Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-05, 08:14 PM   #25
HowlingPhoenix

Default Re: KOTOR II Ships !

I'm a Starwars fan, maybe not as much as others but I did enjoy the movies, except for maybe Episode I. I like the Jedi Academy games and Republic Commando looks pretty promising..turned based stuff just seems weird to me.
HowlingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 08:56 PM   #26
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

This game really does have a lot of bugs. It's kind of pissing me off. I don't feel like going into detail but suffice it to say, it's wise to make as many saves as you can.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 09:13 PM   #27
killahsin

yah if i were to rate all rpgs released last year. I would have to say that vampire bloodlines is by far the best. It just seems the more depth they get the more bugs they get. I think of it as cheap publishers not paying to have a game tested and debugged properlly. Trying to keep games at the same cost as before even though they take alot more manpower to make.

I will say the storyline and the intricacies of the light and dark system in kotor are wayyy better than the first one.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 11:27 PM   #28
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
This game really does have a lot of bugs. It's kind of pissing me off. I don't feel like going into detail but suffice it to say, it's wise to make as many saves as you can.
Is it at the level of HL2 bugginess cuz if it is I'm putting this game in deep freeze for a few months.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 01:54 AM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Is it at the level of HL2 bugginess cuz if it is I'm putting this game in deep freeze for a few months.
Well I can't speak for the other guy, but I have yet to meet a crash with KotOR 2. I runs almost perfect on my system (and my system is pretty ordinary). I do get the odd framerate drop, but nothing that stop me enjoying the game one bit.

I'm guessing you should be fine with it. I only recommend tackling it when you have a decent amount of spare time, coz it can eat up alot of time. I played until 1:30am last night. (EB let it go a day early in the end)
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 03:04 AM   #30
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
maybe you are not a starwars fan...
Actually, I wasn't a real serious fan until these games. Now I am at least ahardcore fan of the games. This is Star Wars the way I like it.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 06:32 AM   #31
killahsin

eh ive only crashed once lol, and i run the game at max res max details max af
no v sync high quality havent had many really bad framerate issues at all. Totally loving this one. I was just critqing it before. If your a rpg fan liked the first one. This one is a must have. the story is really what u make it to an extent
6800 gt 1 gig ram 2800 sata drive nforce 2 mobo
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 07:44 AM   #32
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingPhoenix
Well I liked Fable a little and the Zelda series is alright, other than that I liked Morrowind and Gothic II...there a more but I cant think of them right now. I don't know..there was just something about KOTOR that really made me not like it at all, but I do know the difference between a hack n slash and a RPG. I just prefer action RPG's over the turn based system.

Zelda isn't an RPG to the degree that Fable and KOTOR are. Its more of an ActionRPG with little RPG Elements. No Real Character Growth except for more life and new items, MGS2 can be then conidered one...

Guess im too DnD/FF centered...

Old 02-11-05, 07:47 AM   #33
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Crashing isn't a problem but missing characters in conversations, party members being completely removed from the game after certain events and not being returned, AI and pathing issues, the reviews aren't kidding. It's still an awesome game though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 07:52 AM   #34
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

I've been playing it for some 10 hours.

This game kind stinks of old. I'm going to leave out of this reply any technical consideration about the crap graphic engine and its horrible performance for the low amount of polygons it draws on the screen.

Kotor 2 plays, feels and looks like a cheap sequel to stack some quick cash out of the franchise.

Most meshes are taken stright from the first Kotor. Music is more like some background filler that the good scores of the first episode. So far the story hasn't caught me. Plain hack'n'slash thorugh empty corridors, weak puzzles, no real challenges.

The two companions I encountered have uninspiring, stereotyped personalities (the small time criminal with an hidden heroic personality and the old, wise pal with a clouded past to leave behind) and they cannot hold a candle to characters like Canderous Ordo or Jolee Bindo.

But what I hated most is the battle AI and unresponsive controls. Many time I issued a order just to wtitness the controlled Pg ignoring it or leaving the current battle to attack another enemy I didn't ordered him to. Sometimes PG just hang in the middle of a battle doing nothing and I have to re-issue the same command 2-3 times. I didn't had all these difficulties with the first Kotor.

I'm going to play this one for another copule of evenings before returning it to the shop.