Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-05, 10:13 AM   #61
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Your coming off like a blizzard fan... ontop of your high horse...
No, I'm a veteran of the game. Anyone with a pulse could beat the single player campaign. It's multiplayer where the fun is, and I guarantee you'd last about 5 minutes in any 1 on 1 game by having your hero "patrol your base". It demonstrates a lack of understanding of how to play the game, hence, in my opinion, invalidating your criticism of it. It's like complaining that your computer can't scramble your eggs for you. And I hate to break it to you, but since you're the one who brought up the whole "Blizzard sucks" topic, you're the one coming off as a fanboy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
my biggest gripes with WoW, on top of all the lag and server issues..was the game was just too easy..in beta was able to level 60 in a week or so..

tradeskills too easy..

and i never grouped once...because everyone wants to solo since more XP..
Sorry, aside from your mention of server issues, you are either exaggerating to an extreme or just completely making that up. Leveling to 60 in a week? Never grouped once? Sorry, that's impossible. Not hard, not extremely difficult, IMPOSSIBLE. I'm sorry, maybe not impossible - it's technically possible if you did not sleep, eat, or do anything other than play the game for the entire week 24 hours a day. Even then, it'd be extraordinarily difficult. Since no one plays the game like this except freaks or spoiled kids with no responsibilities, it's hardly a just comment about the game.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 10:25 AM   #62
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
No, I'm a veteran of the game. Anyone with a pulse could beat the single player campaign. It's multiplayer where the fun is, and I guarantee you'd last about 5 minutes in any 1 on 1 game by having your hero "patrol your base". It demonstrates a lack of understanding of how to play the game, hence, in my opinion, invalidating your criticism of it. It's like complaining that your computer can't scramble your eggs for you. And I hate to break it to you, but since you're the one who brought up the whole "Blizzard sucks" topic, you're the one coming off as a fanboy here.
Oh I am a fanboy, 4 years of EQ does that to you... I will never deny that... As for playing WC3 online, did for awhile. Got bored of it, rather play WC2 and SC online. Was big on D2 for awhile but after alittle break from it my characters were deleted and I never returned to it.

I never said Blizzard sucked, I say they aren't gods like every Blizzard fan holds them as. I think other RTS games are better then the ones they created and I think thier MMORPG is lacking alot.

You need to also lighten up and lower the hostility, I have never directed any attacks towards your playstyle, skill or character yet you seem to need to at me, without even knowing anything about me. No wonder poeple generalize the Blizzard Fanbase...
Old 01-06-05, 10:36 AM   #63
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I wonder why people always have to take shots against Blizzard, they make games for god sake not rape babies.
Old 01-06-05, 10:39 AM   #64
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
You need to also lighten up and lower the hostility, I have never directed any attacks towards your playstyle, skill or character yet you seem to need to at me, without even knowing anything about me.
Yet you have repeatedly made comments of this nature:
Quote:
No wonder poeple generalize the Blizzard Fanbase...
Snide remarks like this are generally not well recieved. If you want to act like a prick, be prepared for people to use a less than friendly tone.

I couldn't care less if you like Blizzard games or not, that's not the point. Let's try and remember who started bashing who here. You attack my favorite games, I'll defend them. You've repeatedly asserted that people only like Blizzard games because of the name. I like them because all of their games ARE awesome, and in my opinion Blizzard IS the best PC game development company. I generally am not interested in Westwood's C&C series. But I don't go trolling around C&C boards calling everyone "Westwood fanboys" and repeatedly posting how much I hate a certain game that I've barely spent any time playing. I understand that you want to be "different" and go against the grain, good for you, but keep it to yourself.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-06-05, 10:41 AM   #65
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I wonder why people always have to take shots against Blizzard, they make games for god sake not rape babies.
Probably for many of the same reasons people take shots at Microsoft. Both companies are damn good at what they do from a business perspective. Their products are popular and generally well-liked among those who use them, but at the same time they both have their harsh critics.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 10:49 AM   #66
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Probably for many of the same reasons people take shots at Microsoft. Both companies are damn good at what they do from a business perspective. Their products are popular and generally well-liked among those who use them, but at the same time they both have their harsh critics.
Hmm Penny Arcade photoshop of Blizzard critics perhaps?
Old 01-06-05, 11:01 AM   #67
Ghosthunter

Quote:

Sorry, aside from your mention of server issues, you are either exaggerating to an extreme or just completely making that up. Leveling to 60 in a week? Never grouped once? Sorry, that's impossible. Not hard, not extremely difficult, IMPOSSIBLE. I'm sorry, maybe not impossible - it's technically possible if you did not sleep, eat, or do anything other than play the game for the entire week 24 hours a day. Even then, it'd be extraordinarily difficult. Since no one plays the game like this except freaks or spoiled kids with no responsibilities, it's hardly a just comment about the game.

i said a week or so...this was in beta...before they had tons of major lag issues...it might have been 2 weeks or maybe 3 i dont know..all i know is way too short...compared to eq1, or eq2...and i played roughly 10-14 hours a day

dont even get me started on the class balance issues...LOL
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 11:34 AM   #68
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
dont even get me started on the class balance issues...LOL
Heh, yeah, there's definitely work to be done here. The Warrior class at the moment is completely useless and Mages are not too far off. I'm glad I picked a Rogue to play, seems to be the best PvP class there is.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 01-06-05, 11:50 AM   #69
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Heh, yeah, there's definitely work to be done here. The Warrior class at the moment is completely useless and Mages are not too far off. I'm glad I picked a Rogue to play, seems to be the best PvP class there is.

yep rogue rocks...but you know somehow it going to be nerfed
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 11:56 AM   #70
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well, I'm fairly certain that the last patch dramatically increased the miss rate on Rogue specials like Sinister Strike and Eviscerate, I miss about 20% of them on mobs 8 levels below me fairly consistently (the miss rate is supposed to be 5%). I miss my stealth abilities almost 33% of the time (Sap, Ambush, Cheap Shot) as to render them almost useless. What makes me even more mad about this is that I put talent points into a talent that supposedly improve the hit rate of these abilities by 5%. Arg.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-06-05, 08:00 PM   #71
ChrisRay

Quote:

I pretty much stopped my rogue. Atr level 36, And have gone back as a priest who will specialize in shadow/disc. It seems to be a good step for me. I really got tired of my 1 shot for everything rogue. Once you expend vanish/stealth capabilities, I felt rogues were giant targets.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 11:13 PM   #72
Elderblaze

I played EQ1 for 5 years myself, I wouldent consider myself a fanboy by any means. If anything I miss Verant and despise SOE. They did not "ruin" everquest by any means. But they did change it, into somthing alot less frusterating, alot less time consuming, and ultimatly alot less rewarding. This is of course subjective, but i like the old days of Original EQ, yeah there where class balence issues, but it was a special game. Perhaps just because it was my first MMO. Im really looking forward to Vanguard.

I loved WarCraft 3, however I sucked at it.. i owned the single player, and played multiplayer for months, but I never could get past level 12ish. There are alot of people that put way to much time into it, and the micro managment of the game is very complicated, i've seen tiny armies of a couple heros and 4-5 unites decimate massive armies of unskilled players. It requires alot of time to play compeitivly at all. I guess the same can be said for most things these days though, like counter strike. Speaking of which, i've been playing alot more CS:S then WoW these days, not that I don't enjoy wow, but CS:S is better then ever and im having a blast with it.

Regards
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote