Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-19-05, 10:59 AM   #13
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Default Re: New Battlefield 2 Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
And how many of those have multiplayer battles with BF-style scale? I'm not trying to bash them, but these games aren't "simulations". In CoD:UO, the tank and vehicle physics are ten times more arcadey than in Battlefield. In Joint Operations, the helicopter doesn't have any kind of sensitivity, all you do to stop it and land is not press anything so it stops automatically, then press the button "height down", or with the boat, if you press stop pressing acceleration, it stops instantly, it doesn't keep going forward a bit and gradually stop. In MoH:PA, the game plain sucks when compared to BF, CoD etc. when it comes to online experience, and with FarCry, the game isn't meant for online at all.

And like vampireuk said:

Don't bash the game if you don't know what you're talking about.

If you guys want realistic, I suggest you go play Rainbow Six 3. I have the game, and it's decent, but it is NOWHERE near as much fun as Battlefield is which seems to be "arcadey" according to some of you.
Joint Operations/Escalation Expansion pack
But In Battlefield Vietnam and 1942 if you Stop Pressing Forward in a chopper/or plane you crash,there is no auto hover like joint ops

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 11:54 AM   #14
Beng

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Leaning is only good in sim FPS. They do not belong in ANY FPS that is fast paced
Well, i think it's me then. Joint Ops is fast paced too and has leaning and rolling, it's quite fun to use this. It simply adds more freedom of movement.
Beng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 05:50 PM   #15
Shaitan

"It simply adds more freedom of movement."

Not to mention it helps tremendously to add that "I feel there" immersion factor. Ya know, there are plenty of dumbazz 1st person shooters that are fast paced and don`t allow full freedom of movement. Surely you fans of that type of game are not saying you want EVERY game that comes to us from now on... to not allow stuff such as leaning ability? LOL They should have these abilities, so those who wanna use em can, and those who don`t, just don`t. Everyone is served. FAIR.

To make such strides forward in game Dev`ing, and not include stuff like leaning or rolling in that in this day and age of gaming should be standard movement features by now, makes no sense. ESPECIALLY in a combat type game, where the idea is not to dance toe to toe like a bunch of freaking quakers, but to show as little of your body to the enemy as possible IF possible.

It is kinda obvious tho for WHOM this type of game was being made for. ;p
WD VelociRaptors X 2 in RAID 0
BFG 295 GTX Rev. B
Enermax Galaxy 850 psu
CoolIT Systems Freezone
Samsung 2233rz
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 06:20 PM   #16
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

What I want is a FPS where once you die you never respawn, your game is literaly dead and account is deleted and you can never play the game again, this will make for some real war. Survive or that $50 is a waste. How is that for realism? If you boys are looking for "realistic" there aint none out there but the real thing so go sign up and leave games like BF2 to those that can appreciate that fun is the main factor because lets be real, none of these games simulate the fatigue, gloom or even seeing someone get there cheek shot off in front of you. Have fun and stop bitching.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 06:52 PM   #17
Sgt_Pitt

BF doesnt need to follow any other games formula for controls, quite frankly BF has the best control system out there, for the amount of actions assigned to vehicles, infantry, heli's and planes, its got the controls worked out perfectly thanks, go take a look at totally retarded joint ops control system and you'll see what i mean.

simple intelligent key bindings, should be drilled into programmers heads when they went to school to learn programming, apparently some of them must have skipped that class.

im not saying BF2 shouldn't have lean, but the less keys to use the easier.

If you add lean to the BF engine you force everyone to use it, or risk suffering from a disadvantage.

Oh and to the guy who mentioned Joint Operations (and earlier Delta Force games), Call of Duty, MoHPA, FarCry etc. Where are they now? BF series has the second largest playerbase besides CS

The BF games are easy to pick up but hard to master, accessible to everyone.

Sorry if i sound angry, but you stay away from my bf controls please, its fine the way it is

Last edited by Sgt_Pitt; 02-19-05 at 07:53 PM.
Sgt_Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 09:32 PM   #18
Beng

Quote:
Sorry if i sound angry, but you stay away from my bf controls please, its fine the way it is
What are you afraid of? Scared of going to be butt-kicked in "your" coming Battlefield2 by someone who knows how to use leaning?
Beng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 09:42 PM   #19
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

To all those saying leaning doesn't belong in fast paced FPS's, please play a competitive clan match of MOH: Spearhead. You will then want to lean in all your FPS's. It is useful, regardless of pace.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 10:59 PM   #20
Sgt_Pitt

well i dont want to brag but my bfv clan finished the season in number 1 spot and the grand final is this thursday, and our dc team is number 5 on the ladder with a few weeks to go to try finish higher and hopefully be in the finals for that. so i have a little experience in BF games , you can use lean if ya want, ill be waiting for that headshot

hehe i love DC, bfv is a bit crappy, but the public hates us cause when we enter a pub no one has any fun, they all start crying and abusing us for some reason

Heres just a little taste, im not saying im L337 either, cause i die heaps too thats the thing about BF every game is unique

Last edited by Sgt_Pitt; 02-19-05 at 11:10 PM.
Sgt_Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-05, 11:08 PM   #21
Rakeesh

Heh, I have too many memories of bailing out of a perfectly good aircraft over an enemy airstrip, running straight for the nearest AA gun, and shooting down enemy aircraft as they were trying to take off. I always laughed my ass off because most of the time they were too dumb to notice that they were being shot down from their own airport

The best was crippling them so bad that they are nearly dead yet still alive so they would never stand a chance in a standoff against enemy fighters. It would waste time so that nobody else could grab the next aircraft

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 11:14 PM   #22
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Heh, I have too many memories of bailing out of a perfectly good aircraft over an enemy airstrip, running straight for the nearest AA gun, and shooting down enemy aircraft as they were trying to take off. I always laughed my ass off because most of the time they were too dumb to notice that they were being shot down from their own airport
hehe that would be base camping, alot of people dont like that. i try to stay out of enemy bases, most servers will kick you for being un-sportsmanlike, and i agree, its no fun to be camped while spawning, although i must admit ive let slip a few times, ive also been spawn raped many times.
Old 02-20-05, 01:03 PM   #23
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Battlefield 2 is going to be so awesome. Can't wait to buy it or even play the demo. I've only played BF1942 a couple of times (couldn't run it on my old PC!).

As big as a CS:S fan I am, would it be worth buying BF1942 for $20?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 01:35 PM   #24
circuitbreaker8

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Battlefield 2 is going to be so awesome. Can't wait to buy it or even play the demo. I've only played BF1942 a couple of times (couldn't run it on my old PC!).

As big as a CS:S fan I am, would it be worth buying BF1942 for $20?

I'd buy BF1942 just for Desert Combat...its honestly the ONLY game I play....kinda sad considering what my rig is capable of but all these "next gen" games suck monkey nutz.

Check it out: www.desert-combat.com
ll Cooler Master Praetorian WTX Form ll OCZ PowerStream 520 ll AMD Athlon 64 3400 ClawHammer CG@2.55Ghz ll Zalman 7000Cu ll DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb ll OCZ EL Platinum 3200 rev2 3200 @ 255Mhz 2.5-3-3-7(2x512Mb) ll Gigabyte X800XT PE 256Mb GDDR3 VIVO@580/580 ll Arctic Silencer 4 ll SB Audigy 2 ZS ll Logitech Z-560 THX 4.1 ll NEC FE991Sb 19" CRT ll 14.9k in 3dmark03! :eek:
circuitbreaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote