Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-09-05, 12:15 PM   #1
murali

Default Fedora Core 3 vs Mandrakelinux 10.1

Hi, I have never used Linux before. I was introduced to it by a friend and bought
Mandrake cds overthe net and tried to install it. It always boot to the dos-like screen. I tried to uninstall and install new drivers but I just couldn't succeed. I even downloaded the latest dvd version but the Os simply refused to start in normal mode. Then I realised that there lots of written references available for fedora core & red hat. So I downloaded he fedora core and installed it. It recognised my sata(silicon image) & my ATI x800xt graphic card. Now my hardware is fully functional(except my printer). Only problem is installing new softwares. I am planning to stick with the FC3. What I need now is help to get drivers for my HP psc 1350series printer. Does anyone know where to get them?
FC3 recognise it as psc1300series. But I will like to install the right driver. And Can anyone tell me how to uninstall drivers, please? I am very very new to Linux. Pleae help!!!!!
murali is offline   Reply With Quote