Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-05, 02:46 PM   #25
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

We should start a nerf poll. Who will be nerfed next? Place your bets lol.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 03:00 PM   #26
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Nerf?

Are we talking about the cushiony footballs or those animals from Star Wars?
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 04:01 PM   #27
nrdstrm

Chris...Come back home to EQ2

But they have done a little nerfing in EQ2 as well, but nothing major. They took away about 66% of my Bezerker's damage when bezerk, but Bezerkers were truely overpowered, so it's cool with me...
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 05:19 PM   #28
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Any input on the best tank class for horde? I am assuming warrior, but I havent tried one so Im not sure.
warriors sucked when I played and that was a month ago, after the recent nerfings, I'm sure they suck even more.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 08:17 PM   #29
lognoronon

I have a 41 priest atm and the mind soothe nerf hurts big time. I used the spell all the damn time. They nerfed it because they did a crappy job of designing a dungeon or 2. They should have just changed the postions of a few mobs here and there or just nerfing mind soothe for those instances. They took a very useful spell that was being exploited in 1 or 2 instances and made it useless for the entire gameworld. Priests are already the least played class and this is not going to help things at all. My priest is now shelved for a while till I calm down or find a class I will enjoy playing more.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 08:48 PM   #30
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Warriors do not suck. The people who play warriors suck at playing warriors. There is a small but fundamental difference. I still love my priest.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 12:03 AM   #31
superklye

No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything. You have to be in a party for everything. That's one of the things I really didn't like about WoW. I don't want to have to party up for everything.
Old 01-15-05, 12:03 AM   #32
ChrisRay

It's sad. But Blizzard has deleted "3" posts already with outrage and over 2000 posts. And they just locked the third one. This company is literally holdings its ears saying "La la la I cant hear you! Oh btw! We dont want others to see unhappy customers"
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-05, 02:28 AM   #33
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

WHHAAAAA!! WHHAAAAAA!! I hate the blizard cauz they changed some stuff. I want everything handed to meh on a slivr plate.

Suck it up. Every game does this. You dont like it? Go play EQ. THAT'S a nerf fest. This is nothing.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 02:49 AM   #34
superklye

Oh, whoops...I forgot...people can't complain about a product they not only paid $50+ for, but also pay a $15/mo fee. yeah...why the hell should we have any input?
Old 01-15-05, 03:20 AM   #35
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqmajere
WHHAAAAA!! WHHAAAAAA!! I hate the blizard cauz they changed some stuff. I want everything handed to meh on a slivr plate.

Suck it up. Every game does this. You dont like it? Go play EQ. THAT'S a nerf fest. This is nothing.
Sony never nerfed classes without telling anyone. SOE usually gives a forewarning to a nerf weeks before it happens. Sony usually does not change something until its certain its completely and utterly overpowered.

Many spells in this game werent over powered to the point they were rendered useless. Sony takes long periods of time to usually test their changes. The last nerf I remember sony doing was one where they nerfed bards from being able to kite entire planar zones with AOE Songs.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 03:57 AM   #36
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything. You have to be in a party for everything. That's one of the things I really didn't like about WoW. I don't want to have to party up for everything.
I've seen plenty of warriors that solo, but the main idea behind the warrior is that they group and tank for that group. Every class is weak in a certain area and that is why groups are required at times. A warrior, rogue, hunter and priest would be a perfect group imo