Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-02, 11:36 PM   #1
volt

Default That is scary

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25891.html
I hope AMD is smart enough.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-02, 12:59 AM   #2
Chalnoth

I refuse to follow links to the Register. I think they've got absolutely no journalistic integrity at all. I also feel exceedingly leery about believing any reports coming from the Register.
Chalnoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-02, 12:07 PM   #3
volt

they are far better than inq. in my opinion
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-02, 12:14 PM   #4
Chalnoth

Yeah, that's true. I also don't visit that site :P
Chalnoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-02, 01:10 PM   #5
ASCI Blue

Send a message via AIM to ASCI Blue Send a message via Yahoo to ASCI Blue

This is when the rest of the world falls off its collective chairs laughing and moves to linux leaving just the US under Micro$ofts thumb. The US falls into a technological darkage wondering where they went wrong as M$ continues to force **** like this down our throats.

Sick of war crimes Windows? Try linux!
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-02, 11:11 AM   #6
IronLung

Default TUX IT UP!

Of course, you *theoritically* use any other UNIX operating system, i.e., Irix, AIX (yes, i own an SGI O2 and an IBM RS/6000), but you know, go linux!
</sarcasm>