Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-20-14, 10:57 PM   #1
muelo1000

Default Looking for a good video editing software for Youtube

Hello,

Just like the tittle says I am looking for a really good software to edit Videos for YouTube.

I hear Sony Vega, Adobe Premier

What I am looking for is

-Great effects
-easy to use
-powerful (preferably GPU utilization)

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks
muelo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 09:12 AM   #2
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Looking for a good video editing software for Youtube

Have you tried VirtualDub?

http://virtualdub.org/

Quote:
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

I basically started VirtualDub in college to do some quick capture-and-encoding that I wanted done; from there it's basically grown into a more general utility that can trim and clean up video before exporting to tape or processing with another program. I released it on the web and others found it useful, so I've been tinkering around with its code ever since. If you have the time, please download and enjoy.
MikeC is online now   Reply With Quote