Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-05, 09:36 AM   #73
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
This video so would make me quit, Blizzard can be kings of RTS games but this shows how poorly they went into the MMORPG field. I mean WTF? He's slaughtering enemies only 4 levels below him... thats just stupid balancing...
Yes, which is why those abilities are not in the game anymore. That was from the closed beta, and warriors can't do that anymore. In fact, warriors suck so bad now, I can waste them with my Rogue no problem even if they're 4 levels above me. Keep in mind also that the guy in the video was maximum level and probably had some of the best gear in the game. And in WoW, enemies 4 levels below you are generally easy to slaughter anyway, though certainly not to the extent he was doing.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 06:07 PM   #74
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

It takes me the entire length of that video to kill a mob the same lvl as me now. I am glad for that fact, but i wish Blizzard would improve the Dueling/PvP of warriors.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 07:27 PM   #75
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
This video so would make me quit, Blizzard can be kings of RTS games but this shows how poorly they went into the MMORPG field. I mean WTF? He's slaughtering enemies only 4 levels below him... thats just stupid balancing...

Eh it's nothing like that anymore. You can still kill quickly without downtime. But battles last alot longer and its nothing like what you see there. Theres a reason they had a closed beta.

Just wish they wouldnt have added Hunter/Paladin talents so near end game and then never tested them. Paladins had a sweeping change when open beta occurred and they were not the same class they were during release that they were in beta.

Quote:
don't think anyone disagrees with this, but marqmajere made a very good point. He wasn't saying we should let Blizzard off the hook just because they're Blizzard, but because it hasn't been long enough to really call it one way or the other. I agree with him, it seems like a lot of peoples' complaints are things that will be worked out in time. The fact is, World of Warcraft is a fun game despite its issues and it's getting a bum rap from a lot of people, I think, because it's a Blizzard game. It's the same reasoning that drives people to hate Microsoft or nVidia. I enjoy the game very much, I know thousands of other people do as well, and none of us are "retarded" as you so kindly put it.
I disagree. WoW in alot of cases is getting a bum rep because it deserves it. From server instability to idiotic dev decisions. These are company issues regarding the game. Yes they can be fixed. But will they if people accept this kind of service and say its ok? No they wont. It's not because they are Blizzard. Actually Thats one reason people are disapointed. Blizzard is held so highly in regard that alot of people are extremely disapointed in the company right now. They see(paticularly me) a company that they love and have held in such high regard releasing a product that has many poor factors too it.

Dont think my criticism is selective of Blizzard alone. We have a sticky thread here by me that shows EQ 2 is anything but an angels paradise of MMORPGs. People need to see these things. These companies need to be brought out? Know why? Because in this business reputation is everything. These companies dont want to be embarrassed. When they are they are more likely to fix things.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 07:47 AM   #76
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I would like to add that I've tried playing a Warrior, and so far at level 20 I've got to say this is the most boring class I've played so far, not to mention the weakest. I've played a Rogue, Hunter, and Paladin past 20 and haven't had nearly as much trouble soloing as I have with this guy. My miss rate is well over 15%, sometimes over 25%, I miss in streaks, build up rage extremely slowly, can't hold aggro, and 2 mobs of any level will generally slaughter me, since I can't kill them fast enough due to all the missing. "Whoosh" sounds are about all I can expect from combat. It's retarded, now I understand what you poor warriors are going through. My warrior misses more than my dual-wielding rogue on melee, which is retarded considering the miss rate for melee one-handed is supposed to be 5%, while dual-weilding should be 25%.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-18-05, 12:34 PM   #77
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

http://penny-arcade.com/
Old 01-18-05, 01:35 PM   #78
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

You know what's funny about that? I was just writing a post on the World of Warcraft forums regarding the warrior miss rate, and when I went to submit I got the good old "Login Server Down" message. AGAIN. I haven't been able to log into the forums since the beginning of December, and though I'm sure the login server was up at some point or another, it isn't now. I'm fairly pissed off about it.

Also, I couldn't log in to the game again last night. I guess the servers are going to be down all day again.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Last edited by Ninjaman09; 01-18-05 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-18-05, 10:03 PM   #79
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I bought WoW for PvP, EQ2 for something else, I can't really remember, but either way, if one falls through, I'll have a lvl 50 or lvl 60 in each so I'll be ready for the downfall of one

(Has no life outside of school, except work, and going to a ranch to "impress" a girl that likes horses)

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 11:02 PM   #80
ChrisRay

Clearly unacceptable post ninja. Dont do that again.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-05, 06:57 AM   #81
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Yeah, Blizzards whole system is a mess. I pretty much given up on my lvl 38 orc shammy and the Ner'zhul server. It's pointless to play with all the problems(now hour plus ques to discourage you from playing) so I started a new toon on a low populated server against my better judgement. Reason being, because when I started Orc shammy on Ner'zhul is was a low pop server so sooner or later this new server will be a high populated server and I'm back to square one. And IMO, blizzard bit off way more then they can chew and it's looking like they're a bit incompetent in running this type of game. Maybe I can try to get my old one switched to the new server and hold out to see if they can fix these many major issues by the time of my monthly subscribtion is up. If it's not fixed on the Ner'zhul server I'll be cancelling for sure. And yes, the forum login in server being related to the gaming server is FRUSTERATING because when the gaming server is down, the forum is down.
Old 01-19-05, 07:36 AM   #82
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Yeah, Blizzards whole system is a mess. I pretty much given up on my lvl 38 orc shammy and the Ner'zhul server. It's pointless to play with all the problems(now hour plus ques to discourage you from playing) so I started a new toon on a low populated server against my better judgement. Reason being, because when I started Orc shammy on Ner'zhul is was a low pop server so sooner or later this new server will be a high populated server and I'm back to square one. And IMO, blizzard bit off way more then they can chew and it's looking like they're a bit incompetent in running this type of game. Maybe I can try to get my old one switched to the new server and hold out to see if they can fix these many major issues by the time of my monthly subscribtion is up. If it's not fixed on the Ner'zhul server I'll be cancelling for sure. And yes, the forum login in server being related to the gaming server is FRUSTERATING because when the gaming server is down, the forum is down.
I think the login server downtime may be one of the most frustrating things of all, really. I'm not kidding, it seems like every time I try to log on to the forums, the login server is down. And yes, this "emergency service" is starting to get almost funny.

What I'd like to see them fix is the auction house on the server I just leveled my new Paladin on. I had him take Skinning and Mining to sell the resources and make money, which was working fine until I tried doing it at peak hours. The AH was so lagged it took over 4-5 minutes to even create an auction, much less look at ones available. Pretty absurd if you ask me.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-19-05, 08:58 AM   #83
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I would hardly call it a mess, I am having no problems at all myself.
Old 01-19-05, 09:30 AM   #84
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

eq2 wins, and i already have a 42 warden, come to my server and ill give u 4g not to say i wont try for 50 in WoW

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote