Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-05, 07:43 AM   #1
DJMONDY

Default This shouldnt be happening

Hi everyone,

I posted here before about a problem i had when my GPU was telling me that it was slowing itself down to stop any damage or lockups.

It did it again when i was changing something at the back of my pc and i must have knocked something.
Is there any other reason this would happen other than the psu as i know my psu is powerfull enough.

Can i find out how much its downclocked itself because this has happened 10 times or more now and before long it will be running slower than the gpu it replaced

Cheers for any help guys/gals.

Heres a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PROBLEM.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	11023  
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-05, 10:03 AM   #2
ST:DS9

Default Re: This shouldnt be happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMONDY
Hi everyone,

I posted here before about a problem i had when my GPU was telling me that it was slowing itself down to stop any damage or lockups.

It did it again when i was changing something at the back of my pc and i must have knocked something.
Is there any other reason this would happen other than the psu as i know my psu is powerfull enough.

Can i find out how much its downclocked itself because this has happened 10 times or more now and before long it will be running slower than the gpu it replaced

Cheers for any help guys/gals.

Heres a pic:
How hot is it running?
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-05, 10:53 AM   #3
DJMONDY

It doesnt run very hot.

At the moment its running at 50c and while playing games it goes up to 65-70c, 80c max.

Ive checked my clock speeds with coolbits3d and they are normal so the warning im getting doesnt make sense??

My 2d and 3d clock speeds are meant to be the same arnt they??

Its a BFG 6800U 425mhz - 1.10ghz.
Old 03-27-05, 11:00 AM   #4
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

I had a problem with that message coming up everytime I bumped my PSU or computer desk. It did this with 2 enermax PSU. I replaced my enermax powersupply and never got the message again.
Old 03-27-05, 11:11 AM   #5
Mehbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAKUp
I had a problem with that message coming up everytime I bumped my PSU or computer desk. It did this with 2 enermax PSU. I replaced my enermax powersupply and never got the message again.
This happened to my friend on the first day he setup his SLI box. Turned out, the power supply had a bad connection with the power cord and the connections internally, after having someone open it up (professionally, of course) and take a look at it. A quick repair job and it was working good, but he still swapped out PSU's anyways.
Mehbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 05:16 AM   #6
DJMONDY

I dont think ive got much of a problem as my clock speeds are staying the same.

Thanks