Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-05, 09:38 PM   #61
superklye

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I'm having a lot of fun playing my warrior to be honest.
Well I'm glad. I wasn't having fun. I was sick of being the one to take all the damage. In a group with 2 druids and a warlock, being the only warrior sucked. I was constantly using Rend and Hamstring and one other skill and it just got so repetative. I almost wish I could've set up a macro so that I didn't have to keep doing it. There just doesn't seem to be much depth to playing a warrior and I was disappointed.

And then again, I haven't played in over a month and I've decided to give up. The game is basically unattainable and after the bad Amazon experience with that d-bag not sending me the game, I don't care to play it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
From what I can see, the point of a Warrior in a group is to get and to keep aggro from multiple mobs. There is a night and day difference between a warrior who plays like a rogue (just trying to be a damage dealer, tanking if he must) and one who plays it with skill. I have a friend on my server (Proudmoore) that simply outshines *all* other warriors that I have grouped with, and he makes my job as a priest much less stressful. Using AoE taunts, defensive stance, demoralising shout etc, he can get a large group of mobs to focus on him, and to keep nearly all of them on him, mostly regardless of how much I am healing. Having to heal one or two players for a higher amount is a lot more mana efficient and safe than having to heal nearly everyone at a reasonable pace. Using greater heals instead of lots of renews and flash heals means that I can keep healing in a fight for longer, which is basically required in higher level instances (I'm level 57 at the moment).

It appears as though a warrior was somewhat designed to be a healer's best friend, if played properly . Of course, having a druid or paladin for backup healing is always very welcome.
Fine. You're right. I'm wrong. I can't play a warrior. I'm a complete ****ing retard. I'm going to go shoot myself in the throat right now, so that I don't have to upset you anymore. Happy?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 10:31 PM   #62
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Fine. You're right. I'm wrong. I can't play a warrior. I'm a complete ****ing retard. I'm going to go shoot myself in the throat right now, so that I don't have to upset you anymore. Happy?
LOL What the..? I'm not upset, and never was.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 10:32 PM   #63
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

That's what i was thinkin...
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 10:43 PM   #64
ChrisRay

Guys this is your last warning. Settle down.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 10:54 PM   #65
MX/MX400
Dell Custimar Servass Rep

U probably get this all the time, but I gotta know, who the hell is that chick in your av chris?
Dell Dimension 8400: Intel P4 540 (3.2Ghz) | i925X Express chipset | 1GB Dual Channel DDR2-400 SDRAM | 256MB nVidia 6800 GTO (16x1,6) 350/1000 | Creative SB Audigy 2 | 160GB HD (7200RPM) | 16x DVD Rom Drive + 16x DVD+RW w/dbl layer write | 17" E173FP Flat Panel Display

SCOREZ!!!1... 3DMark2k3: 11348 | 3DMark2k5: 4668
MX/MX400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 12:43 AM   #66
WeReWoLf

This video is the reason why warriors got nerfed. A lvl 60 wanted to prove how overpowered the warriors were. Blizzard thought that they were fine. As a result of this video, Blizzard OVERnerfed us. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/downlo...amar.avi&id=24
Old 01-17-05, 12:45 AM   #67
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I'm having no server problems at the moment and I've not run into any idiots, those who group like morons get stuck on my ignore list and we leave them to die. I'm currently playing the European final beta as a warrior now and I am enjoying it a lot.

You and I are, apparently, the only two people playing WoW without any problems. Stand tall, friend, for we stand alone. Although, upon further thought, maybe we should quit WoW for another game. Let's not let great gameplay, the ability to solo, tradeskills that are worth doing, superb graphics, a fantastic questing system, a kickass soundtrack, and the overall fun of WoW stop us from going somewhere else. Heaven forbid a company new to this genre make ANY mistakes. *enter sarcasm here*

When S.O.E. first released Everquest, I was there playing it. Most of the time (at least in the beginning) you couldn't stay on the servers for more that 20 minutes without them crashing. Constant nerfs, renerfs, balancing issues and downtime were an almost expected, frequent occurance. As far as I'm concerned, the launch of WoW has been one of the best to date.

You folks complain about WoW every chance you get. Yes, some of the things they do should have been handled in a different way, but I remember playing other games at the beginning as well. Ultima Online. Anarchy Online. Everquest. Dark Age of Camalot. None of them came close to having a fun expierence like WoW when they were first launched.

