Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-05, 10:16 PM   #61
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Why is Nintendo ignoring Adult Gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
N64 Tied/Beat PS1? ... one sec... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No offense but almost EVERY Magazine or Game Site has claimed that the PS1 had more over all A+ titles plus MORE games in general, More consoles Sold, and was even made way after the console was considered obsolete, plus it still sold!

The Ps1 is the second best selling system in history, first would be the GBColor. Hell the PS1 almost caught up to it in sales. The PS1 has also probably the most legendary games out of any post 16bit console.
Oh really? Show me some proof. I'm not calling you a liar or anthing, but I was seriously under the impression that the N64 had at least an equal market share with the PS1. I would just like to see the sources before I believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
No that doesn't make them fanboys. But if they started to constantly reply about how the DS is the best and giving no good reason other than how "Nintendo games are the best!" (like you have done), then I would consider then fanboys. But they haven't done that.
Wow, you must be talking about someone else, becasue I used several reasons why the DS is the best besides "Nintendo games are the best." If you'd like, I can quote them from the other thread. Either way, "Nintendo games are the best" is a pretty damn good reason for thinking the DS is a better system. Isn't a system only as good as its games?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Then stop using it as a personal attack.
Hey I'm not the only one...
Yes you are the only one. The only time I have ever said you were a fanboy was in a sarcastic sense to say that you pretty much think {having an opinion} = fanboy. I even put "sarcastic" in parenthesis to make sure you wouldn't take it the wrong way. I never used it as a personal attack on you.

Quote:
Oh its not just two guys. I have shown to people on other forums the threads you have been in. All have agreed that you are a Nintendo fanboy.
Oh now this is RICH! Let me get this straight, you were so "distraught" over my PSP comments, that you felt the need to link to this forum to get a 3rd party opinion if I was a "Nintendo fanboy?" ROTFL.

Yes, I love Nintendo. I think that their games are the best out of any console (PC games are still #1 for me). Yes, I love my Nintendo DS. I do not like the PSP. I think it is a nice piece of technology, but is pretty worthless in practical use considering what you are going to pay for it. I hope that the PSP flops bad, and Sony get's the hell out of the handheld market. Nintendo has always done consumers right in the handheld market, and I would hate to see Sony come in and screw it up royally. This view is not followed blindly, but backed up by several justifications. If you would like me to name them, just ask. If this view makes me a fanboy, then so be it.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 10:19 PM   #62
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Dude just drop it...
If GamingLordX dont want to be the adult then perhaps you could.

And it's a well known fact that the Psx did better overall then the N64. It too just as GC had good games but it seems to me Nintendo didnt go all the way with that console either.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 10:27 PM   #63
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
Dude just drop it...
If GamingLordX dont want to be the adult then perhaps you could.

And it's a well known fact that the Psx did better overall then the N64. It too just as GC had good games but it seems to me Nintendo didnt go all the way with that console either.
ya know, you're right. I just get worked up when starts with personal attacks on me. I won't respond anymore except on topic.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 10:35 PM   #64
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Thanx, finaly someone who you can reson with.
Personal attacks are not very nice at all, and quite childish too if you ask me, but you dont fight fire with fire.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:13 AM   #65
Elderblaze

I have to agree with everything pakotlar said. You people love to sit back and critisize nintendo's business practice, with sticking with carts to long, and having alot of fees. But it's also why they can sell less and still turn more profit, simply because their profit margins are far greater then the other consoles for various reasons. (more first party titles, media fees, lower hardware cost, less marketing, etc.)

Nintendo does exceptionally well profit wise, especially considering the size of the company (about 3k employees)

Maybe nintendo can survive just fine by only selling children games, there's a market there and it's thriving. It's only us, that have refused to acept that Nintendo makes games for kids, not Nintendo that has refused to advance.

Regards,
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:23 AM   #66
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

Send a message via AIM to InqWoN1776 Send a message via MSN to InqWoN1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
The PS1 has also probably the most legendary games out of any post 16bit console.
Legendary?, I like using the term classic but most of the time it's; is it worth buying or not? I know that graphics don't make a good game but when they are bad enough to affect gameplay... The poor in game graphics erases many ps1 and even N64 games off the list of "legendary". One of my favorite games for ps1 was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and it was mostly 2d that could have been done on the N64(and by all rights probably should have been). As I have stated before, I didn't like the switch from 2d to 3d graphics.
Old 02-12-05, 06:46 AM   #67
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Oh really? Show me some proof. I'm not calling you a liar or anthing, but I was seriously under the impression that the N64 had at least an equal market share with the PS1. I would just like to see the sources before I believe that.
This was the last news of the PSOne I could find, its in 2004 but considering that Nintedo's was directly from thier website I would hope they would keep it up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Announcement
A decade after its release, the original PlayStation has reached a milestone worthy of Ronald McDonald's high-volume burger empire. Sony announced today that, as of Tuesday, it has sold 100 million units of its first console worldwide.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps//news/news_6098786.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Description
Released in 1996, the Nintendo 64 was the first system with 64-bit graphics and built-in four player gaming potential. Masterpieces such as Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros helped sell over 32 million N64 systems worldwide.
http://www.nintendo.com/systemsclassic?type=n64

