Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-05, 06:30 AM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Sony never nerfed classes without telling anyone. SOE usually gives a forewarning to a nerf weeks before it happens. Sony usually does not change something until its certain its completely and utterly overpowered.

Many spells in this game werent over powered to the point they were rendered useless. Sony takes long periods of time to usually test their changes. The last nerf I remember sony doing was one where they nerfed bards from being able to kite entire planar zones with AOE Songs.
So true, SOE usually has all thier changes on the Test Server so ALL players if they wanted can check them out prior to the changes going to the Main Servers.

Most of the time people claim SOE nerfs is because they actually nerfed a class that NEEDED to be nerfed. I remember when Necro's and Bards were TOO good. When they finally fell inline, people bitched because they didn't understand that the classes were NEVER ment to be that powerful.

The changes I see WoW are just weird... I heard Paladins are overpowered yet haven't heard that they have been weakened yet... don't know really... just what I hear.
Old 01-15-05, 07:22 AM   #38
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
No warriors DO suck. If there was ever a class that should be able to solo it would be a warrior: insane HP and AC plus damage but they just...suck. They don't have many good abilities or anything.
You just don't understand the point of a warrior. It's okay to admit that you're clueless, you know . WoW is about grouping, and grouping is the most fun. A warrior rocks in a group, if played correctly. Warriors DO NOT suck. Most players of them do, however, suck. hehe
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 09:04 AM   #39
|MaguS|

A warrior in every MMORPG I have ever played we about grouping, they were/are the ideal tank on taking dmg. From what I have seen/experianced they were ment to absor dmg while holding aggression, they were never ment for high dmg, thats what rogues and HIGH DPS classes are for.

Warriors = Agro Control
Old 01-15-05, 12:37 PM   #40
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
You just don't understand the point of a warrior. It's okay to admit that you're clueless, you know . WoW is about grouping, and grouping is the most fun. A warrior rocks in a group, if played correctly. Warriors DO NOT suck. Most players of them do, however, suck. hehe
Since you seem to know it all, tell me how to play a warrior then? I mean, I don't think it's too hard to understand that when you have 800hp and 1500AC, you're supposed to be up front hacking away absorbing damage. Gosh, that was difficult.

I mean, you can only do so many things when your main function is TO ABSORB DAMAGE. Wow...I understood that, too. And you can only do so much when your skills/abilities are designed to DEAL DAMAGE or give damage/AC boosts to your party. Man, it's like a labyrinth...you're right, no WONDER warriors suck: I couldn't figure out their one-dimensionality at all! They suck because they're boring, not because I don't know how to be a meat shield and click on my abilities when they become available.

Maybe stop being a pretentious ass and back up what you're saying, hmm?

Last edited by superklye; 01-16-05 at 08:14 PM.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 01:10 PM   #41
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
A warrior in every MMORPG I have ever played we about grouping, they were/are the ideal tank on taking dmg. From what I have seen/experianced they were ment to absor dmg while holding aggression, they were never ment for high dmg, thats what rogues and HIGH DPS classes are for.

Warriors = Agro Control
Old 01-15-05, 01:40 PM   #42
superklye

I understand that and never disagreed. But apparently, there is some super secret way to play a warrior that only Skrot knows (hehe) so he has to be a dick about it.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 03:43 PM   #43
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

All he was saying was what I quoted, there is no great class to solo with. Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses that require you to group at some point.
Old 01-15-05, 04:45 PM   #44
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
All he was saying was what I quoted, there is no great class to solo with. Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses that require you to group at some point.

Except hunters.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-05, 04:48 PM   #45
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Sony never nerfed classes without telling anyone. SOE usually gives a forewarning to a nerf weeks before it happens. Sony usually does not change something until its certain its completely and utterly overpowered.

Many spells in this game werent over powered to the point they were rendered useless. Sony takes long periods of time to usually test their changes. The last nerf I remember sony doing was one where they nerfed bards from being able to kite entire planar zones with AOE Songs.
actually this is not true. With latest patch on EQ2...Sony did huge nerfs without telling anyone until afterwards...nothing was even in the patch notes, until the community complained big time in the forums with so many threads and posts then they finally explained.

I am still loving EQ2...but I wasnt too happy how they communicated it. I saw the need for some rebalancing, but at least tell us it is coming and why.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 05:53 PM   #46
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
actually this is not true. With latest patch on EQ2...Sony did huge nerfs without telling anyone until afterwards...nothing was even in the patch notes, until the community complained big time in the forums with so many threads and posts then they finally explained.

I am still loving EQ2...but I wasnt too happy how they communicated it. I saw the need for some rebalancing, but at least tell us it is coming and why.

Eh? They have a test server for anyone to access. Test server carries upcoming changes.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 06:56 PM   #47
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Eh? They have a test server for anyone to access. Test server carries upcoming changes.

not true...they did have one..but a lot of nerfs they had were not on test...thought they are now saying in the future they will make sure to put it on test..but who knows how true it is

here is what moorguard said about it:

Quote:
We're going to work harder to make sure that Test is kept current with the same updates that go out to the live servers. Because it is set up differently from the live servers, Test doesn't end up getting the code at the same time, but we'll update it manually the same day.

Due to the holiday break and just generally getting into the swing of being a live game, we haven't yet made as much use of the Test server as we intend to. Going forward we will make sure Test an integral part of our update process, because the feedback we get from it is crucial to making the game the best it can be.
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e....id=1572#M1572

All they had to do I think was put it in patch notes at least..instead of players figuring it out for themselves. I think that is what irked a lot of players.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 07:08 PM   #48
ChrisRay

Well I'll be. Thats very much unlike Sony given their past with test servers and updates.

What was changed exactly? Betting its SOE's tradeskills. The entire trade skill system is a joke. If Sony would just implement soulbound items they could save themselves alot of trouble with "over creation"
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote