Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-05, 06:59 AM   #1
ST:DS9

Default Finally got to play Vampire Bloodlines after months of constant crashing...

I bought this game when it hit the shelves. I have not been able to play this game until today because it would always crash during the intro cutscene. I have done many things to get this game running. But there was one thing I didn't think about, my motherboard. I had the MSI K7N2 NForce 2 motherboard. In fact it seems that games that have come out recently have been crashing, but vampires was the worse. I could play the other games for a while before a crash. So I bought a Giga-Byte KVT600-P-RZ motherboard. I have now played Bloodlines for 5 hours today with no crashes at all. Also the game performs great. I also no longer get crashes in HL2, MOH:PA, and Chronicles of Riddick. I wonder why my Nforce 2 board was not stable, it still played games that came out before those games listed above just fine with no crashes, then all of the sudden it crashes on the new games, except for Doom 3, kinda strange.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-05, 07:04 AM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Finally got to play Vampire Bloodlines after months of constant crashing...

I don't think people give the KT600 enough credit. It's not a bad chipset at all for the money. I just put together a system for a friend of mine whose old machine burned out. Put in the MSI KT600 board, an AXP 3200+ and Radeon 9600 Pro and he's loving it. He can finally play HL2 now.

Glad to see everything worked out and that you're enjoying the game. There's nothing more frustrating than putting together a system and finding out something is causing you trouble.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 07:10 AM   #3

Default Re: Finally got to play Vampire Bloodlines after months of constant crashing...

Do you have Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Chronicles of Riddick, or HL2? Vampires and those games were the only games that were crashing. Vampires was the most extreme. HL2 was anywhere from 30 minuts to 2 hours before a crash but mostly around 2 hours. Riddick would crash very spuradically, sometime I could play for 3 hours with no crash, and other times I could play for 10 minutes and get a crash, never in the same spot. Medal of Honor Pacific assualt would usually crash evey 45minutes to 1 hour of playing. Everyother game I have including Doom 3 and Far Cry would not crash at all, but only those 4 games I stated. But now none of my games crash. Vampires would always crash during the first cutscene, 100% of the time. But now I can play for hours and I still have not had a crash. There was something about my motherboard that didn't like those 4 games, don't know if it is my motherboards fault or if the developers who made the game didn't do good enough testing.
Old 01-31-05, 07:07 AM   #4
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

so how is the game then?

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 04:18 AM   #5

The game is awesome. Really immersive. Bloodlines would be a good canidate for RPG of the Year. I don't know why people would compare this game to Dues Ex, these games are competely different. Deus Ex is a FPS where you get to level up your character, where as Bloodlines is a RPG.
Old 02-06-05, 10:33 AM   #6
Rakeesh

The game itself is good, but it has so many embarrassing technical flaws, which is why it gets so many poor reviews.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 10:39 AM   #7
Tr1cK
not coming back

Sounds like a bad board. I just sold my NF2 to a friend who plays it like its going out of style.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 11:15 AM   #8
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
embarrassing technical flaws
Can we say Source Engine?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-05, 04:54 PM   #9
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
my mobo is a MSI K7N2 NForce 2... i dont have bloodlines but i havent experienced any game crash on other games...
I also have an MSI K7N2Delta ILSR with an XP2500 and I am utterly amazed at the rock solid (were talking granite, not limestone) stability of this system. HL2 is the only game to give me issues, but it seems the devs have finally worked most of it out.

Don't know why yours wasn't. Defective, possible.

Anyway, enjoy your setup!
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 07:39 PM   #10
Titan's Revenge
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
Can we say Source Engine?
Umm. No.

The blame should be placed on the ones who created the game rather than the engine. We didn't have the same problems in HL2, so it's obviously not the engine.

Bloodlines gets my vote for worst introduction ever. Looked like an 8th grader made it in an hour.
Titan's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 12:50 AM   #11
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan's Revenge
Umm. No.

The blame should be placed on the ones who created the game rather than the engine. We didn't have the same problems in HL2, so it's obviously not the engine.

Bloodlines gets my vote for worst introduction ever. Looked like an 8th grader made it in an hour.
Umm...no, actually the thing with bloodlines is that it has many of the same bugs as HL2.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 06:17 AM   #12
|MaguS|

Vampire crashed all the time for me but HL2 never crashed at all for me...