crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 09:13 PM   #4
Bah!

Default Re: Tabula Rasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Anyone playing this?

I am, and enjoying it atm.

I was in beta for a long time and didn't care for it too much. But recently Gogamer had it on their 48 hr. madness sale for $24 and i grabbed a copy.

Its improved a good bit and i'm enjoying it enough that i'll probably keep playing when the free time is up.

No clue how long i'll keep playing it, but so far it's fun and i still have my WoW account for a change of pace.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 06:38 PM   #5
Tr1cK
not coming back

I'm gonna give this game a shot. Some friends are raving about it.

I will be on the Pegasus server.

Oh, looks like Amazon.com has it for $25 right now.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 07:14 PM   #6
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I'm gonna give this game a shot. Some friends are raving about it.

I will be on the Pegasus server.

Oh, looks like Amazon.com has it for $25 right now.

Gogamer.com is selling the Collectors Edition for $29.90, which is a pretty good deal as well.
Old 12-09-07, 07:15 PM   #7
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

you will wish you were never born after playing this POS
Old 12-10-07, 08:00 PM   #8
Tr1cK
not coming back

Well Lord, you were almost right. I am still very glad to have been born, but sad to waste money on this game. Don't ever let someone talk you into a game. Some peoples expectations are just low I guess.

My problems with the game:
  1. crappy graphics engine that runs slow and looks like balls
  2. can't enable AA without disabling the lighting which kills graphics even more
  3. ton of bugged out mobs
  4. UI is a POS with next to no customization (you figure people would try to copy WoWs customizability by now)
  5. clone system is decent idea, but current implementation is flawed
  6. crafting is a joke which you must waste skill points that could be assigned to combat skills on
  7. ton of useless items, itemization is laughable

The game is VERY generic.
If it ran better and looked better, then I could possibly hold out on some of the other flaws, but this is pure crap. I really don't see how anybody could overlook all these issues after higher quality games like WoW and EQ2 have been around. This seems like typical Korean MMO garbage. I would rather play Dungeon Runners than this.

Old 12-10-07, 09:29 PM   #9
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

hehe, told ya so
Old 12-12-07, 01:32 PM   #10
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Well Lord, you were almost right. I am still very glad to have been born, but sad to waste money on this game. Don't ever let someone talk you into a game. Some peoples expectations are just low I guess.

My problems with the game:
  1. crappy graphics engine that runs slow and looks like balls
  2. can't enable AA without disabling the lighting which kills graphics even more
  3. ton of bugged out mobs
  4. UI is a POS with next to no customization (you figure people would try to copy WoWs customizability by now)
  5. clone system is decent idea, but current implementation is flawed
  6. crafting is a joke which you must waste skill points that could be assigned to combat skills on
  7. ton of useless items, itemization is laughable

The game is VERY generic.
If it ran better and looked better, then I could possibly hold out on some of the other flaws, but this is pure crap. I really don't see how anybody could overlook all these issues after higher quality games like WoW and EQ2 have been around. This seems like typical Korean MMO garbage. I would rather play Dungeon Runners than this.

1)To each his own, but there is nothing wrong with the graphics in TR. In fact when you have everything jacked up they are pretty damn nice. Looks better than both WoW and EQ2, and runs better than EQ2.

2)Turn the rez up higher and the lack of AA is not as big of a deal. It sucks, but its not gamebreaking.

3)There are a few here and there, i haven't noticed "tons" and definitely not enough to ruin my gameplay experience.

4)This is currently my biggest gripe with the game, i hate the UI and pray they make it at least movable and resizable, if nothing else.

5) Don't see how you can really complain about the Clone system, it's awesome compared to every other game out there. I'd kill for this feature in WoW.

6)So make one of your clones a crafter? I hate crafting in MMOGs anyway, so i can't really empathize.

7)Itemization is a bit weak, i've yet to find any really high grade or "special" items.

Basically, if you are willing to give these issues a pass, it seems your major gripe is with performance and graphics, which are both fine.

I run the game with everything maxed out, 1680x1050, and never go below 45fps at any time and it looks beautiful. I'd check your drivers or settings, because it should run much better for you than you are claiming.
Old 12-12-07, 01:42 PM   #11
Tr1cK
not coming back

I've checked everything. I run 1680x1050 and it looks like crap. You can not run AA with Deferred Lighting, period. I refuse to play any game with jaggies. I didn't buy an 8800 to see jaggies.

The game still has a ton of useless, bugged crap in it. There is still no endgame. It's just a shooter fest. I feel much better playing TF2 than this pile. Why would anyone want to work through a buggy, junky looking game when their is no endgame objective and no class balance to boot? Every class has something bugged or useless.

The game is typical Korean MMO trash. WoW has set the benchmark for new MMOs to achieve. This game doesn't even come close. You better believe the 'next big thing' will. How does Lord British expect to sell this crap? He needs to pull his head out of his ass and team with someone better than NCSoft for one. And for two, he needs to quit thinking he's the king because of UO. The reason they put his name on the box is to try to sell it, without it, nobody would have went for it.
Old 12-12-07, 01:44 PM   #12
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master