Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-05, 10:54 AM   #157
OWA

Default Re: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Single Player Demo Coming soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
Whoa ! the new demo makes a BIG difference for my rig ! sm3.0 HDR settings run alot better now on my GT. Heh, sm3.0 is a selling point now imo

I wouldn't bother plaing it on an Ati even if i had an X800XT. The HDR just looks too damn pretty to me and it's now actually smooth.

The half automatic allignment of the camera feels a bit better too now. It would get a bit too close to Sam in narrow spaces, but now you can somehow keep a good eye on what's happening around.

The official demo is certainly worth the download imo. Thumbs up for Ubi Montreal

* edit : Gamespot has screenshots which prove sm1.1 - sm3.0HDR difference ; I don't anyone can deny the added HDR beauty.

shader model difference screenshots
Wow, they had a couple that showed a great improvement with the parallax mapping also.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 04:33 PM   #158
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
Whoa ! the new demo makes a BIG difference for my rig ! sm3.0 HDR settings run alot better now on my GT. Heh, sm3.0 is a selling point now imo

I wouldn't bother plaing it on an Ati even if i had an X800XT. The HDR just looks too damn pretty to me and it's now actually smooth.

The half automatic allignment of the camera feels a bit better too now. It would get a bit too close to Sam in narrow spaces, but now you can somehow keep a good eye on what's happening around.

The official demo is certainly worth the download imo. Thumbs up for Ubi Montreal

* edit : Gamespot has screenshots which prove sm1.1 - sm3.0HDR difference ; I don't think anyone can deny the added HDR beauty.

shader model difference screenshots

please someone tell me thats not true or i'll have to download the updated demo once again !

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 07:26 PM   #159
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
please someone tell me thats not true or i'll have to download the updated demo once again !
I haven't played it a lot yet but I didn't really notice any differences with the new demo. There may be some but I haven't noticed any yet.
Old 02-26-05, 08:35 PM   #160
AthlonXP1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Yes it true, after downloaded updated version and played it and I was dropped my jaw, the HDR was a huge improvement with big fps boost, I am getting 20 to 35fps with HDR in many places and also I noticed HDR added many new effects and other things that not seen in the last version. This new updated version made me hooked to it, go on download it.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 09:51 PM   #161
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Well i guess i'll go on & download it then ... hope i finish downloading it before the full game hit the stores

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 03:58 AM   #162
Parts

I never got to try the unofficial demo but I downloaded and beat the official one today and this game is wicked, I had a few laggish moments... not really slow down lag, but more of a jumpy mouse when in over the shoulder mode (dunno if thats video lag or just a glitch). and that was at 1024 res.

and that "Versus trailer" looks kick ass
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 04:11 AM   #163
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

The official demo definately increased or stablized performance noticeably. It's much smoother now with SM3/HDR/HQS/VDM. Also, a few things were changed in the demo. Like the first aid kit. You no longer need to keep on manually using it to restore full power. Sam does it automatically. There are also wood boards blocking the rope to the lighthouse tower from the cave. Might be a way to break them though.
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 04:37 AM   #164
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefeet8
The official demo definately increased or stablized performance noticeably. It's much smoother now with SM3/HDR/HQS/VDM. Also, a few things were changed in the demo. Like the first aid kit. You no longer need to keep on manually using it to restore full power. Sam does it automatically. There are also wood boards blocking the rope to the lighthouse tower from the cave. Might be a way to break them though.
So, you're seeing a difference also? I guess I'll uninstall and try installing it again. Maybe I botched something up. Where did you download the new demo from? I think I'm going to re-download it as well. I'm beginning to think I didn't get the improved/fixed version.

Old 02-27-05, 01:58 PM   #165
Parts

I got mine from gamershell
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 03:41 PM   #166
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Here is a screenshot showing some nice use of HDR and the High Quality Soft Shadows. The HQS option is only available in the SM3 path. Makes all the rough shadows a bit softer.

[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 03:45 PM   #167
thanosAIAS

Flash news.

It appears that the final release of the game WILL include an SM.2 mode!!!

The leakage comes from a ubisoft executive (or something like that).

Also someone who is a programmer said that hardware shadows are a tad faster but worse (look at 3dmark) than software shadows.

Either way the game looks fantastic at my X800XT PE and i'm looking forward to it!!!

Finally a SC game with AA support!!! Was about time you guys!

Athlon 64 3800+
ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE
Corsair twinx1024 LL PT (2x512)
SLI XFX 7800 GTX
TAGAN TG480-U01
Nec 1970GX 19' TFT
thanosAIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 05:02 PM   #168
ReDxKiNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanosAIAS
Flash news.

It appears that the final release of the game WILL include an SM.2 mode!!!

The leakage comes from a ubisoft executive (or something like that).

Also someone who is a programmer said that hardware shadows are a tad faster but worse (look at 3dmark) than software shadows.

Either way the game looks fantastic at my X800XT PE and i'm looking forward to it!!!

Finally a SC game with AA support!!! Was about time you guys!

ok where did u get that info about the game including a SM 2 mode in the final??? Usually when you say something like that a LINK to the source should be provided.If you heard it from word of mouth then thats bs. Unless you have a link of some sort to prove me wrong.
ReDxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote