Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-05, 12:02 AM   #25
Razor1

Default Re: mandatory monthly anti-ATI goodness

ok the normalization heuristics for the fx one can be switched form 16 to 32 there is no difference in speed though still going well over 500 fps it goes from like 550 to 525 but its very variable can't really tell

Oh he is talking about his own "this Blinn shader where light is attenuated according to a radial distance from the source" but I can tell this right now I've seen much more complex lighting simulations done in real time onthe gf 6 and even fx I think it might have been due to early driver bugs that slowed it down.

Check out gpu gems "uber-light" shader, its very similiar to what Pixar uses but its done in real time.
Old 01-31-05, 12:14 AM   #26
gram_vaz
Cybersix

ah, ok. thanx for clearing that up. nice to get into a constructive argument with someone that doesn't label ppl that disagree with them as an imbecile.
Old 01-31-05, 11:15 AM   #27
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram_vaz
ah, ok. thanx for clearing that up. nice to get into a constructive argument with someone that doesn't label ppl that disagree with them as an imbecile.
That's about as much credit as your propencity to label people that disagree with you a "fanboy".

Please drive through.
Old 01-31-05, 09:38 PM   #28
gram_vaz
Cybersix

lol, calm down. take a breather. i'm sorry u took everything i said so personally. but u did go on and on about how ignorant i was before i called u a fanboy.
Old 02-01-05, 12:31 PM   #29
oldsk00l

no, misinformed, not ignorant

Apparently when correctly informed you still retain the veil of delusion that you're some kind of paragon of virtue.
Old 02-01-05, 02:17 PM   #30
Daneel Olivaw
Northwood hugger

Oldskool, are you pissed at everything these days? ATI, CNN, (France), etc, (I'm no genius, that big F U sig of yours is a dead giveaway) and I'm sure I'm missing some. But all you seem to be doing is starting crap shooting threads...
I'll agree the general consensus is that ATI's linux support is far from stellar, but from where I stand your claim that ATI sucks is neither defendable nor refutable, it's simply a feeling you have that others should be free not to share, like love or fear, and does not warrant your beating up gram_vaz. Unless there's a history I'm not familiar with. I believe he's been quite reasonable.

Mild agnosticism —the view that the existence or nonexistence of God or gods is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable, therefore one will withhold judgment until/if more evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say "I don't know, but maybe you do."

Last edited by Daneel Olivaw; 02-01-05 at 02:25 PM. Reason: removed inflammatory material: a bit relating to oldskool's obvious disdain of what is not patriotically american. Namely, the fact that ATI is canadian (to a degree).
Old 02-02-05, 10:15 AM   #31
DSC

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33784907

Nuff said.
Old 02-02-05, 11:28 AM   #32
Daneel Olivaw
Northwood hugger

All true, though it wasn't my point. "Nuff said" I also agree with.

Mild agnosticism —the view that the existence or nonexistence of God or gods is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable, therefore one will withhold judgment until/if more evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say "I don't know, but maybe you do."

Old 02-02-05, 11:44 PM   #33
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneel Olivaw
Oldskool, are you pissed at everything these days? ATI, CNN, (France), etc, (I'm no genius, that big F U sig of yours is a dead giveaway) and I'm sure I'm missing some. But all you seem to be doing is starting crap shooting threads...
I'll agree the general consensus is that ATI's linux support is far from stellar, but from where I stand your claim that ATI sucks is neither defendable nor refutable, it's simply a feeling you have that others should be free not to share, like love or fear, and does not warrant your beating up gram_vaz. Unless there's a history I'm not familiar with. I believe he's been quite reasonable.
If you think I've been doing "nothing but starting crap shooting threads" I suggest you search my posts.

Canada's a good neighbor, and there is no beef w/ATI about that. My beef with ATI is that they...well....suck. There is plenty of reason to see them as a "sucky" company, beyond the point of opinion to the point of fact. The factual basis for this is on the derogatory definition of the word "suck" as you can find in a dictionary

Quote:
1. To draw (liquid) into the mouth by movements of the tongue and lips that create suction.
1. To draw in by establishing a partial vacuum: a cleaning device that sucks up dirt.
2. To draw in by or as if by a current in a fluid.
3. To draw or pull as if by suction: teenagers who are sucked into a life of crime.
3. To draw nourishment through or from: suck a baby bottle.
4. To hold, moisten, or maneuver (a sweet, for example) in the mouth.
5. Vulgar Slang. To perform fellatio on.
Which leads to the definition of "sucking" to "perform fellatio on". As it is inherently vulgar, that too is also a deferring derogatory definition as when someone says "that <insert diregatory phrase for fellatio" it is for a negative reason. Their Linux support, reactionary research and development, and poor software-in-general is plenty cause for negative inference.

To say ATI "doesn't suck" represents misinformation about ATI.

I feel perfectly justified in saying that it is FACT that they suck. For the same negative reference HardOCP says 3dmark "sucks" (which is fact, 3dmark does SUCK) I say that about ATI.

If you don't like my stance against un-patriotic people that's just too damn bad, why aren't you busy being patriotic about Canada? Or your neighbor? Or are you more proud of Europe than your own country?

Shame, shame, but I don't want this thread going to the political forum, so let's just keep it to ATI bashing please
Old 02-04-05, 04:11 PM   #34
PauloMorfeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsk00l
If you don't like my stance against un-patriotic people ... Or are you more proud of Europe than your own country?
And now a message for France...
Yeap. It is pretty clear why so many people are starting to really hate the extreme arrogance of the USA government as well as it's citizens.

And after that, you'll just complaint about another plane falling on top of your stupid head.

And now a message for USA, FOX, and oldsk00l.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Old 02-04-05, 05:01 PM   #35
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloMorfeo
Yeap. It is pretty clear why so many people are starting to really hate the extreme arrogance of the USA government as well as it's citizens.

And after that, you'll just complaint about another plane falling on top of your stupid head.
While we're getting planes landing on us, we'll quit buying all of Europe's worthless GARBAGE, then you'll be out of a job.

However, if another plane lands on us, we'll just take out those associated with responsibility...like we did last time.

Don't give me that "Osama is on the run still" guff either. Al-quaeda has been largely decimated and nearly lacks the ability to even operate. Enjoy your crappy cars, economy, low resources, and snobby neighbors.

Quite frankly the best thing about a trip to Europe is coming home.
Old 02-04-05, 11:08 PM   #36
Q

Only you can prevent forest fires.
Closed Thread