Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-05, 05:50 AM   #49
ChrisRay

Default Re: New nVidia tool: Replacement profile editor, SLI enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grestorn
Ah, now I get you. You're talking about the "locked" options

Yes, I can understand that. Right now, you can just remove the "predefined" tag in the nvapps.xml file, then nHancer will allow you to edit that option.

But I'll put your request on my list. There will be an "advanced" mode in one of the next releases, which will allow to change even "predefined" settings.

Excellent! That would extremely useful. So far I am liking your application alot. I am curious you are trying to replace the driver panel or just the profile manager? I like the fact that you have included the advanced AA options. It's much easier to use this application for enabling/disabling AA than RivaTuner.

This is an excellent program. Once I get a feel for it I intend to write it into my SLI analysis guide.

Chris
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 02-07-05, 05:59 AM   #50
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Excellent! That would extremely useful. So far I am liking your application alot. I am curious you are trying to replace the driver panel or just the profile manager? I like the fact that you have included the advanced AA options. It's much easier to use this application for enabling/disabling AA than RivaTuner.

This is an excellent program. Once I get a feel for it I intend to write it into my SLI analysis guide.

Chris
Thanks

Well, I'm not sure if I'll implement all the options of the control panel. Where would I stop? The color profiles and nView options are very very complex.

Not that I couldn't do it, but it's a lot of work, and there's no immediate need, as far as I see it. The profile management in the control panel is just bad, at the brink of being unusable. That's why I wrote the program.

Now, in the unlikely case that nVidia would actually pay me to replace their control panel, I'd certainly be happy to do it...
Old 02-07-05, 06:49 AM   #51
wEEt
I miserably failed

Send a message via ICQ to wEEt Send a message via Yahoo to wEEt

nHancer will be part of the official 75 Release...I hope

Visit Killswitch Engage - Best Band Ever!
Old 02-07-05, 10:20 AM   #52
Grestorn
nHancer

There has been a small bugfix to nHancer (after closing it while being minimized, there was no way to get it back in a normal window).

The corrected version can be downloaded here: nHancer1.0.1.zip
Old 02-08-05, 01:33 AM   #53
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
I never understood why nVidia "hides" some of the profiles. BTW, there is no "hidden section" in nvapps.xml.

But why hassel with the control panel's wierd functionality, if there's a much better alternative?!
I didn't say there was a hidden section, just that its set so alot of profiles don't show up in the Control Panel, and that it conflicts when trying to add your own profile.

You are right, there now is a much better way to edit the Profiles, plus even the "hidden" profiles are there. Not as cofigurable as RivaTuners Profile editor, but a huge deal easier to use.

Two Thumbs up from me
Old 02-08-05, 01:45 AM   #54
Optimummind

I get this error message everytime I try to double-click the .msi file.

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

I already installed the .NET Framework v1.1 as well as its update from WindowsUpdate.com.

Can you send me the .exe file version if there is one?

I can install programs with the .exe extension but not the .msi. As a reference, I'm having the same error when trying to install the nvTweak application.

Edit: BTW, my email addy is logicow79@yahoo.com
=eVGA GeForce GTX 570HD SuperClock
=8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
=Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Old 02-08-05, 02:14 AM   #55
Optimummind

Ok, I figured out how to install nHancer and nvTweak. I took a guess and placed both .msi files in the system32 folder and double-click them.

Voila! they installed.
=Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Old 02-08-05, 02:43 AM   #56
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimummind
Ok, I figured out how to install nHancer and nvTweak. I took a guess and placed both .msi files in the system32 folder and double-click them.

Voila! they installed.
It seems like you have a Problem with your MS Installer, which is a standard component of Win 2k and WinXP.

I can't tell what's wrong with that from here, but you should definitely check your system. My best bet would be to do a repair installation of Win XP - sounds drastic, but it's ususally the best way to fix a somewhat strange setup.

Old 02-10-05, 01:38 AM   #57
Optimummind

Quote:
It seems like you have a Problem with your MS Installer, which is a standard component of Win 2k and WinXP.

I can't tell what's wrong with that from here, but you should definitely check your system. My best bet would be to do a repair installation of Win XP - sounds drastic, but it's ususally the best way to fix a somewhat strange setup.
My system is pretty much minty fresh though. I did a fresh install a while ago with a WinXP Pro w/SP2 slipstreamed. After the major drivers and updates are installed, I install the most critical and often-used programs then I ghost it even before I add any GPU or audio drivers.

And I go back to my virgin ghost image every once a while.

Hm..i dont' know. At least it installed when I put those 2 inside the system32 folder.
=Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Old 02-10-05, 05:20 PM   #58
Optimummind

Default Re: nHancer - replacement profile editor & SLI enabled

I have a suggestion for nHancer. Can you make it so that when one is exporting the profile, there is a "Select All" button?

Also, can you make it so that nHancer can "remember" your previous choices you made when clicking certain game profiles but not others when exporting?

I think these changes will make the program more user-friendly. thanks for this awesome program! I'm totally loving it!!
=Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Old 02-11-05, 12:40 AM   #59
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
I have a suggestion for nHancer. Can you make it so that when one is exporting the profile, there is a "Select All" button?
Well, since you're the third person to request such a function, I guess I don't have any other choice but to comply, have I?

Until I'll come around releasing the next version, you can work around this by shift-clicking to select multiple (or all) entries, then click on the checkbutton once to (de)select them all.

Quote:
Also, can you make it so that nHancer can "remember" your previous choices you made when clicking certain game profiles but not others when exporting?
That might be more difficult though, since I would have to add this information (what the user previously checked) to the nvapps.xml, which would in turn may cause compatibility problems with nVidia's own control panel.

Is there anyone else who'd like to see such a feature?

Quote:
thanks for this awesome program! I'm totally loving it!!
Thanks to you, and all others of course, for your kind words.
Old 02-11-05, 11:23 AM   #60
JoKeRr

NV should get u hired, right now.
P4 3.0C 30 capper @3.6ghz 1.475V Vcore, Asus P4P800, Gigabyte Geforce 6800GT with NV5, 2x512mb Crucial BallisitiX 2.5-2-2-5 at DDR480, samsung 172T, Enermax Noisetaker 475W, TR XP-90 +panaflo 92mm high, 200gb Seagate, 250gb Maxtor SATA, + 80gb Maxtor, 80gb Raptor ADFD!! D-Link 108mbps PCI wireless card + Atheros Driver, MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, Logitech Elite Keyboard

Laptop: Toshiba A100-OFH: Core Dual A2050--1.6ghz X2 @ 533FSB, 1gb DDR2, 15.4'' WXGA glare screen, DVD-RW, 100gb HDD, Intel GMA950, WinXP SP2 Home edition, Office XP
Closed Thread