Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-02, 01:01 AM   #25
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
The forums are clean and mature, and the news is stuff I want to read.
for the most part. every so often they seem to fall into chaos, stupid spamming or pointless threads pop up by the tens day by day, or fanboys invade from other sites which shall remain nameless

at least it livens the place up every so often, and boy can it get hilarious. as long as they don't take it too far, but that usually ends up happening.

Old 11-21-02, 01:57 AM   #26
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Actually that's not true. I tried using both. Still, no luck. :/

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku

Always remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. [/b]
Old 11-21-02, 02:32 AM   #27
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Actually that's not true. I tried using both. Still, no luck. :/
You can use a small rubber band if you have good aim. Once I got one with a pencil but the eraser killed it. Rubber band works better... You can also stun ants by hitting their heads with a small stick hard enough without killing them.
Old 11-21-02, 04:41 AM   #28
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

ROTFLMAO @ Bu.
Old 11-21-02, 04:46 AM   #29
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by pelly
When you continue to post the same information...time and time again...regardless of the fact that you've made your point known...that constitutes action of some sort by the mods...

[snip]

...This is the last time I am going to post about this...I suggest we all do the same...
Here's the problem - the NvNews staff has out and out refused to answer several important questions I posed, one related to fairness in giving equal time to correct an erroneous news post of yours, and the other related to flaming.

Out and out refused.

My continuing to probe in order to get an answer to reasonable questions is not "beating a dead horse" - just because you don't *like* the questions and avoid them doesn't make it so.

Furthermore, it's obvious that some others here are also still interested in this matter, so it should be left open. After all, you can't accuse me of being in the wrong forum anymore!

So locking/closing a thread that is on-topic and has no other problems, just because you don't *like* the thread and don't want to deal with anymore is just wrong.

That's just plain censorship. Period.
Old 11-21-02, 05:45 AM   #30
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Sorry to burst your bubble. Have you read the TOS? This is a private forum open to the public as long as the public follow the TOS.

A good example from Gaile @ diabloii.net:

If someone comes into your house they follow YOUR rules. Not their own rules because it's not their house.
Same here at Nvnews. This is Mike's house and the mods are here to keep it in order. If you don't like Mike's rules, then leave his house.

Quote:
That's just plain censorship. Period.
Old 11-21-02, 06:15 AM   #31
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Amen to that Kiler, if you dont like it leave.
Old 11-21-02, 06:18 AM   #32
volt

And why you keep quoting pelly all the time? We are all arguing here though it seems you don't like to confront our arguments. Again you keep beating a dead horse.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]

Old 11-21-02, 06:51 AM   #33
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Volt and his horse beating. :P
Old 11-21-02, 07:32 AM   #34
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
And why you keep quoting pelly all the time? We are all arguing here though it seems you don't like to confront our arguments. Again you keep beating a dead horse.
This is the point where you may as well give it up, Joe Cool. You aren't going to win, and this constant whining isn't helping. No one agrees with you so give it up. You don't like it? Take your bandwidth elsewhere.

Quote:
You can use a small rubber band if you have good aim. Once I got one with a pencil but the eraser killed it. Rubber band works better.
If I have enough space around the insect, I prefer to use my hand to catch it, hold it, open the front door and let it go. If you're quick enough, you'd be surprised how effective that method is.
Old 11-21-02, 07:44 AM   #35
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Do flies that belong to that fly family never return to your home?

Quote:
If I have enough space around the insect, I prefer to use my hand to catch it, hold it, open the front door and let it go. If you're quick enough, you'd be surprised how effective that method is.
Old 11-21-02, 08:19 AM   #36
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
No really, I think that kind of behaviour comes from ATI fan sites. I don't see our guys go out and do that, nor do I hear people complaining.
Really? Yeah... I've never seen this kind of discussion elsewhere.

Newsflash volt: some people don't treat some sites as "enemy" sites. Some people are just interested in 3D hardware, and like to learn as much as they can and keep up with recent developments. Some people call a spade a spade when they see it.

I've made my point, and I think those who need to have seen it have done so. Back to the informative forums I go...
IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.
Closed Thread