Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-02, 05:44 AM   #25
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
I have a Logitech optical 4 buton wheel mouse and it works perfect. I don't even install the software or have the latest drivers. I use the ones that come with XP.
but you can't progrm the buttons in Windows without the Logitech software, right? yeah, i guess that's not a big deal.
Old 11-24-02, 09:05 AM   #26
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
but you can't progrm the buttons in Windows without the Logitech software, right? yeah, i guess that's not a big deal.
But then why would you buy a 4 button mouse
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 07:03 PM   #27
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
But then why would you buy a 4 button mouse
you can still assign functions in games, just not in Windows.
Old 11-24-02, 07:24 PM   #28
volt

true
But IMO i still wouldn't consider it. I use all my buttons wherever possible
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 07:43 PM   #29
netviper13
Treehugger

I've had my Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical for 2 years now, and haven't had a single problem. I was seriously considering upgrading to an MX700, but then the comments started coming out about the scroll problems, so I decided to stick with my current mouse.
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-02, 08:16 AM   #30
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Volt:
MB 1 = Fire
MB 2 = 2ndry Fire
MB 3 = reload
MB 4 = use

All that powa at my fingertips.
I use keyboard to walk around.
Old 11-25-02, 04:28 PM   #31
The Baron

Think I have to do two things for Christmas this year... or maybe three.

Tribunal (I love the Morrowind )
Logitech MX700 (I love Logitech mouses... and wireless... and USB... and mmmm)
A car (that's gonna be tricky, but I shall use my Powers of Evil Manipulation for... uh... Evil?)
Old 11-25-02, 05:07 PM   #32
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
Think I have to do two things for Christmas this year... or maybe three.

Tribunal (I love the Morrowind )
Logitech MX700 (I love Logitech mouses... and wireless... and USB... and mmmm)
A car (that's gonna be tricky, but I shall use my Powers of Evil Manipulation for... uh... Evil?)
Eh Tribunal isn't all that great.

Old 11-25-02, 07:25 PM   #33
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"

Send a message via AIM to Dazz

Quote:
Originally posted by netviper13
I've had my Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical for 2 years now, and haven't had a single problem. I was seriously considering upgrading to an MX700, but then the comments started coming out about the scroll problems, so I decided to stick with my current mouse.
Yeah i too have had my explorer for years goot it the day it came out still working great i was looking into the MX500 or MX700 as a replacement but hmm..... I heard alot of people have had problems with the scroll which has but me off some what. I heard Logitec are working hard to sort this out as it's hurting their reviews of the hardware.
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-02, 07:26 PM   #34
The Baron

Well... I have no problems with the scroll wheel in any game... I've been trying it out all afternoon, and I've yet to find one that doesn't work.

Maybe I'm just what we in the industry term a Lucky Bastard.
Old 11-25-02, 09:20 PM   #35
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz
Yeah i too have had my explorer for years goot it the day it came out still working great i was looking into the MX500 or MX700 as a replacement but hmm..... I heard alot of people have had problems with the scroll which has but me off some what. I heard Logitec are working hard to sort this out as it's hurting their reviews of the hardware.
weird, i haven't seen any negative reviews. even despite the problems, which have been mentioned in every review, the reviwers still write glowingly good stuff about the MX700.
Old 11-27-02, 06:03 PM   #36
VeritechK7
Just lurking

Send a message via ICQ to VeritechK7 Send a message via AIM to VeritechK7 Send a message via Yahoo to VeritechK7

I'm stuck with an intellimouse optical. I'm debating on a intellimouse explorer 3 or mx500. The argument for the mx500 would be to use ht ps2 port an put that @ 200 m/s repeat rate .. thats' what i liked about the logitech drivers vs the ms drivers. and i don't mind closing emexec. just run it again or access mouse from control panel.. how hard is that?

"When you understand the root, you understand all of its blossoming"- Bruce Lee
VeritechK7 is offline   Reply With Quote