringing up the same points over and over again and the constructive nature goes out the window, it gets tiresome for everyone. Everyone who kept it going is equally at fault here, and there was no indication to myself or the mod who closed the thread that it was going to die. So Matthy shot the horse, so to speak.

Quote:
Look, I'm a mod at a site, and I wouldn't dream of trampling on someone like that.
Call it what you want. You run things the way you see fit, and so do we.
Old 11-20-02, 09:08 PM   #14
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
On a serious note, I think you guys need to seriously consider what the purpose of a feeback forum is. Do you really think it is appropriate for mods to end an argument by closing a thread in feedback? Are members supposed to just post their opinion, let the mods call them a troll, and then go on with life as usual? Most people have just a bit of pride.
it wasn't even an argument anymore, he just said the same thing over and over and over. it's like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going, and going, and going.

repeating yourself 6x or more is rather pointless, no?

Old 11-20-02, 09:17 PM   #15
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku

Call it what you want. You run things the way you see fit, and so do we.

And please continue to do so.

nVnews.net has been my homepage for quite a long time now, and I really appreciate all the effort the posters and mods put into the site on a daily basis. The forums are clean and mature, and the news is stuff I want to read.

Bad press are the things most people hear. The good stuff either doesn't get said or is left behind in the ensuing dust-storm.

The lot of us really do appreciate the time ya'll put into nV news. I wish more praise and congratulatory threads would pop up in the place of all these hate diatribes. Ahh well...at least you know you have one devoted fan
Old 11-20-02, 09:49 PM   #16
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

blah blah blah blah...
I've heard it all before, same story, different person...
I haven't locked or deleted a post in months here, and that one stepped over the line too far, same drivel just repeated over and over, and you want to defend that???

Sad...people need to get their asses off the puter and at least LOOK out the window once every so often...

If you don't like a site, guess what? There's the links bar, delete it...ppl that visit here are not mindless monkies, they can make up their own minds on what to believe, and for someone to DEMAND that nV News put something up on the front page is just LUDICROUS! Like I said, go start your own fanATIc site, and post anything you want, even post lies about nVIDIA, ya know what? I'm not gonna hound you until you change it, ya know why? Cuz I know you are wrong, and I just won't visit anymore...get over it!

I've been super passive lately here, but I can step that up if that's what ppl want, lemme know...
Old 11-20-02, 10:11 PM   #17
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
there was no indication to myself or the mod who closed the thread that it was going to die.
Feedback threads have a limited lifetime? My point was simply that if it wasn't dead, then that's because at least some people were still interested in the topic. So what if they demanded this or that, you didn't have to respond. Let them keep shouting day in day out, that's all I'm saying.
IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.
Old 11-20-02, 10:13 PM   #18
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
If you don't like a site, guess what? There's the links bar, delete it...ppl that visit here are not mindless monkies, they can make up their own minds on what to believe, and for someone to DEMAND that nV News put something up on the front page is just LUDICROUS! Like I said, go start your own fanATIc site, and post anything you want, even post lies about nVIDIA, ya know what? I'm not gonna hound you until you change it, ya know why? Cuz I know you are wrong, and I just won't visit anymore...get over it!
You essentially said that you'll post what you want, biased or not, true or not. As long as that is clear, no one has a problem. When someone posts some news in the guise of being nuetral, and then repeatedly insists in a discussion about that news that they were being neutral, that's where the problem arises.

Sure, you have every right to be biased. Just don't pretend not to be, and people won't get so out of whack about it.
IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.
Old 11-20-02, 10:35 PM   #19
volt

Why don't people just stop visiting enemy forums and stay where they are supposed to? That would definetly keep some of you out of trouble. Rage3D anyone ?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-20-02, 10:49 PM   #20
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Bah, Rage3D has been boring as of late. No new products or speculation.

Old 11-20-02, 10:51 PM   #21
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

JOE COOL vs ALL

11118 3DMarks
Old 11-20-02, 10:53 PM   #22
volt

No really, I think that kind of behaviour comes from ATI fan sites. I don't see our guys go out and do that, nor do I hear people complaining.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-20-02, 10:56 PM   #23
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Well, I don't post news here, so say what you want...just do it in a PM or email, coolness?

And if you want some unbiased news or reviews check out the site in my sig...
Old 11-21-02, 12:23 AM   #24
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Well, I don't post news here, so say what you want...just do it in a PM or email, coolness?

And if you want some unbiased news or reviews check out the site in my sig...
Next up, "Matthyahuw closes thread and gives reason, we demand real explanation!"
Closed Thread