Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-05, 02:21 PM   #97
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Well I started a new character on the Gilneas server and it's been smooth sailing so far! On top of that, almost every single person I've run into has been extremely friendly and helpful. I cleared the Elwynn Forest quests and got to level 12 in about 3 hours with a group consisting of me, (a warrior), a mage, priest, and a warlock. Suffice it to say we obliterated everything in our path. It was awesome.

This contrasts hugely with my experience on Magtheridon, where lag, idiots, and gankers plagued my gameplay. At level 40, my Rogue has completely ceased to interest me since every time I try to do something some level 60 pops out of nowhere and kills me in 2 hits. Oh well, I'm having a blast with my Warrior so far and am very glad I can actually quest in Hillsbrad, Arathi, and Stranglethorn Vale now without getting ganked every two seconds.

In summation, if your experience is bad you might want to try a server change. I know it sucks to have to start all over again but from what I can tell it's worth doing.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 02:38 PM   #98
ruziel

I played both EQ2 beta and WoW. Came from one of those "hardcore" raid guilds in EQ1 (Leviathan of Stormhammer) saw raid content that 90% of the fan base will never see. Now in a 'hardcore' guild on Stormrage (Blood of the Horde) and working on Onyxia keys.

And all I can say is dispite the unusual downtimes every so often this is by far the most entertaining MMO I've ever played in 6 ish years of playing MMO's. Hell, even EQII dev's admitted they went overboard on the EQII graphics engine and wished the best for Blizzard and World of Warcraft.

Cheers =D
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 04:04 PM   #99
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

You gotta let us know if you end up killing her. I hear it's practically impossible.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-20-05, 04:10 PM   #100
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Well I started a new character on the Gilneas server and it's been smooth sailing so far! On top of that, almost every single person I've run into has been extremely friendly and helpful. I cleared the Elwynn Forest quests and got to level 12 in about 3 hours with a group consisting of me, (a warrior), a mage, priest, and a warlock. Suffice it to say we obliterated everything in our path. It was awesome.

This contrasts hugely with my experience on Magtheridon, where lag, idiots, and gankers plagued my gameplay. At level 40, my Rogue has completely ceased to interest me since every time I try to do something some level 60 pops out of nowhere and kills me in 2 hits. Oh well, I'm having a blast with my Warrior so far and am very glad I can actually quest in Hillsbrad, Arathi, and Stranglethorn Vale now without getting ganked every two seconds.

In summation, if your experience is bad you might want to try a server change. I know it sucks to have to start all over again but from what I can tell it's worth doing.
I started a human Paladin a couple of days back, I've noticed more idiots play human than any other race. I swear everytime I start mining some prick will come running up and just start mining the same god damn vein I am mining. I wish people would use common sense when they are playing the game, if a person reaches it first leave them to it and find another area. Other than the complete and utter tosspots around I'm still having fun, perhaps I just need to get out of the starting areas and leave all the 12 year olds to that section.
Old 01-20-05, 04:29 PM   #101
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I thought you can't mine a node that someone else is already mining? Huh. Anyway, that's why I chose a medium-pop server to play on, it rules.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-20-05, 04:48 PM   #102
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

You can and some people often do, they really should lock the node if someone else is stood there mining it.
Old 01-20-05, 05:30 PM   #103
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Windrunner is low pop, next to no lag and has less than regular downtime. We haven't had a server issue for 6 days now. I'm lvl 37, running around Stranglethorn Vale.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 05:41 PM   #104
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruziel
I played both EQ2 beta and WoW. Came from one of those "hardcore" raid guilds in EQ1 (Leviathan of Stormhammer) saw raid content that 90% of the fan base will never see. Now in a 'hardcore' guild on Stormrage (Blood of the Horde) and working on Onyxia keys.
Cheers =D
I am on Stormrage as well. I have a Tauren Shaman and am with Harbingers of the Horde guild.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-05, 09:25 PM   #105
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Would you like a tissue?

Nah, I'm just happy you're in the clear for a month or so.
Old 01-20-05, 09:45 PM   #106
thunderhippo
Quadcore Vista Confusion

I love wow.
Just canceled EQ2. I was level 12 for 3 weeks.. jeez
thunderhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:58 PM   #107
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I have a 33 Paladin on Frostwolf server. Its one of the servers that is borked right now heh.

I was reading through the first few pages, and I dont think I would have any right to get upset if they took away some of Paladins power. When Im in a fight with horde or NPCs I have like 3 or 4 lives where as they have only one, not to mention the armor on my legs and chest is probably higher than any comparable level horde characters whole body. I came to realise Paladins needed to be detuned when I could roll through just about any class horde around 7-8 levels higher than me with absolute ease, hell a couple weeks ago I killed a 37 Tauren shaman with my Paly and I was only lvl 29 at the time. One would think even if the player sucked that was the higher level, the level gap alone would be enough to beat me.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:05 PM   #108
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Just purge a pally, lay down some totems, watch confusion set in and beat on him..lol

Shammy and pally fights rock.