Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-22-05, 09:59 AM   #25
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: PSP Battery life extended to 25 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
Sony never seems to get it right the first time...they keep forgetting it a handheld and who wants to carry a brick with them all the time..

wonder if they will make an external joystick to fix the square button..LMAO
look who it is...Ghosthunter...and hes still flaming the psp. what a surprize
Old 02-22-05, 10:05 AM   #26
|MaguS|

Pfft he flames anything Sony...
Old 02-22-05, 12:13 PM   #27
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
look who it is...Ghosthunter...and hes still flaming the psp. what a surprize
Pfft, better than the "I look like ass and cater to them" DS.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 01:00 PM   #28
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
wonder if they will make an external joystick to fix the square button..LMAO
keep on talking ghosthunter.

Quote:
Sony has confirmed that the controller buttons on some Playstation Portable (PSP) units may become stuck and not return to their default position. A free repair program has been announced.

The defect occurs in part of the initial shipment of PSP units and is caused by excess plastic not being completely removed during the molding and manufacturing process of the outer cabinet. As a result, when a button is pressed, it can become caught on the excess plastic and not return fully to its default position.

Also, this production defect has already been addressed. "This problem does not occur in the units produced in 2005," the company said. The units suffering from the problem, "are about 0.6% of the 510,000 units shipped in 2004," (Sony).

Sony is conducting a free repair program for users who have PSP units affected by this problem. The defect is not present in PSP units currently being sold.
http://www.techjapan.com/Article900.html

Old 02-22-05, 05:04 PM   #29
FierceDeityLink

Send a message via AIM to FierceDeityLink Send a message via MSN to FierceDeityLink Send a message via Yahoo to FierceDeityLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
keep on talking ghosthunter.
I'd like to see the innerds of a working unit overlayed, because the one that Lik-Sang got must have obviously been defective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
"The defect occurs in part of the initial shipment of PSP units and is caused by excess plastic not being completely removed during the molding and manufacturing process of the outer cabinet. As a result, when a button is pressed, it can become caught on the excess plastic and not return fully to its default position."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutarag
"There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."
Old 02-22-05, 07:34 PM   #30
|MaguS|

So can't a company take back what they said? They are trying to be honest and admint they made a mistake and are offering to fix the issue for free... yet people are blasting them.
Old 02-22-05, 08:34 PM   #31
FierceDeityLink

Send a message via AIM to FierceDeityLink Send a message via MSN to FierceDeityLink Send a message via Yahoo to FierceDeityLink

I think that it's the fact that they tried to save face at first on top of the fact that Sony's support is so terrible...
Old 02-23-05, 08:24 AM   #32
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceDeityLink
I think that it's the fact that they tried to save face at first on top of the fact that Sony's support is so terrible...

good point..good luck sending it back for them to fix it..you will see it in 3-4 weeks if lucky
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-05, 05:27 PM   #33
FierceDeityLink

Quote:
good point..good luck sending it back for them to fix it..you will see it in 3-4 weeks if lucky
Yeah, and I realize that Sony is a lot bigger business than Nintendo, but wouldn't you agree that their support should be bigger also? Free Fedex shipping and a very short (<1 week) turn around time is amazing for Nintendo. Although, I'm planning on waiting long enough to get a PSP such that there will be less problems or, at the very least, newer firmware.
Old 02-23-05, 05:39 PM   #34
f|LtH fR@g

I always wait for the first batch of new technology to sell through before I buy into any of it. I've seen too many problems arrive with the first generation of stuff. I know alot of people can't wait, but if you can, it's a good idea to do so. I might pick up a ds to hold me over until July or so when psp's get through their next cycle, demand dies down for them, and more titles are readily available.

I must say, I'm a nintendo fan at heart, but sony really jacked them in the nuts on this one. Handheld n64 vs. handheld ps2/movie player....:: shakes head :: looks like sony just pushed the big N over again, this time in the handheld market. I am suprised that yet again, nintendo decided to stick with mini-carts instead of going mini-disk like sony did....reminds me of that clich'e my grandparents always said, " if you don't learn from your past, you're bound to make the same mistake again."

Any talk of a TRUE FF7 sequel on the psp? A friend of mine said he "heard" about it somewhere, but he's been wrong before. I know advent children is coming out on dvd/psp player and that one game set on the turks which originally, was only for cell phones and now is planned for psp, but I mean a TRUE sequel. Where's my cloud, barret, red xiii, and tifa?
Old 02-23-05, 06:30 PM   #35
Elderblaze

Hmm i've only seen one game on the DS in person, but it looked quite abit better then anything iv'e seen on N64, it was the Metroid demo, played for a few minutes. I was quite impressed, seemed to work so well for a handheld, though im not a handheld person i havent owned one in years, and wouldent buy one, was just satisfying my curiosity.

Regards,
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 06:41 PM   #36
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by f|LtH fR@g
I.

I must say, I'm a nintendo fan at heart, but sony really jacked them in the nuts on this one. Handheld n64 vs. handheld ps2/movie player....:: shakes head :: looks like sony just pushed the big N over again, this time in the handheld market. I am suprised that yet again, nintendo decided to stick with mini-carts instead of going mini-disk like sony did....reminds me of that clich'e my grandparents always said, " if you don't learn from your past, you're bound to make the same mistake again."

Any talk of a TRUE FF7 sequel on the psp? A friend of mine said he "heard" about it somewhere, but he's been wrong before. I know advent children is coming out on dvd/psp player and that one game set on the turks which originally, was only for cell phones and now is planned for psp, but I mean a TRUE sequel. Where's my cloud, barret, red xiii, and tifa?

Actually have to remember the DS is not the next generation of Handheld...in fact Nintendo did not release it to compete with PSP. Their new handheld coming out sometimes next year called Gameboy Evolution is suppose to have mini disc as well as compete with PSP or the PSP2 not really sure yet at this moment.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote