Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-15-05, 02:42 PM   #25
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: WoW Players...

yah me too. I'm on the Windrunner PVE server. Runnin my own guild + i'm still alliance. but no gankers at least, unless u go raiding.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 02:46 PM   #26
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
This is exactly why I switched to a PVE server. It was worth it.
I hear you...but I got 2 months invested in my L47 Rogue. I don't want to do that again. Problem is after L45 he has been pretty much stagnant. Can't quest. Can't win against 3 - 5 level 49 - 60 Alliance. Hell I usually get ganked 3+ times just traveling from the quest giver to the quest area, only to find 2 or 3 groups of Alliance waiting there to kill and corpse camp me. Can't level anymore so he can "defend" himself. Bah!

I mean some of these guys literally stalk one area for days on end. You leave and return to the quest area 4 times a day for 4 days and the same guy is there with 3 or 4 partners that vary from time to time, doing the same thing every time. I guess there's nothing else to do at level 60 but sit around a level 20 - 40 quest area and rape/grief people huh?
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 03:03 PM   #27
peeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper106
lvl 36 Orc Warrior "GoreLust" on ThunderLord server, If any are on that server, Its a PvP server.. lets hook up.have a great guild and have openings for any Nvnews person.. Unless yer a alliance member.. Then Die Scum!!! bwahahaha
I....will...kick...your...ass...once I am 30s. 26 NE Warrior on ThunderLord so watch you ass.
peeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 03:05 PM   #28
peeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
The PvP servers are pointless IMO.
You are missing the fun. PvP servers pwn...trust me if you want to fight PvE go to CoH. Worthless grind.

Last edited by peeon; 02-15-05 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-15-05, 03:14 PM   #29
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeon
You are missing the fun. PvP servers pwn...trust me if you want to fight PvE go to CoH. Wrothless grind.
Haha. I bet your character is Alliance too huh?
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 04:13 PM   #30
peeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
Haha. I bet your character is Alliance too huh?
Yes

I never knew the difference between horde to alliance members was that extreme. I thought it was more a 2:1 ratio. If I knew that, I would have joined horde server. Since I have invested too much time into the alliance char and many of my buddies are on the server, I rather reach the top and then start all over.
Old 02-15-05, 04:19 PM   #31
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeon
You are missing the fun. PvP servers pwn...trust me if you want to fight PvE go to CoH. Worthless grind.
I tried the alliance side of a PvP server (because my friends said that alliance was the underdog on the server, ya right), all I found was massive amounts of lag cause by lame lvl 50+ campers at the IF AH. I guess they think the elusive weapon they are looking for would be auctioned off. The lag was so bad it affected me in the dwarf/gnome starting area. I cant stand the alliance side at all, and its because of that exact thing, along with the fact that there are a million people that chose NE just because it 'looks good.' If I had a dollar for every little boy playing a NE chic, I would buy an island in the Carribean and retire.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 05:44 PM   #32
WeReWoLf

PvE is good because you don't get ganked whilst questing. If u feel like a bit of PvP action or raiding, then type /pvp and run into a horde/alliance town. It's alot of fun to see 10 lvl 15's get taken down by a lvl 48 (me) using a single move. God i love retaliation. Don't like that you can only use it once every 30 mins though.

Old 02-15-05, 07:33 PM   #33
lognoronon

Level 50 Human Priest on Lightbringer.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 10:06 PM   #34
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

20 Human Mage - Dunemaul
Old 02-16-05, 02:05 AM   #35
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
PvE is good because you don't get ganked whilst questing. If u feel like a bit of PvP action or raiding, then type /pvp and run into a horde/alliance town. It's alot of fun to see 10 lvl 15's get taken down by a lvl 48 (me) using a single move. God i love retaliation. Don't like that you can only use it once every 30 mins though.
Exactly why I play PVE, on PVP there will obviously be people who just sit around in quest areas and kill you constantly. Just pray you don't get mobbed by around 80 level 15's otherwise you will be pretty much dead unless you can run fast.
Old 02-16-05, 04:40 PM   #36
WeReWoLf

Mounts are handy in that respect. If any Nvnewsers are interested in playing, i run my own guild on Windrunner.