Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-05, 08:53 PM   #49
Ghosthunter

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Bersekers and Wizards/Warlocks got nerfed big time...though i agree with some changes being a wizard myself..i really think they went overboard...

Tradeskills well i wouldnt say nerf per se..because every class got hit..it was more of a change on how to make item with buffs...it now takes a lot longer to make a pristine item..because buffs use up more power an cannot spam it...their reasoning was that pristine items are suppose to be lot rarer and wroth more then norm items...while what was really happening was no one would buy anything unless it pristine..

While i agree with it somewhat..they never made these changes to test..so no one got to test it...and of course there were so major issues..though they did fix it a few patches later...

I know a few other classes got nerfed..but not sure details offhand...but i know those i mention above are the most loudest at the moment

Oh another change and this one was on test if i recall..can no longer buy resources off broker and do wholesaler quests. I think they changed this because societeies were levelling too quick..but the downside is a lot of adventurers who relied on harvesting and then selling lots lots of profit..it is better for myself as a crafter...but for adventureres a lot harder.

Despite eveyrthing..thought I am still enjoying EQ2 greatly...overall I am happy with server stability, virutally lag free..and having tons of fun with my guild and the community on our server. I am also enjoying the tradeskills a lot more then I did in any other MMORPG..dont know why but i do.

No MMORPG will be perfect is something I learnt..the key is to make sure you having fun..once you log in and it feels boring and like a job time to find something new..lol
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64

Last edited by Ghosthunter; 01-15-05 at 09:08 PM.
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 10:01 PM   #50
ChrisRay

I think I should point out. Today I canceled subscription to Blizzard. And I have moved back to EQ 2.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 12:40 AM   #51
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I may be heading back that way also. The servers are absolute **** and the amount of immature kids to boot is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I'll give it a bit longer but Blizzard is making SOE look like gods in the mmo catagory.
Old 01-16-05, 10:23 AM   #52
faraday

Deja vu
faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 05:28 PM   #53
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I'm having no server problems at the moment and I've not run into any idiots, those who group like morons get stuck on my ignore list and we leave them to die. I'm currently playing the European final beta as a warrior now and I am enjoying it a lot.
Old 01-16-05, 05:50 PM   #54
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
Warriors do not suck. The people who play warriors suck at playing warriors. There is a small but fundamental difference. I still love my priest.
Warriors are supposed to be the Ultimate Tankers. But they aren't when Paladins have my HPS, healing, invulnerability, higher DPS, a chance for more crits, stun, better Area of Effects AND a free Warhorse! What do warriors get? Rend? Hamstring? Thunderclap? yay... What we need is our HPS back. say at lvl 35 i have 1734 HPS. At lvl 35 a Pally with the same gear has 2.1k HPS. Warriors are supposed to be able to run into battle, take the damage and walk away afterwards. We can run into battle, take damage then recover our body. We also have the worst aggro. Solo we have HUGE aggro, in groups we have very little. My worst complaint is that WARriors don't get a WARhorse, But paladins do. We just get a normal steed, Tiger or Mechanical chicken for alliance, Wolf or skeletal horse for Horde. Worst of all, we have to pay extra for our mount. Pallys and Warlocks get theirs for free, Priests, Druids, Mages and Hunters get theirs for 90 Gold yet Warriors pay 100 Gold for theirs. And you say that we don't suck.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 06:46 PM   #55
superklye

That you Werewolf...that is exactly what I'm talking about. Warriors are underpowered, their skills are laughable and most importantly: they aren't fun to play.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 07:17 PM   #56
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
That you Werewolf...that is exactly what I'm talking about. Warriors are underpowered, their skills are laughable and most importantly: they aren't fun to play.
I'm having a lot of fun playing my warrior to be honest.

Old 01-16-05, 08:26 PM   #57
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Maybe stop being a pretentious ass and back up what you're saying, hmm?
From what I can see, the point of a Warrior in a group is to get and to keep aggro from multiple mobs. There is a night and day difference between a warrior who plays like a rogue (just trying to be a damage dealer, tanking if he must) and one who plays it with skill. I have a friend on my server (Proudmoore) that simply outshines *all* other warriors that I have grouped with, and he makes my job as a priest much less stressful. Using AoE taunts, defensive stance, demoralising shout etc, he can get a large group of mobs to focus on him, and to keep nearly all of them on him, mostly regardless of how much I am healing. Having to heal one or two players for a higher amount is a lot more mana efficient and safe than having to heal nearly everyone at a reasonable pace. Using greater heals instead of lots of renews and flash heals means that I can keep healing in a fight for longer, which is basically required in higher level instances (I'm level 57 at the moment).

It appears as though a warrior was somewhat designed to be a healer's best friend, if played properly . Of course, having a druid or paladin for backup healing is always very welcome.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 08:30 PM   #58
ChrisRay

Guys please settle down in your arguments. Theres no reason to lay out insult. Keep it cool. Theres no reason for the thread to degenerate into insult. I admit I have been somewhat lax because I was interested in the class balance discussion. So please settle down.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 08:34 PM   #59
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Warriors are good at tanking, but nowhere near what the paladins are. Pallys are supposed to be quick strike warriors of holy light. That would mean that they are supposed to get in quick deal alot of damage and get out. They are supposed to take alot more damage than warriors because of lower armour, that's why they got healing. But their armour points are so much more higher than warriors, which means less HPS being taken off when they are hit, and add in the healing. That makes for one invincible tank. Don't get me wrong here though, warriors are fun to play (i can't stand playing anything else, too boring) it's just that they are the most nerfed char in the game. Druids and Priests can kick our ass in PVP and Duels, so that's saying something.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 08:53 PM   #60
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Yeah, another waster day of 1 step forward, 2 back. Rollbacks last night, today... At least I'll lose all my SM loot and exp this time, no big deal.

Knock, knock SOE...