Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-05, 04:00 AM   #49
|MaguS|

Default Re: gaming fees...?

Only if you own those MMOs already though...
Old 05-16-05, 03:58 PM   #50
Goth

For a Game like WoW i don't mind paying to play because it saves me money
I haven't needed to buy a new game for 5 months now and I might not get another till Xmas time at this rate.
BFG 6800 Ultra OC
Maxtor 80GB ATA133
Sony 16X DVD RW
WinTV 250
SuperFlower 550w PSU 30A 12V Rail
WinXP x64
Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 04:09 PM   #51
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
that's why i dont play online
^

i think people should pay for thier game once & thats when they buy it wether its a MMORPG or other generations .. they should not be responsible for paying more afterwards.
i can't stand the idea of that if i didnt or couldnt pay the monthly fees for the game , i will not able to play it even for the fact that i've already purchased this game for something like $45.
if the game's development/servers cost a lot then raise the game's price tag , but let me play in peace afterwards & dont bother me with more fees.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 04:27 PM   #52
|MaguS|

So by your point of view, MMORPG players should be paying about $150+ for thier games since that is what the monthly fees that are used to substain the servers and additional content are used for...
Old 05-16-05, 05:46 PM   #53
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
So by your point of view, MMORPG players should be paying about $150+ for thier games since that is what the monthly fees that are used to substain the servers and additional content are used for...
I dont know what other players might think about that , but i would pay those fees in advance in form of an extra cost added to the price tag rather than having to pay fees with each month passes .. as least you pay only once & you enjoy the game the rest of the time or till you are done with it.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 05:49 PM   #54
|MaguS|

Yeah well, lets say im glad you don't decide how the MMORPG industry works... Im glad they are doing it the way they are now. If someone can't afford to pay monthly for it then they should stick to traditional online games...
Old 05-16-05, 06:36 PM   #55
ChrisRay

MMORPG's recieve support no other games do. You can argue some games get some beta updates every now and then but these games are updated regularly.Both EQ 2 and WoW have seen some massive content changes over the last 6 months.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 06:37 PM   #56
FraGTastiK
'

yep they need the monthly fee to keep everything going and going well.I will pay them willingly up untill the moment I feel they are sucking at monthly fees and the game is not receiving a good maintenance.thats when I go play Dungeon Siege instead :-)
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-05, 03:10 AM   #57
ynnek

On the other side of the fence, NeverWinter NIghts has a good thing going.. You can setup a persistant world server for people log in and play.. I look foward to NWN2 and Dragon Age.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:09 AM   #58
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

15$ a month aint **** really
it could be:

a few packs of cigs
1/4 a tank of gas ( )
12 pack of beer
dinner @ a restaurant
and various other stuff you dont need that i dont feel like thinking of
ect. ect

if you want to save 5$ a month get the prepaid cards they are like 30 bones for 3 months.

like 2$ a day for your MMORPG that is getting more worth that the 2$ a day that sally struthers wants to innoculate diseased children in new barkistan or w/e.

yeah!

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:40 PM   #59
ST:DS9

So how does Guild Wars get away with not having a monthly fee?
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 02:00 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Its not a MMORPG and everything is instance. Thier servers do not need to support over 100 people in a single area. After 40 or so, it creates a new lobby, all the adventure areas are limited to groups.

Thier server costs are tiny compared to a MMORPGs.

Basically the same way Blizzard got away with it in Diablo 1/2, They are the same type of game...