Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default Pic sigs

What is the chance of it happening?
Old 11-24-02, 10:37 AM   #2
volt

I believe 0 to none
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 12:47 PM   #3
Mod

I was trying to put a pic signature yesterday... I didn't notice that we couldn't do it here.

BTW, Happy 1000 posts K.I.L.E.R and Volt !
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 12:59 PM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

yeah no pic sigs to keep it easy on dial up users

/me pokes saturn
Old 11-24-02, 01:07 PM   #5
volt

Thanks Mod
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 01:24 PM   #6
Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
yeah no pic sigs to keep it easy on dial up users
This gives me an idea. There should be an option to select what kind of pic you would like to see. Usual pics(and/or)sig pics. If you disable any of them, you would just see the link to that kind of pic.

This option should be easily available to visitors, I don't know how, but shouldn't be something dificult to implement

Last edited by Mod; 11-24-02 at 01:28 PM.
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 08:37 PM   #7
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mod
This gives me an idea. There should be an option to select what kind of pic you would like to see. Usual pics(and/or)sig pics. If you disable any of them, you would just see the link to that kind of pic.

This option should be easily available to visitors, I don't know how, but shouldn't be something dificult to implement

i agree. that would be a very useful option/feature that should be easily implemented.

of course, i think there should also be restrictions on image dimensions so they don't screw up the window formatting like posting normal pics does on so many forums.
Old 11-24-02, 08:46 PM   #8
The Baron

maybe a thumbnail hack? Takes the image, scales it down so the larger dimension is 400 pixels and then links it to the original?

Old 11-24-02, 08:58 PM   #9
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
maybe a thumbnail hack? Takes the image, scales it down so the larger dimension is 400 pixels and then links it to the original?
All that does is resize the image - it doesn't make the file itself a smaller download. If you want to have a picture, make it an offsite link in your signature. If people want to see it, they'll click on it, if not, no harm no foul.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 09:31 PM   #10
fastguy94416
The Shadow

keep it simple, stupid

Nice little saying. If we start with sig pics were gonna end up like MadOnion's forums
fastguy94416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 09:38 PM   #11
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by fastguy94416
Nice little saying. If we start with sig pics were gonna end up like MadOnion's forums
And that was the exact reason why pics in signatures will never happen. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but this is how it's going to be as long as current staff/admins/mods are around.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 10:01 PM   #12
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Realx, I was asking for the probability.