Sure the systems launched 2 years apart but two years does not give you THAT big of a lead... Sure the N64 had some great games but the PSOne had far greater games, Hell without the systems release many genre's and series would have never tooken off like they have. Where would Spy games be without MGS? Or Horror games without Resident Evil? Heck, Would Tekken at all be availabe (arcade was running on PSOne Hardware)?

I don't think I could name more then 20 titles from the N64 that are original titles and are MUST haves. Don't get me wrong I loved Zelda and Goldeneye, I wasted alot of my life on those two titles and conkers was also great when it finally released. But games like the MK Series, Castlevania and even RE2 failed horribly on the system.

They both atleast share glory on Gamespot, they both have a single title that has scored a perfect 10 on it and with that I must give some respect. Its teh site I judge my games by, far harder reviewer then IGN...

As for people saying that the PSOne had horrible graphics, well compared to today um YEAH. But when it launched it was some of the best available, It was even better then the Saturn at most times (DOA on Saturn was better and so was Panzer Dragoon).
Old 02-12-05, 10:28 AM   #68
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

Quote:
As for people saying that the PSOne had horrible graphics, well compared to today um YEAH. But when it launched it was some of the best available, It was even better then the Saturn at most times (DOA on Saturn was better and so was Panzer Dragoon).
Such sarcasm, I thought it had horrible graphics(aside from 2d games with 3d elements) at the time and we did go from decent 2d to bad 3d so I can make my statement... There were games I just didn't play because I couldn't tell what I was doing. As I said, I pinned my thoughts to the 2d 3d transition not other consoles. Now compared to other systems at the time, you are right but the 64 was an improvement in in-game/didn't have fmv. I thought it was pretty pathetic that the DK's for snes had better graphics than most ps1 games.

Old 02-12-05, 10:40 AM   #69
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
Good article. Nintendo has always had a childish image. Look at the Gameboy DS - theres not a single game out for it that I am remotely interested in. If they release Ikaruga (which was ported to the Gamecube) for the DS, I would buy one right away.

Nintendo, give it up with mario already. Hes an annoying little cartoon guy, hes not cool, hes not bad ass, we are sick of him. 90% of video gamers want to play as one of two characters -

1) a really hot chick.
2) some really badass dude.

mario is not it.
I agree completely.

I want Sam Fisher, Master Chief, the Doom guy, Gordon Freeman (he's a badass nerd at least), or some chick with freakin huge tits and a hot ass.

Mario looks stupid and dorky, Link looks halfway cool when he's not a dorky looking kid, Donkey Kong should be the Fisher Price mascot, Luigi looks ghey as hell, and I'm sick of Resident Evil re-hashes.

All Nintendo has going for it is the chick from Metroid, she doesn't show skin but at least she's badass. Funny enough, Metroid has got to be like the bastard-franchise of Nintendo who totally blew it off during the N64 days.

The stupid Zelda cartoon game that they put out made me want to vomit, and the new one coming out might be SOMEWHAT cool...but I'm not holding my breath for it.
Old 02-12-05, 10:43 AM   #70
|MaguS|

Yeah, RE2 on the N64 was so great (Lower Resolution Backgrounds/FMV plus FPS Issues)...

Most N64 games suffered from blurry or grainy textures. As for poor 3D games on the PSOne, It had some of the greatest... Sure the N64 was graphically better, who cares when the majority of there games were boring.

The PSOne simply had multiple great games in every genre. The N64 lacked in many genres... and others it was just non existent...

I thought we went to Awsome 2D to great 3D since well the 3D prior to the PSOne on the consoles were very basic (ever play on the Jaguar?).
Old 02-12-05, 10:56 AM   #71
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

I was speaking strictly about graphics not gameplay and I wasn't trying to defend the 64 aside from saying that it was superior in in-game which you affirmed. No, I never owned a Jaguar. Was it as mainstream as the ps1 or the snes/64? I still believe I should have been able to expect better graphics then the DK's, for snes, on the ps1 whethe it was in 3d or not.
Old 02-12-05, 11:12 AM   #72
|MaguS|

There were better, Ever play Hercules or the Lunar series on the PSOne? How about Castlevania? Tales Series? Legend of Mana? Alundra? Megaman Games? Breath of Fire 3/4? GUILTY GEAR! Star Ocean? Oddworld? Rayman? Klonoa? Tomba 1/2? Street Fighter Alpha Series?

All the ones I named I think are better 2D Games (graphically) then any SNES Game.