Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-10-05, 09:34 PM   #1
richip

Default Forcing Boot Agent to PXE

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 3 over the network using PXE to load the kernel. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the NVIDIA boot agent to boot PXE. It seems to be hanging trying to boot from the SATA harddisk.

Does anyone know how to force this motherboard to boot via PXE? It's a Gigabyte K8NFP-9 with Award BIOS. The AWARD BIOS itself is set to boot using add-in cards. That's the way by which it passes priority over to the NVIDIA boot agent so that it can select the boot device. Currently, the machine has no ATA drives and one SATA drive and the built-in NVIDIA ethernet port. I can boot via PXE if I've an ATA drive connected (since the BIOS defers to the NVIDIA add-in card for booting), but not so when the SATA drive is connected.

Help!
richip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 09:38 PM   #2
richip

Default Re: Forcing Boot Agent to PXE

Never mind. The problem was that the BIOS was set to assume RAID with IDE/SATA. Disabling that allowed me to boot via PXE.
richip is offline   Reply With Quote