Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-05, 06:46 PM   #49
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Why is Nintendo ignoring Adult Gamers?

lol you like to argue dont you ?
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 06:47 PM   #50
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
lol you like to argue dont you ?
So does jonk.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 07:19 PM   #51
EciDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
So does jonk.
Yes ... but it takes two to argue.

Im not taking anyones side here ... I just think it's silly thats all. Better to stay on topic instead of filling up with arguments back and forth.

The reason I reacted is cos I see you and that ninja guy (with that small ninja avatar) arguing alot about nonsense.

EDIT: was refering to Ninjaman09, sorry bout that.
Old 02-11-05, 07:35 PM   #52
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
The reason I reacted is cos I see you and that ninja guy (with that small ninja avatar) arguing alot about nonsense.

EDIT: was refering to Ninjaman09, sorry bout that.

When have I argued with Ninjaman09?

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 02-11-05, 07:54 PM   #53
ChrisRay

Quote:
I never said it wasn't alright to be a fan or like something specific. Fanboy's are different. Fanboys are bad because they won't listen to reason. They think there favorite games are the best even though half the time they haven't played anything else. They are hell bent on making anything that is not what they like look bad for no apparent reason. Which is (for lack of a better term) bull****.

Eh, I think your labeling a obsessive brand fanatic than a fanboy. I see fanboys all the time. Some people wont buy anything but a said product because their a fanboy. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Come on people. Do we have turn the name "Fanboy" into some kind of insult and personal attack around here?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 08:07 PM   #54
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Come on people. Do we have turn the name "Fanboy" into some kind of insult and personal attack around here?
It already is. No matter if you want to admit it or not. The word "fanboy" is a negative connotation in the gaming industry.

Last edited by GamerGuyX; 02-11-05 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-11-05, 08:08 PM   #55
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Good article. Nintendo has always had a childish image. Look at the Gameboy DS - theres not a single game out for it that I am remotely interested in. If they release Ikaruga (which was ported to the Gamecube) for the DS, I would buy one right away.

Nintendo, give it up with mario already. Hes an annoying little cartoon guy, hes not cool, hes not bad ass, we are sick of him. 90% of video gamers want to play as one of two characters -

1) a really hot chick.
2) some really badass dude.

mario is not it.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 08:28 PM   #56
ChrisRay

Quote:
It already is. No matter if you want to admit it or not. The word "fanboy" is a negative connotation in the gaming industry.
Then stop using it as a personal attack.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-05, 08:40 PM   #57
pakotlar

My recently acquired gamecube is my favorite system to date. I think it is incredible. All the games that I have are just "fun", high quality titles that get it right, which is something that I couldn't say about my Xbox.

That being said, I do think that Nintendo is failing in garnering interest from 3rd party developers. When the gamecube came out, they said that they would not repeat the mistakes of the Nintendo 64 generation. They did. I do think they will fail in the hardware business if they don't step up their game. However this is not Sega, they actually have incredibly solid financial standing. Their systems all consistently make them profit, and their near-dominance of the handheld market helps of course.

I don't understand some of the decisions they make. The fans say they want Online gaming, Nintendo comes out and says that there is no market for it. The fans say they want to have the option of using their consoles to play DVD movies, Nintendo comes out and says that there is no market for convergence systems.

They have their head in the clouds, and while they are the best first party developer, and have some of the greatest games of this generation out on their system, I have to say their romp in the business won't last much longer if they continue to ignore trends.
Old 02-11-05, 08:42 PM   #58
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Then stop using it as a personal attack.
Hey I'm not the only one...

Old 02-11-05, 08:45 PM   #59
|MaguS|

N64 Tied/Beat PS1? ... one sec... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No offense but almost EVERY Magazine or Game Site has claimed that the PS1 had more over all A+ titles plus MORE games in general, More consoles Sold, and was even made way after the console was considered obsolete, plus it still sold!

The Ps1 is the second best selling system in history, first would be the GBColor. Hell the PS1 almost caught up to it in sales. The PS1 has also probably the most legendary games out of any post 16bit console.
Old 02-11-05, 09:46 PM   #60
EciDemon

Quote:

When have I argued with Ninjaman09?
I didnt say you argued with echother