So let's condem Blizzard for their first mmorpg which, by the way, is one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not alone in this. Let's all stop playing because of a few hiccups in the initial months. Lag issues will be sorted out. Balancing issues will be sorted out. Server issues will be sorted out. I, for one, think they are doing a fine job and will continue to play this game INSPITE of these problems which I don't seem to be having whatsoever.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 01:01 AM   #68
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
This video is the reason why warriors got nerfed. A lvl 60 wanted to prove how overpowered the warriors were. Blizzard thought that they were fine. As a result of this video, Blizzard OVERnerfed us. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/downlo...amar.avi&id=24

That was just plain awesome. I play a priest and watching that video made me want to log on and start up a warrior. People just get jellous of abilities they don't have. Everyone wants their class to be the best. So when they see another class, like in the video, doing something that their class isn't capable of doing, or they themselves don't have the brainpower to pull it off, they complain. I have no complaints about that video. Let the warriors do it. Let them be able to go out and kill 50 things at once. As a priest, that just makes it more appealing to group with them.

If that persons intent was to make Blizzard aware of the effectivness of warriors, and convince them that they are broken, then that person is an idiot and a whinner. Those types of people take the fun away with their constant bitching and complaining. Even if warriors were the most powerful, lawnmower, deathmachines in the game, let them try to PvP me (or another priest) at level 60. You can't have everything and it sucks they can't learn that.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-05, 01:02 AM   #69
WeReWoLf

The thing is, warriors are no longer capable of doing that because Blizzard removed the Bloodthirst move from the Beta before August. We can never do damage like that again. The person that created this video wanted to point out to constant whiners and bitchers, that constantly spamming the Bloodthirst and Slam moves, it was possible to go on a killing spree. Blizzard found out about the movie, watched it and Overnerfed us. Our max Damage we can give now is no more than 600 standard 1500 crit. Bloodthirst was completely removed from the game and our rage generation was dropped majorly. We now no longer generate rage from misses, dodges and parry's. This has killed our effectiveness on the battlefield, because our moves DEPEND on rage. Also because of the bug that causes missing sprees (3 to 6 times in a row, which shouldn't happen because missing is on a random generator. The odds are supposed to be 10/250000000 to get 3 misses in a row, yet approx 26.7% of our melee attacks are misses.) we cannot generate rage which makes it alot harder to kill something.
Old 01-17-05, 02:00 AM   #70
ChrisRay

Quote:
You folks complain about WoW every chance you get. Yes, some of the things they do should have been handled in a different way, but I remember playing other games at the beginning as well. Ultima Online. Anarchy Online. Everquest. Dark Age of Camalot. None of them came close to having a fun expierence like WoW when they were first launched.

So let's condem Blizzard for their first mmorpg which, by the way, is one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not alone in this. Let's all stop playing because of a few hiccups in the initial months. Lag issues will be sorted out. Balancing issues will be sorted out. Server issues will be sorted out. I, for one, think they are doing a fine job and will continue to play this game INSPITE of these problems which I don't seem to be having whatsoever.
No one is condemning blizzard. But the company "Needs" to be held accountable for its actions and server quality. Just because its your first MMORPG does not give you a free ride for quality. When EQ 2 was released. I was on Sony's case for its launch being less than what I had hoped for.

You cant expect things to be perfect. But people have a right and the ability to criticise a company. Just because its SOE or Blizzard does not make them immune to criticism. I dont care how good/poor their prior games were. There current games deserve and need to be rated and compared to current competitive games and prior games from said companies.

Just because its Blizzard/SoE. Does not mean their games are perfect. And people dont need to be standing around throwing up there arms saying "OH well. Its (Name company here) and its their first/(or millionth) MMORPG so we should let them off for ((Insert retarded reason here))"
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 08:42 AM   #71
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Just because its Blizzard/SoE. Does not mean their games are perfect. And people dont need to be standing around throwing up there arms saying "OH well. Its (Name company here) and its their first/(or millionth) MMORPG so we should let them off for ((Insert retarded reason here))"
I don't think anyone disagrees with this, but marqmajere made a very good point. He wasn't saying we should let Blizzard off the hook just because they're Blizzard, but because it hasn't been long enough to really call it one way or the other. I agree with him, it seems like a lot of peoples' complaints are things that will be worked out in time. The fact is, World of Warcraft is a fun game despite its issues and it's getting a bum rap from a lot of people, I think, because it's a Blizzard game. It's the same reasoning that drives people to hate Microsoft or nVidia. I enjoy the game very much, I know thousands of other people do as well, and none of us are "retarded" as you so kindly put it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 08:59 AM   #72
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
This video so would make me quit, Blizzard can be kings of RTS games but this shows how poorly they went into the MMORPG field. I mean WTF? He's slaughtering enemies only 4 levels below him... thats just stupid balancing...