Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-04-05, 01:35 AM   #1
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Playstation 3 to debut in a few days???

Quote:
SONY TO DEBUT THE PLAYSTATION 3 AT GDC 2005
Sony Computer Entertainment of America confirmed tonight that they will debut their next PlayStation platform at the upcoming Game Developer's Conference, according to the company. Bracing themselves for the largest showing at the conference in their history, Sony will divulge more information on their new platform (which is currently being called the PlayStation 3) along with the PSP, PS2, and new EyeToy innovations they have planned.

"Developers are an enormous part of our success as they drive content and innovation forward, making PlayStation the best gaming experience for millions of consumers worldwide," said Andrew House, executive vice president, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "The Game Developers Conference enables us to collaborate with developers, share with them our vision for game development for new PlayStation platforms, and demonstrate our commitment to the global development community."

This year's Game Developer's Conference is scheduled to take place from March 7-11.

http://www.gamercentric.com/index.ph...ewnews&id=3314
this would be great news if true

my guess is that they got their info mixed up with this...
http://www.us.playstation.com/pressreleases.aspx?id=259

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America will host its largest overall show presence in company history, featuring the newest PlayStation platform, PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable), innovations for the PlayStation ®2 computer entertainment system and EyeToy™, as well as tools and technologies designed to encourage game development on all platforms. Company experts in game development, programming, and technology are set to speak at numerous sessions during the 19 th annual conference.
which will basically just show the PSP and some new Eyetoy.

we will see soon...
Old 03-04-05, 02:00 AM   #2
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Playstation 3 to debut in a few days???

could be dev tools for PS3! I mean well a linux box running a unnamed NV GPU with powerpcs? who knows
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 02:23 AM   #3
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

This will steal some thunder, if it's true that Microsoft postponed its next console launch event (originally intended to be at the GDC) to E3.
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 02:57 AM   #4
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

wow sounds good.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 03:32 AM   #5
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Although the newest PlayStation platform is a little vague and it may be as well a respin of current PS2 or just a new fancy looking case.

The evildoers of marketing are usually very able to make big talks out of thin air.
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 08:12 AM   #6
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Anyone else think they should drop the Playstation name?
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 08:33 AM   #7
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Will be interesting it it was shown early. Word in the new EGM is that the PS3 blows the XBox Next away when it comes to specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek2
Why? It works and its something everyone is familiar with. But still, I think Sony is at the Apple level where they can name it "The Sony Skip and Play" or any other stupid name and have it sell well.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 08:35 AM   #8
HIWTHI

It's been knowledge for quite some time that Sony would be announcing the PS3 sometime at March. I doubt they will do it at GDC since they are not scheduled to hold a keynote during the conference. M guess would be the announcement would be small and lack a lot of concrete info. The console won't even be coming out this year so there's no rush. E3 will be awesome this year with the console wars starting all over again.
HIWTHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-05, 08:36 AM   #9
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek2
ya Playstation sucks!

Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 08:48 AM   #10
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIWTHI
The console won't even be coming out this year so there's no rush. E3 will be awesome this year with the console wars starting all over again.
Honestly, can we say that? No one knows how far the PS3 is in development. I mean CELL is DONE. All they have to do is mass produce it, Sony even stated that the PS3 will be at E3, no videos but the actual hardware. If it is, it only takes acouple months for factories to churn out acouple million and theres plenty of time till Xmass after E3...

Don't speculate because theres no official announcement, I mean everyone is saying that MS will release the next Xbox this year but MS hasn't released any info on the system at all... for all we know they have just begun formulating the hardware specs (I dout that but we DONT KNOW).

All I can say is that this year E3 will be awsome...
Old 03-04-05, 09:56 AM   #11
HIWTHI

Actually, that's not a guess; I know many people in the industry and people who are working with both companies. Microsoft is having problems with the Xbox 2, but from people at EA they are planning to release their games on the console in winter with the console having a fall release.

I haven't heard anyone receiving dev packs yet for the PS3, and the console architecture is still being worked on. Is it a possibility, yes, but with how well the PS2 continues to do and with no third-party developers even whispering about the PS3 I doubt it.
HIWTHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:03 AM   #12
|MaguS|

Ever hear of NDA? MGS4 has just been announced for a next gen system, which we don't know but considering how well 1-3 did for Konami on the Sony systems, I wouldn't dout it heading ove to the PS3.

As for guessing, yes its a guess. I don't care if you know Bill Gates himself. Unless its been made official developers, know nothing more then thiers a new system on the way and they are making a game for it... the game could be done months prior to release of the system and sit in a factory waiting for the system.

Sorry but other then Sony and Nintendo stating that thier systems will be shown at E3 (Nintendo is unknown if the hardware will be there), nothing else is known. ITS ALL RUMORS AND SPECULATIONS.