Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-02-05, 10:11 AM   #13
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Default Re: EQ2: Perfect Patch?

Armor differientation isn't any better, people that looked just like me before look just like me now, but with new lame looking armor, but still look like me nonetheless. I still lag with my 6800GT and there are still mem leaks....

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 11:17 AM   #14
bmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
SK horse is black? Hopefully they didnt make it prissy like Paladin horse. Oh god save me from that!
Hey now! I love my horse.

I have to admit that the SK's horse does look cool though.
bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 01:23 PM   #15
saweetnesstrev

FREE Ipods: Click Here! ,,, no advertising plz
saweetnesstrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 01:41 PM   #16
|MaguS|

Not spamming the forum or forcing you to click the link. Its a signature... Works btw ^_^
Old 02-03-05, 05:33 AM   #17
Blacklash
8^9^3

Nothing is quite as funny to me as a gnome or any other shorty on a horse.

EQ 2 has been improving and unfortunately I am already bored again with MMORPGs like it. Guess I will fall back on FPS for awhile.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 05:52 AM   #18
|MaguS|

I've learned not to burn myself out, I play about 4 to 5 hours a day at max, even on my days off. I've been playing slow, only lvl 25 since launch.
Old 02-03-05, 05:58 AM   #19
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg
Hey now! I love my horse.

I have to admit that the SK's horse does look cool though.

I'm sorry.. did I insult your cinderella horse?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:28 AM   #20
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I got for about 10min, then I realized it's as boring as it was before, maybe when more raid content comes out. Yes yes, I know; EVEN EQ1 only had a few mobs to raid at the beginning. So as my 43 warden waits for more stuff, and maybe better xp on quests would be nice, I'll be trying to get 36 today on my rogue on WoW hehe. If one MMORPG falls, I'll have a high level in the other, that's the game plan!!

Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:

Old 02-03-05, 08:31 AM   #21
PeterJensen

I also play like 3-4 hours on work days and maybe a little more in the weekends. Im only a level 11 Priest and i having the best fun in anny MMORPG yet. I have met about 5 people that i play with often, even 1 from canada
I also played the WoW EU beta and i think EQ2 beats it with no doubt. I like the more realistic look of EQ2 and the amazing weapon and armor detail.
Old 02-03-05, 08:57 AM   #22
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen
I also play like 3-4 hours on work days and maybe a little more in the weekends. Im only a level 11 Priest and i having the best fun in anny MMORPG yet. I have met about 5 people that i play with often, even 1 from canada
I also played the WoW EU beta and i think EQ2 beats it with no doubt. I like the more realistic look of EQ2 and the amazing weapon and armor detail.
I'm going to make a 180 really fast on my views of EQ2, yes I've tried to back-up EQ2's graphics and gameplay, but I was really biased back then, having played both WoW and EQ2, I feel I can speak out.

EQ2's armor IS detailed, very detailed. Some quite pretty. But, everything looks the same; yea, they supposedly increased character differientation by having armor look different now, but everyone who looked the same as me before still looks the same, just with new lamer looking armor (my new armor looks like Fury Armor Quest armor you get at lvl 20!!) I used to match, but now I just look like a mess. Weapons; they are detailed, very pretty and everything, but they look the same as lower ones most of the time. Daggers look nearly the same, swords are the same way, Schimitars all look the same, flails are the same way, staves, most look the same, bows, yep.

I will Also admit that EQ2's lowbie content is amazing, it's a blast 20 under, but after that, you begin to see that EQ2 is a grindfest, and quests are hardly worth it. Quest gear isn't all that rewarding, bar heritage quests and some major high-end group-only ones. Quest xp is horrible, doing a long quest just to find out I get a mere 1-4% xp usually (which is 1-4 blues out of 100), but almost never 4 blues, usually just like 2 or 3. The only way to get decent quest xp is to do turn ins after your vitality wears off (your quest xp doubles when it does). The quests don't have much of a story behind them, most are basically "I need a goblin ear, so go get me some" Or "These deer are eating my flowers, kill them" Quests in the beginning have nice stories behind them, whereas higher up you don't really notice a story to them at all.

I think if EQ2 can get better higher end content rather than just a grind-fest, i.e. more raid mobs, and some better quests, I think EQ2 will have a chance to be great.

What WoW does to compensate for the grindfest is PvP, and soon Battle Grounds. This is where it has the advantage for high levels, well, I'm only 34 right now...but I'll get there soon enough. Battle Grounds will reward people for winning the battle against the opposing team, which is a great idea. Hero Classes are soon also. Yes, I know EQ2 has a unique Title system to increase differientation, but that's just a title, and half the people don't wear them because they take up half the screen, and get annoying during fights.

This Patch did a lot involving the amount of quests and spell/ability fixing, but it didn't do much to relieve the pain of grinding, or making armor look any better, at least for leather-wearers like me, or the technical side of it.

I could go on about how I hate how everything feels so enclosed, even the Commonlands feels like I'm in a cage because I can see the other end of it from the end I'm at, and Enchanted Lands is just as bad, but I won't lol.

Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
Old 02-03-05, 10:45 AM   #23
pingu2

yep pretty great patch!

added new zones too - i love getting new zones! best thing about the patch though was the change to the way heroic opportunities (special moves in combat where your group works together to create a move-effect-combo-thing) work, and now they are pretty cool

only problem with it is they nerfed agility buffs too much, rendering troubadours the least desirable class but hopefully they can modify that somehow..
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote