Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-02, 07:26 PM   #1
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Angry I can't believe the thread was locked.

Right or wrong Pelly might have been, but if people aren't allowed to express their opinions in the FEEDBACK forum, then this place is a pure joke.

Joe might have taken it to heart too much. ATi might have lied. The moon might actually be made out of cheese. It doesn't matter. Where the hell else are people going to provide FEEDBACK if the mods ignore direct quesitons, call members trolls for expressing their opinions, brush aside any criticism, delete "moved to" redirect threads to remove criticism from public view, and close threads to stop someone from seeking an answer?

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.
Old 11-20-02, 07:27 PM   #2
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

joe blow

11118 3DMarks
Old 11-20-02, 07:47 PM   #3
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

No, it's Jow Dune Buggy.
Old 11-20-02, 08:12 PM   #4
pelly

When you continue to post the same information...time and time again...regardless of the fact that you've made your point known...that constitutes action of some sort by the mods...

I believe everyone's point was made...regardless of how we all feel...this "situation" is old news.....( aka: no amount of complaining is going to make a difference )

Let's pick up the pieces of our broken lives and find a way to move on...

This is the last time I am going to post about this...I suggest we all do the same...
Old 11-20-02, 08:19 PM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Angry

Matthy made the reason perfectly clear:

Quote:
He posted something from a reputible site, that's the end, give it a rest...no one here has any moral obligation to do jack squat! Go start your own site if you feel that way...We'll post to the contrary when ATi has a DDR2 card on the shelves...buh-bye
The "facts" or whatever have been dragged out over and over again. The same information has been posted repeatedly. Live and let die, folks.

If I see anything more from anyone on this, be it from pelly, Joe Cool, anyone the thread will be locked no questions asked. Dig?
Old 11-20-02, 08:25 PM   #6
pastor
cool running mon !

Default Re: I can't believe the thread was locked.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
Right or wrong Pelly might have been, but if people aren't allowed to express their opinions in the FEEDBACK forum, then this place is a pure joke.

Joe might have taken it to heart too much. ATi might have lied. The moon might actually be made out of cheese. It doesn't matter. Where the hell else are people going to provide FEEDBACK if the mods ignore direct quesitons, call members trolls for expressing their opinions, brush aside any criticism, delete "moved to" redirect threads to remove criticism from public view, and close threads to stop someone from seeking an answer?

Bigus Dickus you are truely amazing, you are just the best troll i've seen on the net, always full of arguments, and nice references ... ... oh please Go on !!! since i read your posts i'm not anymore bored during my long 3D renderings sessions.

Please keep on trolling , you are the Lord of entertainement
Old 11-20-02, 08:26 PM   #7
volt

The reason is clear: stop beating a dead horse, it was getting on a rather personal level, and that can be achieved through PM's.

EDIT: As to deleted 'moved to' redirect links, there is no such thing. You can either make a link to the new location or just move the thread without the user knowing where it landed. I do that on purpose to let the poster know that it belonged in other obvious forum. If it's hard to choose which forum it should be moved to, I leave a redirect link. Just because Joe Cool said "no one visits feedback forum" doesn't mean he can post wherever he wants to. Also blaming us mods for deleting his lovely threads isn't nice either since he could have checked other forums, or just PM us and ask nicely.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]

Last edited by volt; 11-20-02 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-20-02, 08:26 PM   #8
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

i disagree bigus dickus is cool and intelligible. joe on the other hand can be a bit of a troll.

11118 3DMarks

Old 11-20-02, 08:28 PM   #9
pastor
cool running mon !

Quote:
Originally posted by thcdru2k
i disagree bigus dickus is cool and intelligible. joe on the other hand can be a bit of a troll.
hell yeah he is cool and intelligible (and i guess intelligent )

there are good and bad trolls ...

big is just the best i know on the net
Old 11-20-02, 08:49 PM   #10
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Just because Joe Cool said "no one visits feedback forum" doesn't mean he can post wherever he wants to. Also blaming us mods for deleting his lovely threads isn't nice either
If there's one way to get on all the mods' bad sides it's cr@p like this. Word to the wise. Don't do it, simple as that.

Always remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Old 11-20-02, 08:49 PM   #11
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

glad to know I am of some entertainment value.

On a serious note, I think you guys need to seriously consider what the purpose of a feeback forum is. Do you really think it is appropriate for mods to end an argument by closing a thread in feedback? Are members supposed to just post their opinion, let the mods call them a troll, and then go on with life as usual? Most people have just a bit of pride.

Personally, I think the particular argument had gone on long enough. I saw no reason to post further in that thread. But closing it really disturbs me. And now there's talk of PM's instead of open discussion? What, the staff/mods can't be criticized on public? Oh... perhaps you meant Pelly should have PM's Joe that he is a troll, instead of calling him that in public? Yes... that must have been it.

Look, I'm a mod at a site, and I wouldn't dream of trampling on someone like that. If a thread is being beaten to death in an off (or on) topic forum, well... it would have to degenerate into pure flaming or spamming before I would close it. But a discussion in a feedback forum? As long as members have opinions, they are free to express them, whether I like them or not, or am tired of them or not. It's not my place to just say "this is old, I'm tired of hearing about it, shut up, end of story" and it really shouldn't be yours either.
IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.
Old 11-20-02, 08:51 PM   #12
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
EDIT: As to deleted 'moved to' redirect links, there is no such thing. You can either make a link to the new location or just move the thread without the user knowing where it landed.
A misunderstanding then. Glad to know that's how it works.
Closed Thread