Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-05, 05:20 PM   #37
Parts

Default Re: Why is Nintendo ignoring Adult Gamers?

I guess it depends what their new shtick is, there hasnt really been any specs or anything for that system... at least not that ive seen or heard, itll probably sell fine, and live off old classics remade (again) new favorites and 6 month exclusives.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 05:26 PM   #38
OWA

Hopefully Nintendo sticks around and I think their focus on kids games is a good thing. Afterall, there are kids that want to play games also. Most of my friends have kids now and the kids are at the age where they're wanting a console. Most have gotten a Nintendo since there are a lot more family-friendly games with it. It it sometimes difficult to find any such games in the xbox and playstation sections. If Nintendo does go under, I would hope the other two would pick up the slack and offer more E-rated games.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 05:27 PM   #39
GamerGuyX

Yeah I'd also have to agree that Nintendo's first party games haven't really done anything innovative/different in awhile. They are good games to be sure. But not different enough to feel like true sequels. More like expansion packs of the previous games.

Quote:
Hell, the GBA even had the origional Doom on it.
And thats a big deal why? The original DOOM has been on like 10 different systems (its even coming out for Xbox).

Quote:
I would say that the N64 beat the PS1.
Well OF COURSE a Nintendo fanboy would say that.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 05:43 PM   #40
Zelda_fan

Yeah it's a big deal because the GBA is an inexpensive handheld. It was a great achomplishment for the GBA. Doom was one of the greatest games of all time, at least give it some respect.

Oh but wait let me guess.. your response would be something like "so what the PSP can do better" so I'll just save you the trouble of posting it.

Quote:
Quote:
I would say that the N64 beat the PS1.
Well OF COURSE a Nintendo fanboy would say that.
Well OF COURSE a Sony fanboy would say that.

if you would quite takeing my quotes out of context like you always do you would find that that same "fanboy" said two sentences later that the PS2 pretty much dominated.

Last edited by Zelda_fan; 02-11-05 at 05:53 PM.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 06:01 PM   #41
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Well OF COURSE a Sony fanboy would say that.
Unlike you, I have actually proved that I am not a fanboy. But you, you continue to prove it time and time again. And the funny thing is that its just not me that agrees with your fanboy status.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 02-11-05, 06:03 PM   #42
ChrisRay

Why is being a console fanboy such a bad thing anyway? It's pretty funny how fanboy is used as an insult and taken as one. Guess what! I"m a Sega fanboy! And damned proud of it too.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 06:07 PM   #43
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Why is being a console fanboy such a bad thing anyway? It's pretty funny how fanboy is used as an insult and taken as one. Guess what! I"m a Sega fanboy! And damned proud of it too.
I never said it wasn't alright to be a fan or like something specific. Fanboy's are different. Fanboys are bad because they won't listen to reason. They think there favorite games are the best even though half the time they haven't played anything else. They are hell bent on making anything that is not what they like look bad for no apparent reason. Which is (for lack of a better term) bull****.

Old 02-11-05, 06:23 PM   #44
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Unlike you, I have actually proved that I am not a fanboy. But you, you continue to prove it time and time again. And the funny thing is that its just not me that agrees with your fanboy status.
naw i'm pretty sure you're a sony fanboy becasue you obviously won't listen to my unquestionable reason about how utterly superior Nintendo is to Sony (sarcasm).

It's called an opinion GameingLordX. You have it in your head that anyone who dosen't agree with you is wrong. You seem to think that becasue I do not like the PSP I am a Nintendo fanboy. Even after I've "admitted" (more sarcasm) to liking some PS2 games you still call me a fanboy. Why yet do I have to do to "prove" I'm not a fanboy? (wow more sarcasm).

Oh yeah, it's not just you who thinks I'm a fanboy.... oh lets see who else, egbtmagus. Wow you two guys, that's a hell of a majority you've got there. That settels it then, I'm a genuine Nintendo fanboy (yet even more sarcasm).

Old 02-11-05, 06:28 PM   #45
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Wow you two guys, that's a hell of a majority you've got there.
Oh its not just two guys. I have shown to people on other forums the threads you have been in. All have agreed that you are a Nintendo fanboy.

Quote:
It's called an opinion GameingLordX. You have it in your head that anyone who dosen't agree with you is wrong.
I don't think that having an opinion other than mine is wrong. But when in every thread that you reply in is about how Nintendo is the best thing ever. Well needless to say, that is fanboy behavior.

Old 02-11-05, 06:33 PM   #46
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Fanboys are bad because they won't listen to reason... ...They are hell bent on making anything that is not what they like look bad for no apparent reason.
The ONLY thing I said that I don't like is the PSP. I don't like it, and I gave several "apparent" reasons. If you don't agree with those reasons, that's fine. You know what? There are plenty of other people on this forum who said they don't like the PSP either, so I guess that makes all of them fanboys as well....
Old 02-11-05, 06:39 PM   #47
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

I agree with the majority here, Nintendo isn't the king anymore so they need to focus more on all player types, not just kids
I grew up with consoles and Nintendo 8bit was one of the consoles I spent most time with, It had great games back then. Not only from Nintendo but many from 3rd party developers too
Good GC games are mostly from Nintendo and they for most of the time create kid games! I hate that.. I didnt like kid games even when I was a kid. (never botherd to get Super mario 2 and 3, friends had them and that was enugh for me)

I look at my GC collection of games ... and then I look at my ps2 collection of games, I have 4 or 5 (or even more, ive not counted in a long time now) times the amount of games to my ps2 simply because there are no new games for GC to buy. It's sad I think.
For my GBA Sp i have 3 games ... lol (there games on Gba I do want, but the price of a single Gba game here in sweden is redicolus! ... Final Fantasy 1+2 cost me 35$ !)
I will never sell my GC as the few games I do have are great, no question about that. But it takes more then just a handfull of good games to be successful.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 06:39 PM   #48
GamerGuyX

Quote:
There are plenty of other people on this forum who said they don't like the PSP either, so I guess that makes all of them fanboys as well....
No that doesn't make them fanboys. But if they started to constantly reply about how the DS is the best and giving no good reason other than how "Nintendo games are the best!" (like you have done), then I would consider then fanboys. But they haven't done that.