Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-23-02, 09:45 AM   #13
exar

Send a message via MSN to exar Send a message via Yahoo to exar

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
The thing is, this problem has been around for long time now. I had a Logitech MouseMan+ when I was a sophomore in college and I suffered through the same problems until I got my Intellimouse Explorer. After buying the Microsoft mouse, I've not had a single problem with the Explorer's hardware or software.

I boggles my mind that after this long, Logitech still hasn't resolved the scrolling issues.
I went thru two of the MouseMan+. Each time the left button crapped out on me after ~6 months which somehow corresponds to the time I was playing Diablo and Quake...
Old 11-23-02, 11:30 AM   #14
The Baron

Am I the only man alive whose Logitech mouse has been utterly perfect?

Seriously... I've had 0 problems with either of them (one's on my bro's box, one's on mine). Scroll wheel works perfectly fine as far as I can tell (I don't use it too often in games--hitting the key is still faster )... so I dunno.
Old 11-23-02, 03:19 PM   #15
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I have never had an issue with Logitech, and I think my Logitech device was much better than the comparible MS device I have now, it's still working after 4yrs! The only thing I do is leave the driver to the default PS/2 driver..
Old 11-23-02, 11:39 PM   #16
gpk

Default Found a good workaround (after a week)

B4 this workaround i would end the EM_EXEC.exe task to get mousewheel to work w/ my new MX 500, Reg tweak doesn't work w new model, fine w older mice. Some websites said thanksgiving for new mouseware 9.75 to fix problems (current ver 9.73), I emailed logitech support a a week + ago and got no response.

Found this in the UT 2003 forum...

In the Mouse control panel applet, "BUTTONS" tab, set the "Scrolling Size" to none, install and run TweakUI for XP (Part of Powertoys for XP) (havent tired in other OSes) , in the MOUSE->Wheel section check the "Use mouse wheel for scrolling" box and set the number of lines u desire.
I now have all the buttons recognized in UT 2003 AND the wheel too. The thumb buttons can be bound in their default "Back" and "Forward" assigments(technically ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT, so dont have something bound to ALT,). Can't get em to be bound in Ghost Recon tho; havent't tried it in other games yet.

IMO logitech still makes better mice/drivers than MS, though I admit this round has been frustrating as the REG fix for the mousewheel does NOT work w the new mice; and their tech support has been unusually quiet...

Last edited by gpk; 11-23-02 at 11:48 PM.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 12:22 AM   #17
budd_wm
Grrrrrrrrrr......

Logitech is about to release a new version of their software in which they say the scroll wheel issue is fixed. Should be out in a couple of weeks. I have the MX700 and can say it's a kickass mouse, the best I've used yet.
budd_wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 12:52 AM   #18
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

I don't wanna be left out... I have been using my logitech marble for years, very good, but I hate having to clean it. My previous mouse was an A4 tech thang, never got it to work, its like they crossed wires or something. I've had a few MS mouses and they've been great. When I built this new comp I didn't want a mouse that'd give me probs or let me down by breakin' on me. Logitech? nah, read about their probs(I feel ya Saturn), so I bought my Intellimouse Optical Special Edition, whoa! great mouse! very smooth and scrolling is solid. Greatest mouse everrrrr! Never gonna buy any other brand of mouse again!

EDIT: Now I just gotta configure the 3 extra buttons on this mouse on UT2k3 and you'll all be dead!
Old 11-24-02, 01:13 AM   #19
volt

I've used Microsoft Intelli Optical (PS2) for about 2 years now, and I'm loving that mouse. Never had any problem with it, works like a charm
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 01:22 AM   #20
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

NICE AVATAR.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-02, 01:23 AM   #21
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by thcdru2k
NICE AVATAR.
hehe, gracias
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-24-02, 01:26 AM   #22
The Baron

changed it for when you hit 999 eh?
Old 11-24-02, 01:32 AM   #23
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
changed it for when you hit 999 eh?
Oh yea, definetly...Didn't you know that ?
I suspect it will change soon again, maybe 1337

Old 11-24-02, 04:24 AM   #24
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I have a Logitech optical 4 buton wheel mouse and it works perfect. I don't even install the software or have the latest drivers. I use the ones that come with XP.