Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-05, 09:42 PM   #25
Cota

Default nHancer

nVidia tool: Replacement profile editor

Here some highlights of nHancer:

Uses the nVidia internal profile system, i.e. as soon as a profile has been defined, it will automatically be activated by the driver as soon as the respective game has been started. There is no need for manual profile activation or creation of special shortcuts etc.

Adds several options that are not available through the standard nVidia control panel, like "inofficial" AA modes and detailed SLI compatibility flags.

Even more options might be included in future versions.
Uses and updates the nvapps.xml file that's also used by nVidia's control panel.

No need to click "Ok" or "Apply", every click on an option is immediately written to the registry and the nvapps.xml file.

Automatically detects if another application (like the nVidia cp, aTuner or RivaTuner) changes the registry and/or the file nvapps.xml and will immediately update its own user interface to reflect the changes. Because of that, nHancer can remain active all the time, even when using other tools and running a game (doesn't eat any CPU-cycles whatsoever).

Allows to export and import all or single game profiles into a separate file. So you can create your own database of game profiles which you can also share on the internet. Especially usefull to share SLI profiles for games which are not directly SLI-supported by nVidia themselves.

get it from guru3d
Old 02-03-05, 09:56 PM   #26
Clay

Default Re: nHancer

Will be interesting to see how it compares to YAPE (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45204)

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Old 02-03-05, 10:00 PM   #27
OWA

Hmm, some of the description (wording) seems very similar. I wonder if they're the same thing and are just being called by different names.

Edit: I think it's the same utility. The screenshots at guru3d are the same as the ones in the YAPE thread. The title on the screenshot even says YAPE.
Old 02-03-05, 10:08 PM   #28
Cota

Its the same one

Author changed name because of the c-64 emulator YAPE (Yet Another Pet Emulator)
Old 02-03-05, 10:12 PM   #29
Clay

Ahhhh, ok...thanks for clarifying guys. I'd not gone to Guru3D yet.

*merged*

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Old 02-03-05, 10:18 PM   #30
Cota

Default Re: New nVidia tool: Replacement profile editor, SLI enabled

I was just about to ask to merge the threads, tnx

BTW Clay you might want to edit your post as the threads are merged
Old 02-04-05, 12:15 AM   #31
s-flow

Old 02-04-05, 12:47 AM   #32
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Wow, pretty nice tool, if I had a 6x00 card I'd jump on this one in a heartbeat (even though I don't use the profile manager much).

Old 02-04-05, 02:14 AM   #33
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Cool utility. Thanks.

Just one suggestion though. Is there any way you can hide the SLI stuff for people that don't have a SLI setup? It was a little confusing to me at first seeing all the SLI: AFR labels and other SLI modes listed beside the profiles. My initial thought was that the utility messed something up but then saw that it didn't really seem to affect anything.

Anyway, thanks for the effort. It's appreciated.
Well, I'll certainly consider that for the next release. Since the options just don't do anything at all if you don't have an SLI setup, it didn't think it would be much of a problem. But you're right, it can be confusing.

Thanks for your input!
Old 02-04-05, 02:15 AM   #34
TierMann
Bite my shiny, metal @ss!

Working good here. Nice work
Athlon XP 3000+ | ECS KM400M2 3.0 | 512mb DDR333 | PNY 5200 Ultra
TV-Tuner | Silver Aspire X-Qpack w/Windows | WinXP MCE 2005 | 200Gb Storage
DVD Collection -- MySpace
Old 02-04-05, 02:18 AM   #35
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cota
nVidia tool: Replacement profile editor
[...]
get it from guru3d
I know this, I put YAPE into guru's forum and the operator of Guru3D immediately put it into his own download section.

I chattet with him a bit and mentioned that I'm planning to change the name of the tool, since YAPE seems already be taken. He went ahead, a little prematurely, and changed it himself to the name I had in mind (nHancer) in his own download section.

I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion...

And thanks again to all for your testing! Very much appreciated!
Old 02-07-05, 03:53 AM   #36
Grestorn
nHancer

I just release a new version of this tool.

See this thread @ guru3d for more info.
Closed Thread